• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Coaching ... another season.

I read on facebook that we were the only team that has not had an offensive output of 400 yards since 2021 and that all other 31 teams have had at least 3 games surpassing 400 yards of offense.

So I looked it up, Not one game of 400 yards of offense and 14 of the last 35 games we have failed to score more than 7 points. just for those that are curious this was when canada took over.
I'm not gonna fact check this, so if those stats are true, (and I believe they probably are) therein lies a HUGE problem if you're after a Lombardi. Unless of course the coaches just get lucky occasionally, and the real wish is for at least a 9-8 "non-losing" season.

Last edited:
What Tomlin believes his defense to be:

giphy.gif

What Tomlin's defense is in reality:

kid-toy-car.gif

Soon...

I read on facebook that we were the only team that has not had an offensive output of 400 yards since 2021 and that all other 31 teamshave had at least 3 games surpassing 400 yards of offense.

So I looked it up, Not one game of 400 yards of offense and 14 of the last 35 games we have failed to score more than 7 points. just for those that are curious this was when canada took over.
Jiminoh replies
I'm not gonna fact check this, so if those stats are true, (and I believe they probably are) therein lies a HUGE problem if you're after a Lombardi. Unless of course you just get lucky occasionally, and the real wish is for at least a 9-8 "non-losing" season......

I did fact check this. What a pile of rubbish. Isn’t the internet such a truthful and wonderful thing🙂
14 of the last 35 games we have failed to score more than 7 points? C’mon.

I mean I know we’re awful on Offense but c’mon.
We have failed twice since 2021-2023 seasons. The one time to Buffalo when we scored 3. And last week to the 49’s.
I’m not even going to bother checking the 400 yard thing.

Pro-Football Reference is your friend. Facebook for facts? Not so much.

Jiminoh replies
I'm not gonna fact check this, so if those stats are true, (and I believe they probably are) therein lies a HUGE problem if you're after a Lombardi. Unless of course you just get lucky occasionally, and the real wish is for at least a 9-8 "non-losing" season......

I did fact check this. What a pile of rubbish. Isn’t the internet such a truthful and wonderful thing🙂

We have failed twice since 2021-2023 seasons. The one time to Buffalo when we scored 3. And last week to the 49’s.

I don't follow Facebook. I was more focused on the 400 yard thing, but I don't feel like checking that either. Hopefully this year can be a good one.

I don't follow Facebook. I was more focused on the 400 yard thing, but I don't feel like checking that either. Hopefully this year can be a good one.
I was alluding to the original comment by Warrior as he saw the comment on FB.
Like you,I’m not on FB.
Cheers

Jiminoh replies

I did fact check the 400 yards and should have checked the 7 points but it came from the same person so my bad. I used profootball reference for the 400 yards and the most yards they show is 391 yards against the broncos in 2021. In 2022 it was 364 against the bills.

I did fact check the 400 yards and should have checked the 7 points but it came from the same person so my bad. I used profootball reference for the 400 yards and the most yards they show is 391 yards against the broncos in 2021. In 2022 it was 364 against the bills.
It was nothing personal 👍
When I read that 7 point thing I just couldn’t believe it. We all do it......read things and barely question it. The BS out there is probably quite staggering.
Cheers

It was nothing personal 👍
When I read that 7 point thing I just couldn’t believe it. We all do it......read things and barely question it. The BS out there is probably quite staggering.
Cheers
no worries. I should have checked the points but got lazy after looking at the yards for each game. that's on me I shouldn't have posted something I didn't verify.

I went and tried to see what I could find out on PFR and I couldn't do what I wanted to do with regard to the 400 yard thing. It would require a spreadsheet of some sort. What I did gather from a several minutes glance is the last few years is not the most encouraging thing to see.

Canada handles the pastry department, 1-2 set, sends the eggs and flour in motion, and this is the result:

Saltine-Crackers.JPG
And when he serves it, he won't place anything on the middle of the table.

I went and tried to see what I could find out on PFR and I couldn't do what I wanted to do with regard to the 400 yard thing. It would require a spreadsheet of some sort. What I did gather from a several minutes glance is the last few years is not the most encouraging thing to see.
The only reason I looked at the yards is because I couldn't believe that we failed to have a 400+ yard game in a season with Big Ben under center. I started to break the yards down further but my brain started hurting. hell there was ten games in 21 with Ben running the show that we either didn't get or barely got 300 yards. you can't win a championship like, not in today's NFL

We have failed twice since 2021-2023 seasons.

I think the correct stat is failure to score more than 17 points in those seasons. I checked - the Steelers have failed to score more than 17 points in 17 of their last 35 games (2021-present).

I think the correct stat is failure to score more than 17 points in those seasons. I checked - the Steelers have failed to score more than 17 points in 17 of their last 35 games (2021-present).
I think what the original stat was trying to say was that the OFFENSE hasn’t scored more than 1 td in 14 of the last 35… but I didn’t check that… its a stat I’ve heard last year with fewer games attached but it seems about right moved forward…

Someone probably confused 1td with 7 points and didn’t clarify that it excludes defensive and ST tds..

I know it’s asking a lot, but I would love for the Steelers to bring in a young, innovative OC that actually runs a scheme that fits his players and gets the most out of them. I can’t imagine what Tomlin or anyone in the Steelers organization sees in Canada’s offense that makes them believe it is going to be successful. At some point you HAVE to make a change. You are wasting the careers of some special players and destroying the development of young guys with great potential. It’s madness. I mean, it’s not like this is the first game this sort of **** happened. It’s every damn game.
The Steelers don't hire innovative coaches or up and comers anymore. Steelers analysts rip Canada's scheme as do general football analysts on multiple sites that watch film. This team has had too many of the same problems on offense with multiple QBs and nothing changes.