• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Charleston shooting.

I guess what I am trying to say is this: I get upset with people who accept a flawed perception of history. IMO, it is going to eventually lead to the ruin of the country.

I would be a hypocrite to then accept a flawed perception of history, and I feel that whitewashing the main reason for the Civil War, that being slavery, is just that. A flawed perception of history.

Another flawed perception of history is calling it the Confederate flag. I have succumbed to that. It is the battle flag of Northern Virginia.

Another flawed perception of history is calling it the Confederate flag. I have succumbed to that. It is the battle flag of Northern Virginia.

And the person who brought the flag back from the history books to fly in SC was Senator Strom Thurman (D) back in the late 1940's.

And the person who brought the flag back from the history books to fly in SC was Senator Strom Thurman (D) back in the late 1940's.

Yea, but he became a Repub later, so we all need to forget his Dem past.

So the show will be a minute long then.

It was a joke, considering all the hysteria though, I wouldn't be surprised if networks stop showing reruns.

When I was 10, I used to torture my dad by watching that show.

The Purge! The Purge!

Harry Reid calls on leaders to reconsider UNLV mascot, nickname

LAS VEGAS (FOX5) - Speaking to reporters in Washington Tuesday, Sen. Harry Reid called on Nevada higher education officials to consider changing the University of Nevada, Las Vegas' mascot and sports nickname.

I wondered the same thing about Ole Miss.

Can't they just make General Lee toys without the flag on the roof?

Looks like they are taking your advice

The Dukes Of Hazzard’s General Lee is losing its rooftop Confederate flag

Following the lead of retailers like Amazon, eBay, and Walmart—who all recently stopped selling merchandise emblazoned with the Confederate flag following the shootings in Charleston—Warner Bros. says it will stop licensing toy versions of the Dukes Of Hazzard’s General Lee.

The orange car, which features a big-*** Confederate flag on its roof, is a big feature of the show, and though Warner Bros. says there’s only “one licensee producing die-cast replicas and vehicle model kits featuring the General Lee,” it has still “elected to cease the licensing of these product categories.” Customers will still be able to buy T-shirts or other merchandise featuring an image of the car, but the vehicle will be missing that rooftop flag

51eMaJ-7SSL._SX940_.jpg

http://www.avclub.com/article/dukes-hazzards-general-lee-losing-its-rooftop-conf-221304

------------------

Bubba owns the original

c0123bubba.jpg

Last edited:
I kinda figured the General Lee car was on its way out when the recent auto trader commercial showed them driving off in an orange car minus the roof decals.

The Cultural Cleansing of the Southern States Begins

A full-fledged cultural cleansing of the Southern states is underway as lawmakers debate whether to remove Confederate flags and rename schools and parks named after Confederate war heroes.

There are also discussions in Washington, D.C. about removing Confederate-related statues from the U.S. Capitol — including a statue of Jefferson Davis, the former president of the Confederacy.

*Tennessee lawmakers are demanding that a bust of Nathan Bedford Forrest be removed from the statehouse;

*Baltimore lawmakers want to rename Robert E. Lee Park;

*Dallas lawmakers are considering demands to rename Stonewall Jackson Elementary School;

*St. Louis lawmakers are debating over the future of a confederate statue in a city park;

*Commissioners in Hillsborough, North Carolina are debating whether to remove the words “Confederate Memorial” from a Confederate memorial.

http://radio.foxnews.com/toddstarne...-cleansing-of-the-southern-states-begins.html

------------------------

won't be long before the Stars and Bars is next

What we have here is a modern day witch hunt.

If you're a company or local government that doesn't fall in line, you're guilty of being racist and longing for the days of slavery and segregation.

I don't own anything having to do with the confederacy, but this is disturbing.

Mind blowing what's going on with the confederate flag, all the hysteria. The initial suggestion was - maybe - removing the flag from the Capitol in South Carolina.

