• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

College Bowls and News

SEC *******
I'll never understand this. As a fan of other Big Ten teams we want the Buckeyes and Wolverines to get destroyed...I don't care if it's the NC game. SEC fans live vicariously thru whatever is the best team that season and treat that teams success as translating to their own team. Really weird.

Those were exciting games. Imagine a 68 team field.

I saw a lot of OSU fans bashing him for not running and comments he made about not running. It was also a big knock on him from draft analysts.
Well, you saw him run tonight. And, with NIL $$$ possibly being more than he would make as a rookie, you might see it again next year. lol

I mean Ill admit I was rooting against Michigan because **** Harbaugh, but otherwise I didn’t care who won what… and all of these teams were deserving this year

Well, you saw him run tonight. And, with NIL $$$ possibly being more than he would make as a rookie, you might see it again next year. lol
Yeah and everyone was pleasantly surprised. Probably has given the Texans even more to think about when it comes to Young or Stroud.

Tough loss for your team Buckeye........I thought they played their ***** off
They earned back some respect that they lost from the Mich game. Well, at least from some folks.

That’s really a shortsighted strategy though… the trick is if you think you are absolutely a top end first round pick, you go into the nfl to make sure you get to ufa early, because if you are a star, that ufa money trumps anything else you might get for another risky year in college

I'll never understand this. As a fan of other Big Ten teams we want the Buckeyes and Wolverines to get destroyed...I don't care if it's the NC game. SEC fans live vicariously thru whatever is the best team that season and treat that teams success as translating to their own team. Really weird.
Could be an SEC, sunshine, blue skies & God Bless America thing.

Yeah and everyone was pleasantly surprised. Probably has given the Texans even more to think about when it comes to Young or Stroud.
I see Young going #1. Seattle, at #3 presently, will have a tough choice between Stroud and Levis if they believe the Levis hype.

That’s really a shortsighted strategy though… the trick is if you think you are absolutely a top end first round pick, you go into the nfl to make sure you get to ufa early, because if you are a star, that ufa money trumps anything else you might get for another risky year in college
Not to mention the 2024 QB class looks to actually have depth, including Caleb Williams who would be the consensus No. 1 player in this year’s draft.

SEC got all the calls in the 4th quarter. Shocking.

The obvious targeting that apparently concussed Harrison but was reversed to save the day for Georgia
The stop on 4th down out of bounds that got reversed that saved the day for Georgia.
The successful fake punt where Georgia was given a time out to save the day for Georgia, again.
Don't forget the entire line was illegally downfield on Georgia's first TD.
Georgia's phony injuries on the last drive to give the pass rushers and DBs a chance to rest.
The Buckeye defender inexplicably falling down to give up a huge play.
Marvin Harrison being kept out of the game, even though it was ruled he DID NOT take a shot to the head.
The Buckeye DBs up on the line against the WRs when they should have been backed off (just like the Michigan game)
All the uncalled holds on every big Georgia run.
The Buckeyes forgetting how to block when they got to the 30 at the end.
The kick by an extremely reliable kicker that wasn't even close.

Damn, that looked scripted and rigged as hell.
But the Buckeyes covered the spread, which had dropped from 6.5 to 5 from all the late betting.

I'm losing faith in sports being real. I really am.

Yes, I'm pissed and bitter. How did the Buckeyes lose this game?

I saw a lot of OSU fans bashing him for not running and comments he made about not running. It was also a big knock on him from draft analysts.

yeah but I'm a Penn State fan and since OSU beat Penn State this year, i'm not allowed to have an opinion on Ohio State players.

I thought the targeting was obviously not targeting, but I make no claim to know the rule.

yeah but I'm a Penn State fan and since OSU beat Penn State this year, i'm not allowed to have an opinion on Ohio State players.
Naw, you're entitled to your opinion. I'll just point out that your opinion of tOSU and tOSU players is usually something negative. Even when they consistently beat Penn State.

Sucks to lose like that. That kicker has to feel like **** to shank one that bad. Hopefully his teammates help him through. Buckeyes definitely proved they deserved to be there, so Saban can suck it with his 2 loses.

We don't want them to get destroyed, we just know its going to happen every damn year when they get tossed in the playoffs...When you get all the recruits, then gloat every year when you beat average teams in the conference, then lose in the playoffs and make the conference look bad, you are going to get some hate.....Sorry.

It's a shame, because OSU actually could have won the game tonight if they could manages to even play half assed on defense.....

I seen it in the PSU game. The D wasn't that good like it usually is, PSU handed them the game in the 4th, and then UM beat them.

UM played defense like a Big 12 team today too.

I really thought UM and UGA would play better defense than that.

I thought the targeting was obviously not targeting, but I make no claim to know the rule.
Nobody knows the rule. It's so inconsistent, But sometimes when somebody gets drilled in the head, they don't kick the guy out but let the flag stand. This time they conveniently for the SEC team ruled for the no penalty at all. Field goal instead of first and goal.

Naw, you're entitled to your opinion. I'll just point out that your opinion of tOSU and tOSU players is usually something negative. Even when they consistently beat Penn State.
I'm a Penn State fan but I was rooting for OSU tonight. If they beat us, it would be nice to know it was by the eventual National Champs. All four playoff teams deserved to be there and I was surprised TCU did such a job on Michigan and OSU had Georgia on the ropes up to the end.

I don't know if anyone noticed, but Kentucky found out today it's a ***** to go against Iowa's defense.