• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Coaching ... another season.

Our coaches sit in the office sipping brandy and playing go fish! Why? Because none of them are smart enough to play a game that requires any thinking or strategy as they are incapable of such things. So, they just dust off the same plans they use every Sunday and voila!

THe big problem with this team is Teryl Austin the Steelers DC. He was terrible with the Lions for 4 season, awful in Cincy for 1 season, Terrible last season and the trend continues.....He's gotta go! Canada isn't anything special either but I'd give him til the Bye Week before I kick him to the curb!

THe big problem with this team is Teryl Austin the Steelers DC. He was terrible with the Lions for 4 season, awful in Cincy for 1 season, Terrible last season and the trend continues.....He's gotta go! Canada isn't anything special either but I'd give him til the Bye Week before I kick him to the curb!
Both of those coordinators suck ***.

Does this look familiar? Same OC.

Yes,sir same ****. It's a damn dumpster fire offense and it's a complete waste of ******* time.

Obviously fans are not that thrilled with the team in Pittsburgh because they sold off all of their tickets.

When did that **** start happening?

Yes,sir same ****. It's a damn dumpster fire offense and it's a complete waste of ******* time.

Obviously fans are not that thrilled with the team in Pittsburgh because they sold off all of their tickets.

When did that **** start happening?
It has been creeping into being the norm for quite some time. Although the showing today was a tinge worse than what I remember seeing.

We have fans that are only interested in making a profit, others that either are weather and mediocre results driven away. Some by the odd ball scheduled dates like Thursday night games.

Niner fans just recently started back up in attendance. That is what looking like a yearly contender will do for you.

Looking like a substandard standard team won't force the fans to attend.

It has been creeping into being the norm for quite some time. Although the showing today was a tinge worse than what I remember seeing.

We have fans that are only interested in making a profit, others that either are weather and mediocre results driven away. Some by the odd ball scheduled dates like Thursday night games.

Niner fans just recently started back up in attendance. That is what looking like a yearly contender will do for you.

Looking like a substandard standard team won't force the fans to attend.
Man I would have killed for season tickets when I lived up that way. Times sure have changed. I do get selling them. People will pay ridiculous money over face value nowadays.

If I owned this team at the end of the season I would have Ben Johnson at the nicest restaurant in the country and give him a blank check. probably good thing I don't own the team.

Purdy was the very last ******* pick in the 22 draft the LAST ******* pick. He looked like Manning, Brady, Montana, and ******* Mahomes all in one today. Our coaches have NO ******* clue. I'm so pissed right now I'm shaking.

I am ******* sick of this the standard is the standard bullshit. our standard sucks. Part of me hopes we lose every ******* game so they have to blow this coaching staff up. Maybe they should sell the team to someone that actually loves the steelers and who actually wants to win.
Where someone is picked is irrelevant to how well they play the game.
Donnie Shell and Rod Smith - undrafted.
Antonio Brown and Tom Brady - 6th round picks.
Jamarcus Russell, Midget Mayfield, Jameis Winston, Sam Bradford - #1 overall picks.
We were unprepared and unwilling to make adjustments/corrections.
THAT is on the coaching staff.

Bottom line...Coach mediocrity Tomlin has assembled a HS coaching staff that will never threaten his job, and Rooney has allowed this
1000% Canada should have been fired last year and Omar should have been tasked with getting a fresh OC that understands the NFL and how to take a young QB to the next level. Instead, we get a team that is clearly not ready to compete....even losing 24-14 to a good 49ers team would have been a victory.
Coach Blah, Blah, Blah has the team believing "We need to do routine things routinely"
-Routinely have no game plan to involve running the ball or throwing to the TE
-Routinely take shots down field on third & short for no reason, instead of controlling the game
-Routinely have no pressure on the QB
-Routinely have a secondary covering blades of grass instead of the open WR
-Routinely get positive movement before half, only to come out not ready and give up a TD to deflate the team again (that was classic Tomlin!)
-Routinely admit after the game the team was not ready on every level, yet no changes will be made

Our offensive plan look exactly like last year. No DC in the league had trouble defending it. 18 points per game may not be attainable this year.

Purdy was the very last ******* pick in the 22 draft the LAST ******* pick. He looked like Manning, Brady, Montana, and ******* Mahomes all in one today. Our coaches have NO ******* clue. I'm so pissed right now I'm shaking.
What does being the last pick have to do with anything? Purdy has already proven he should have been a high first round pick.
I am ******* sick of this the standard is the standard bullshit. our standard sucks. Part of me hopes we lose every ******* game so they have to blow this coaching staff up. Maybe they should sell the team to someone that actually loves the steelers and who actually wants to win.

Yes, but also notice how WIIIIIIDDDDDEEEEEE open his guys were. I can't remember the last time we had guys getting that wide open throughout a game. Our safeties were non-existant. No one was covering the middle of the field and on our side, we weren't throwing there.

I hope these both show up:

Ben against Baltimore at the end of the 2021 season compared to Pickett today.

Canaduh, Canaduh, Canaduh! The years and QB's change but nothing else does. I said before the game, we needed at least a few 2 or 3-step drops and bombs down the sideline to Pickens and at least one early in the game to help get them from stacking the box. Yet, we did none of that. We put the big TE in in the redzone yet didn't even attempt to put one up for him. This isn't on KP, this is on Canaduh for his stupid play calling from one year to the next. KP won't improve until Canaduh is gone.

Canada should be reassigned as the team pastry chef.
if there were any yinzers worth a damn, they'd find Canada and remove him from the state.