Well, that escalated quickly. Republican politicans jumping into the fray? Has the world gone mad?

Banning belt buckles, tv shows, lunchpails, bumper stickers, t-shirts, flags? What's next, burning Lynyrd Skynyrd CD's? ;)

Complete lunacy how some people are reacting. The south is the heart and soul of the nation. You simply don't mess with the Dukes of Hazzard.

Respect to all my brothers and sisters beneath the Mason-Dixie line.

killer-mike-2014-smile-billboard-650.jpg

Wise words from Killer Mike / Michael Render from Run the Jewels
http://www.stereogum.com/1811369/ki...d-commenting-on-confederate-flag-debate/news/

My opinion on the Confederate flag is quite simple and clear. I have no problem with Southerners who consider that a part of their heritage flying it privately in their homes or [wearing it] on their shirts or jackets. Even if that’s your choice of vanity license plate, you pay a tax for your license plate in Georgia. So that’s your tax, for your license plate. I have white friends who have the Confederate flag on their license plates and I have no issue with that, if they see that as a matter of heritage. But I do not think it should ever fly over a state, city, county building, or school, for the simple reason that it represents secession from the Union. It represented a part of the country trying to become a separate country from America. That side lost, and you do not fly the flags of losers over the winners’ country. It’s just that simple. There’s no way around that.

I remember going downtown [in Atlanta] to the State Capitol and protesting [the old Georgia flag, which incorporated the Confederate flag]. It came down [in 2001] under Governor Roy Barnes, one of our last Democratic governors. It was a very heated debate for a very long time. With that said, there are tons of Confederate flags in Georgia. Many of my neighbors have them. As a Southerner, I understand how it represents our heritage and lives lost in that war. I’ll give you that at the negotiation table. But my firm stance is that any group of traitors, anyone who tried to break up this country, deserves no honor once they’ve lost.

Dylann Roof certainly thinks [the Confederate flag] is racial, and there are people who are proponents for it because it's racial. But I don't give a damn if he wore it on his jacket. Why should I? That's his jacket. He has the right to wear the Confederate flag, the Rhodesian flag, or any other flag. What I care about is an environment where states like South Carolina will allow that flag to fly above their state building and they know that flag is used as a symbol of empowerment for white supremacy. I care that it's allowed to enforce a sick and perverse mentality by hanging atop a state building that taxpayers pay for. My primary objection to it is firmly grounded in a political argument, not an emotional one. It's less to do about me—"Hey, I'm black and it hurts my feelings, it's a symbol of slavery and oppression"—and more to do with the fact that, as an American, I will not honor a group of treacherous traitors. That's why I despise the rebel flag. Long live the South, and quickly die the Confederacy.

Last edited:
This has really opened a can of worms...

In a mega-colossal-******-up way that is either going to open up real dialogue or further divide this nation. We have stepped across the lunacy line.

Berm, I can't imagine what that flag means to you when you see it. I KNOW what it means when I see it. I think we share one common view of that flag, and that is that it is reprehensible.

But what is FAR more reprehensible is moving towards the silencing of voices and opinions. I WANT people to be able to wave that despicable flag, and appear fools in so doing, because it means that fool and I still have our freedoms.

When he has his voice silenced, mine isn't too far down the road from being next in line because "my personal taste" on something doesn't agree with someone else's tastes. Who gets to define what is acceptable and normal any more? Big Government? Our Media (LOL)? Hildabeast? We are stepping towards oppression.

Laugh if you will.

Reactions: GMC
I have said this before and I guess I will have to say it again:

Slavery was evil.

Slavery was an abomination.

Slavery was however codified into law in the Constitution as well as the method of amending the Constitution and The Tyrant Lincoln was trying to abrogate that.

