• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Coaching ... another season.

What does being the last pick have to do with anything? Purdy has already proven he should have been a high first round pick.
that this coaching staff can't handle a QB in his second year that was the very last pick in the draft. Purdy may be the player that makes people forget about Brady, but when you have the talent we have on defense there is n way on Gods green earth you shouldn't be able to confuse him at least some of the ******* game. That's on coaching and the fact we have not changed a damn thing as far as scheme or play calling on either side of the ball.

There was a time we made ANY first or second year QB look like a middle school back up. Now everybody looks like a ******* hall of famer and it's not just recently, it's been like this for years now.

They ran the ball 9 times.
But they were behind 20 points almost instantly. We would have been also screaming if they were running Against the #1 run defense for 2 yards a pop. We always seem to play from behind.

Yes, but also notice how WIIIIIIDDDDDEEEEEE open his guys were. I can't remember the last time we had guys getting that wide open throughout a game. Our safeties were non-existant. No one was covering the middle of the field and on our side, we weren't throwing there.
I can't like this enough.

But they were behind 20 points almost instantly. We would have been also screaming if they were running Against the #1 run defense for 2 yards a pop. We always seem to play from behind.
Still I saw no change toward a power running game. Same set up expecting different results. The design is fatally flawed.

Still I saw no change toward a power running game. Same set up expecting different results. The design is fatally flawed.

I will bet that their gameplan had absolutely nothing to do with running the ball.. the narrative is that they fell behind too quickly…. But they really didn’t…. It was 10-0 and they had run 9 total plays… 2 of which were runs… they meant to come out passing…

They actually didn’t try to run on 1st and 2nd down until it was 20-0…

I will bet that their gameplan had absolutely nothing to do with running the ball.. the narrative is that they fell behind too quickly…. But they really didn’t…. It was 10-0 and they had run 9 total plays… 2 of which were runs… they meant to come out passing…

Glad I'm not the only one who noticed that. It's going to keep failing in spectacular fashion.

I am assuming they came out with more passing because of San Fran’s run Defense. I am sure that was part of the game plan. We will never know. But I bet if we came out running from the start San Fran would have shut that **** down too.
My mistake was wearing the B&G glasses. Not giving San Frans Defense enough respect. For that matter, their offense too. We have a long ways to go.

Many of us have been complaining about Canada's useless and predictable offense. His lack of skills as an O coordinator and coach should, by the end of the season, so confuse Pickett he will not be a starting QB in the NFL much longer because Canada is making him learn and play his college system. No wonder Pickett is confused out there. He sees the D, he thinks about Canada's play call and then, in his head tries to process why Canada would make him run such a dumb play when the D is clearly ready for it.

But, we can complain about it until the sun comes up or until someone starts a twitter/X account with "#fire canada or we quit". And, fans need to actually boycott, even a game or two will send the message clearly. And, what have you got to lose. Go watch and watch them lose again or boycott and maybe things will change before its too late for this year. That will help the Rooney's understand. Right now, they let Tomlin keep Canada around (Tomlin can go too IMO) because they still sell out and sell merch like crazy. So, if you run a business and business is good, why change. only reason Steelers are still posting respectable last couple of seasons is all thanks to the players' commitment and drive, all despite the bad coaching.

Let's make them change coaches Steeler Nation! # fire Canada or we quit (someone start that and get it rolling!) I'm too old to know how to do that, but not too old to see what's happening with our O. And, yes, everyone and everything sucked yesterday, but that's what happens when you are undercoached.

Steeler fan of 40 years.

Last edited:
Many of us have been complaining about Canada's useless and predictable offense. His lack of skills as an O coordinator and coach should, by the end of the season, so confuse Pickett he will not be a starting QB in the NFL much longer because Canada is making him learn and play his college system. No wonder Pickett is confused out there. He sees the D, he thinks about Canada's play call and then, in his head tries to process why Canada would make him run such a dumb play when the D is clearly ready for it.

