• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

College Football Bowls

Sam Howell is a short, slow and weak armed QB, a lesser talented Baker Mayfield . He will be the Steelers pick if Tomlin has his way
You know it's Colbert who has gone to Howell's games and practices ... don't you? That indicates that Colbert has some interest in Howell. Unless you're insinuating that Colbert is simply a Tomlin figurehead and does what Tomlin tells him to. ;)

You know it's Colbert who has gone to Howell's games and practices ... don't you? That indicates that Colbert has some interest in Howell. Unless you're insinuating that Colbert is simply a Tomlin figurehead and does what Tomlin tells him to. ;)
IDK, Howell reminds me of Bubby Brister, more raw desire than actual talent.

The Music City Bowl is entertaining.

Dotson and Brisker now officially opted out. So their 2 best LB are out and their best Safety. Their top pass rusher Ebikede also not expected to play although i don't know that's official yet.

PSU in a bind vs a run heavy Arkansas. They will likely move Luketa from DE to MLB. The next best guy would be freshman Kobe King but this would be his 4th game played so it would burn a redshirt on him. They may end up playing a backup Safety at LB.

PSU will likely have to try to score a bunch to make Arkansa pas more than they want. Without Dotson, they may lean on the TEs more. They have 3 very athletic TEs but they are young and had up and down seasons. Will a young WR like Malick Meiga step up?

In better PSU news. They landed a huge WR transfer in mitchell tinsley from Western Kentucky. He is exactly what they need for next year. An experienced WR that can start immediately. He's not a burner but big and physical and that's exactly what they needed to mix with the other young WRs next year.

Doesn't sound like the game will be worth watching. Franklin doesn't beat ranked teams anyway so this may be a blow out without Dotson and half the starting defense.

The scouting
keep your lame Tomlin hate out of every ******* thread
Tomlin is the coach and he likes Howell. This is a football board yes ? Then Tomlin is fair game as the HEAD COACH.

The scouting

Tomlin is the coach and he likes Howell. This is a football board yes ? Then Tomlin is fair game as the HEAD COACH.
please provide evidence that Mike Tomlin likes the kid as a player? I have seen rumors that the Steelers may be interested and many of the repots cite their opinion that Tomlin may be the reason, but that is just their opinion of why the Steelers might be interested

please provide evidence that Mike Tomlin likes the kid as a player? I have seen rumors that the Steelers may be interested and many of the repots cite their opinion that Tomlin may be the reason, but that is just their opinion of why the Steelers might be interested
The Steelers work as a team with the front office. Tomlin has said he wants a mobile QB and there was a report they like Howell more than Pickett. I have little doubt if Colbert is scouting Howell, Tomlin likes him too.

The Steelers work as a team with the front office. Tomlin has said he wants a mobile QB and there was a report they like Howell more than Pickett. I have little doubt if Colbert is scouting Howell, Tomlin likes him too.
true, but that is speculation. Colbert may like him and want the scouts there.

true, but that is speculation. Colbert may like him and want the scouts there.
I'd go beyond speculation. The Steelers don't hide who they like in the first round. Tomlin couldn't hide his excitement prior to the draft for Najee last year and he's done the same for other picks. Given the front office and coaching staff doesn't work in isolation, Tomlin no doubt has signed off on Howell, especially knowing Colbert may retire following this season.

why exactly? Have you seen cincy play this season? They did knock off ND on the road and it wasn't all that close. Granted ND is always over hyped and over rated, but cincy has some quality players and a solid defense. Hell they used a ****** 3rd quarter by the Coogs to beat UH in the AAC Championship.....that shows how awesome they are

I don't truly expect a cincy win, but I am hopeful they can make it a competitive game. If they avoid mistakes and control the ball on offense, they could make a game of it
What Cincy has going for them is good NFL DB’s and without Menchie could be closer than people think

Howell runs a 5.07 40 has a weak arm is not a competitor and has very little enthusiasm. He is Mitch Trubisky 2.0 without the speed arm or size. In short a typical Tomlin physical outlier see Busy Archer and now Green.

Lol Howell lost to a full-time WR playing QB and a grad assistant playing QB. Go get him Tomlin.