The Civil War was not about slavery though. It was about monied interests in the north, particularly factory owners in Illinois and New York, seeking closed markets. Slavery was already dying in 1860, mechanization was making slave labor economically unviable. A tractor and implements could do in a day what it took 100 slaves a week to do. And those northern factory owners could see that and they wanted southern planters to buy that equipment from them and not Europe. It was greed that sparked the civil war not high minded ideals of enlightened northerners seeking to chastise and enlighten evil racist southerners. Less than one percent of the population of the slave states even owned slaves.

So the Civil War, which pushed our young country to the brink killing hundreds of thousands, was fought not to preserve the Union and end slavery.... but to line the pockets of farm equipment factory owners. I have to say I've never heard that one. So Abraham Lincoln wasn't one of, if not THE greatest, Presidents in history ... He instead was an evil genocidal maniac willing to see the country stressed to the breaking point just to help some businessmen in the north get rich. If what you're saying is true, then his place in history isn't with the Washington's, the Roosevelt's, the Reagan's of the world...but rather the Hitler's, the Stalin's, the Mao's .... Somebody needs to grab a jackhammer and some dynamite and head on out to Mt. Rushmore tooth sweet!!

some things will be forgotten along the way

Screen-Shot-2015-06-21-at-2.02.53-PM.png

As mentioned elsewhere, the Democrats didn't have a problem with the South until they stopped electing them around 1994 or so.

It was a joke, considering all the hysteria though, I wouldn't be surprised if networks stop showing reruns.

When I was 10, I used to torture my dad by watching that show.

I LOVED that show. Had a General Lee cake for one of my birthdays, a Dukes of Hazzard lunchbox, and a T shirt. My mom still has the lunchbox and t shirt saved.

Seems pretty un-American to me that this nation that is supposedly free is going to these extremes of wiping out cultural heritage. I thought that was ISIS' mission.

I LOVED that show. Had a General Lee cake for one of my birthdays, a Dukes of Hazzard lunchbox, and a T shirt. My mom still has the lunchbox and t shirt saved.
The Brownshirts will be at your mother's door soon looking for that stuff. How long has your family been racist? And if they raised you to be racist, why haven't you shot up a church full of black people?

The Brownshirts will be at your mother's door soon looking for that stuff. How long has your family been racist? And if they raised you to be racist, why haven't you shot up a church full of black people?

Me with a gun. That's all you need to know.

I never paid any attention to the rebel flag, because I'm a Yankee transplant ...I guess. All of a sudden, I want a confederate flag. Maybe 'cause they will go up in value or because I just like being opposite the flow ?

In a mega-colossal-******-up way that is either going to open up real dialogue or further divide this nation. We have stepped across the lunacy line.

Berm, I can't imagine what that flag means to you when you see it. I KNOW what it means when I see it. I think we share one common view of that flag, and that is that it is reprehensible.

But what is FAR more reprehensible is moving towards the silencing of voices and opinions. I WANT people to be able to wave that despicable flag, and appear fools in so doing, because it means that fool and I still have our freedoms.

When he has his voice silenced, mine isn't too far down the road from being next in line because "my personal taste" on something doesn't agree with someone else's tastes. Who gets to define what is acceptable and normal any more? Big Government? Our Media (LOL)? Hildabeast? We are stepping towards oppression.

Laugh if you will.

Well said Tim. The PC zealots are trying to erase a period of oppression by implementing another. I wonder when the book burnings will start.

We are all Africans now, genetically speaking, can't we just get along?

WE ARE ALL AFRICAN NOW

Our mitochondrial DNA appears to coalesce in a single woman, who lived on the African savannah 150,000 years ago. Our Y-chromosome survives from a single man, who lived in the Rift Valley of Kenya or Tanzania 59,000 years ago. So Adam and Eve did exist—90,000 years apart. The discrepancy is because, unlike the biblical Adam and Eve, this couple only represent the last common Ancestors we can trace genetically.

http://moreintelligentlife.com/content/jm-ledgard/exodus?page=full

Did anyone else have the Daisy Duke poster where if you looked really close you could see a little bush?