• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

College Football Bowls

Zapped looks like the real thing, idk. How much is that crazy offense ? Appalachian st. QB made some nice throws too.
It's hard to say, I guess. I never really have any idea how good any of our players are actually. That's more of a TMC thing. I just drink and watch. We have been putting some players in the NFL the last several years though.
He has the feel of the QB version of Troy Edwards… great numbers at a small school but physically small and probably not translating to the NFL well
Yeah, I have no idea if his skillset, whatever that might be, will translate into the NFL. Regardless, I'm kinda proud to be a WKU alum today. Our bball team also beat Lousiville yesterday. WKU got a lot of TV time yesterday. It's too bad we can't exchange all of that for the pain and suffering brought about by the tornadoes.

I believe he is playing in the Senior Bowl, so he might get a chance to show what he can do against other potential NFL talent.

With the exception of Ben, and maybe even Ben, I might take him over any QB on our roster at the moment. Our line is so bad it's probably hard to evaluate any of our skill positions.

Not bowl news, but Pitt just picked up a big time QB transfer with Kedon Slovis from USC. With a load of talent returning on offense, including Jordan Addison, a veteran QB is a huge addition to this offense.

if Slovis transfered good for him, I was reading he would be a high draft commity as well as Sam Howell, Only Willis lived up to the hype Sooners QB stock plummetted and Sooners were still able to win. My thing was watching and looking for our next QB PLEASE NO USC AS SINCE CARSON BUST BUST BUM

There's also a pretty good chance he's peaked. He was having a pretty good season until he got injured. I'm not sure he can play much better than he did games 1-5.

Do you mean Picket or Clifford? I have heard some say that Pickett is peaked and it's possible he could be. He is not physically gifted. A QB who has mastered a system can carve up most college defenses.

I think what Pickett has going for him is Mac Jones. You see Lawrence and Field struggling and Trey Lance not even playing. Then you see game manager Jones winning within a system. A GM or coach on the hot seat could be very high on Pickett because he can likely play at least reasonably well from day 1. That's what had Trubiski go ahead of Mahomes.

Clifford is on his 3rd different OC in 3 years. That's tough. He struggles with accuracy and I'm not sure he'll be a good pro, but he does have enough talent to be a good college QB.

Auburn QB Bo Nix is transferring to Oregon.

Penn State's other LB Ellis Brooks has also declared for the draft and seems unlikely to play in the bowl.

Jahan Dotson has a decision to make. I don't think he has anything left to prove, but WR is a competitive draft position and the difference between being WR 3 and WR 5 could be a whole round and a lot less money. I can see where he may want to have a good bowl performance to make sure he's a 1st rounder.

Auburn QB Bo Nix is transferring to Oregon.

Penn State's other LB Ellis Brooks has also declared for the draft and seems unlikely to play in the bowl.

Jahan Dotson has a decision to make. I don't think he has anything left to prove, but WR is a competitive draft position and the difference between being WR 3 and WR 5 could be a whole round and a lot less money. I can see where he may want to have a good bowl performance to make sure he's a 1st rounder.
I cannot picture Bo Nix in an Oregon uniform. My mind just two stepped bob style and exploded

I cannot picture Bo Nix in an Oregon uniform. My mind just two stepped bob style and exploded
I can't see that either. One of the weirdest transfers I can remember.

Obviously Nix is just afraid to play Penn State again next year.

Texas A&M pulled out of their bowl game because they're all going pro.

Brooks is good....a real good LB but thought another year in college might raise his stock higher in the draft. Might be a good pick in round 5-6.

Brooks is good....a real good LB but thought another year in college might raise his stock higher in the draft. Might be a good pick in round 5-6.

It will depend on his combine. If he runs sub 4.5 then he could go high. Tons of team looking for LB that can run and cover. Sadly the steelers still need one of those after trading up for Bush.

Word is Penn State OT Rasheed Walker will opt out as well. He could be a sneaky high pick. He may get drafted based on his game vs Aiden Hutchinson where he actually got the best of him on many plays.

Penn State may look more like the Blue White game by kickoff. You'll need a roster just to follow who's playing.

The Dec 24 Hawaii Bowl - Memphis vs Hawaii is Cancelled after Hawaii pulled out due to covid

Texas A&M pulled out of Gator bowl due to covid. Rutgers will replace them.

In other news, the Playoff committee announced that if a playoff team can't go due to Covid, the game will not be delayed, they will have to forfeit and their opponent will advance. If both teams forfeit then the other game becomes a single National Championship game.

Are you ready for a champ to be declared due to Covid or there to be no champ at all?

If both teams in a semifinal are unable to play, the game will be declared a no contest and the winner of the other semifinal will be declared the national champion. If three of the four CFP semifinal teams are left unavailable due to COVID-19 issues, the lone remaining squad would be deemed national champion.

As for the national championship game, which is scheduled for Monday, Jan. 10, it can be pushed back as late as Friday, Jan. 14.

Finally, should national title game fail to be rescheduled prior to Jan. 15, then the championship will be declared vacant.

It will depend on his combine. If he runs sub 4.5 then he could go high. Tons of team looking for LB that can run and cover. Sadly the steelers still need one of those after trading up for Bush.

Word is Penn State OT Rasheed Walker will opt out as well. He could be a sneaky high pick. He may get drafted based on his game vs Aiden Hutchinson where he actually got the best of him on many plays.

Penn State may look more like the Blue White game by kickoff. You'll need a roster just to follow who's playing.
I’ve seen Brooks rates as a third-round prospect and Walker is pretty consistent as a second rounder. I would assume two guys the Steelers will check out.

What does Notre Dame have in common with pot? They both get smoked in bowls.

What's the difference between cooch's luxury car and my LUXURY S10.....?

Coolie GIVES crap to cooch about his

and

Coolie LEAVES crap in mine

Salute the nation

What's the difference between cooch's luxury car and my LUXURY S10.....?

Coolie GIVES crap to cooch about his

and

Coolie LEAVES crap in mine

Salute the nation
Well **** have Coolie do some light cleaning. Shine some hubcaps, clean some upholstery, that'll teach'em.

Fenway, Military and now the Sun Bowl canceled because of the plague.

Hope there aren't any more or New Years weekend will be disappointing.

I thought the Sun Bowl was trying to get Central Michigan from the Barstool Bowl to play Washington State.

Dotson and Brisker now officially opted out. So their 2 best LB are out and their best Safety. Their top pass rusher Ebikede also not expected to play although i don't know that's official yet.

PSU in a bind vs a run heavy Arkansas. They will likely move Luketa from DE to MLB. The next best guy would be freshman Kobe King but this would be his 4th game played so it would burn a redshirt on him. They may end up playing a backup Safety at LB.

PSU will likely have to try to score a bunch to make Arkansa pas more than they want. Without Dotson, they may lean on the TEs more. They have 3 very athletic TEs but they are young and had up and down seasons. Will a young WR like Malick Meiga step up?

In better PSU news. They landed a huge WR transfer in mitchell tinsley from Western Kentucky. He is exactly what they need for next year. An experienced WR that can start immediately. He's not a burner but big and physical and that's exactly what they needed to mix with the other young WRs next year.