But, we can complain about it until the sun comes up or, until someone starts a twitter/X account with "#fire canada or we quit". And, fans need to actually boycott, even a game or two will send the message clearly. And, what have you got to lose. Go watch and watch them lose again or boycott and maybe things will change before its too late for this year. That will help the Rooney's understand. Right now, they let Tomlin keep Canada around (Tomlin can go too IMO) because they still sell out and sell merch like crazy. So, if you run a business and business is good, why change.

Let's make them change coaches Steeler Nation! # fire Canada or we quit (someone start that and get it rolling!) I'm too old to know how to do that, but not too old to see what's happening with our O. And, yes, everyone and everything sucked yesterday, but that's what happenes when you are undercoached.

Steeler fan of 40 years.
Nothing the fans could do to get that man shown the door. We are stuck with him until end season.

Nothing the fans could do to get that man shown the door. We are stuck with him until end season.
This is unfortunate, but true. I think the Steelers brass being loyal to their staff is admirable, but at some point when things obviously aren't working out for years, it's time to pull the plug. And it goes for all of them.

FireMattCanada is trending on Twitter/X

Well, I stand corrected! Lol. Thanks for pointing that out, seems someone has done that. Now, if only we could get fans to actually boycott for a game....

P.S. I do admire stability and loyalty, but there is a limit to it I agree and we are at that limit.

I am assuming they came out with more passing because of San Fran’s run Defense. I am sure that was part of the game plan. We will never know. But I bet if we came out running from the start San Fran would have shut that **** down too.
My mistake was wearing the B&G glasses. Not giving San Frans Defense enough respect. For that matter, their offense too. We have a long ways to go.

The first mistake was taking the ball first… lets forget that there is a natural advantage to having the first possession after the half in close games…

If we kick off, the 9rs most likely start behind their 30.…now, If its 4th and a yard to go against a good d and an opponent with a potentially good offense and you are on your side of the field, you punt….
if its the same situation and you are over the 50, you probably go for it… that gives your d a little cushion if you fail…

Remember the 49rs got the ball at their 45 after a 32 yard punt… they drove 9 yards… then went for it on 4th down… if they have that ball staring on the 25 then push to the 34… they punt… that changes the entire dynamic of the game.

It was arrogant to take the ball first. It cost them playing from behind all game long

This is what a man who was passionate and loved his team sounds like. Not a guy who just stands around the sidelines thinking about what words he's going to dazzle the local worthless pandering media with after the game.

I read on facebook that we were the only team that has not had an offensive output of 400 yards since 2021 and that all other 31 teams have had at least 3 games surpassing 400 yards of offense.

So I looked it up, Not one game of 400 yards of offense and 14 of the last 35 games we have faild to score more than 7 points. just for those that are curious this was when canada took over.

I will say it again, Tomlin is a good but not great coach who refuses to hire assistants he deems smarter than he is.
His biggest weakness is that he does a poor job of hiring assistants and when they suck, Deuce won’t fire them while they’re under contract.
Tomlin’s best coordinators were the only two he didn’t hire, LeBeau and Haley.

I read on facebook that we were the only team that has not had an offensive output of 400 yards since 2021 and that all other 31 teams have had at least 3 games surpassing 400 yards of offense.

So I looked it up, Not one game of 400 yards of offense and 14 of the last 35 games we have faild to score more than 7 points. just for those that are curious this was when canada took over.
All Ben’s fault. Canaduh needs a mobile QB to run his offense.
Oh wait….

We will not move forward until the entire coaching staff are gone.

Kinda sucks too with the new FO approach lately. Wasted.
True. So, the fans sell their tickets, leave games early, and no one up top seems to listen.

True. So, the fans sell their tickets, leave games early, and no one up top seems to listen.
It will be interesting. Isn’t their some power grab with ownership or something I read recently. Not saying I want that but I’m tired of the we stay with our coaches bs.

It will be interesting. Isn’t their some power grab with ownership or something I read recently. Not saying I want that but I’m tired of the we stay with our coaches bs.
That was some minority owners. Don't think it will turn into much.