• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

College Football Week 1

I think the refs have been fairly good though.. i thought when wv downed it on the one, the guy touched it with a foot in the end zone… but other than that and a slow whistle that gave pitt the opportunity to be stupid and get a taunting penalty… but honestly you can’t really blame the ref for that

Who designed the WVU helmets?
I mean its an unfinished white helmet with a outline of tge state with WVU in it, but it looks like it was designed by an intern on photoshop in ten minutes because they forgot the real design on the subway the day it was supposed to be turned in

Clifford 8-15 for 144 yards and 2 TD’s in first half but had two really bad wide open drops by receivers. Early offensive play calling holding PSU back with 4 of first 5 drives starting with run, run for short yards and then pass. The only TD drive of first five was when they don’t start run, run.

So Espn got it right today about Pitt Wv and Penn State…

Penn state fans always feel they are superior to Pitt, pitt fans feel they are superior to Wv… all of them have flaws that probably keep them out of the real national championship picture for the most part..

Pitt fans want to beat Penn State, but don’t want to lose to WV…

Pitt is a very weird program… they kneecapped their program in 39 (when they were tge best program in the country) to spite it because the guy running it hated sports and wanted them to be pure academics… they rebuilt it in the 70’s and go through this cycle of getting good and blowing things up ever since… basically a great formula for mediocrity

they are literally stuck between penn state, who is above them in worldwide academic ranks, (not by as much as penn state tends to think), but PSU has a much better academic reputation, and West Virginia, who doesn’t give one **** about academic standards, but can get guys nobody else wants because of it…

seems like he was going down to make a tackle and the WR lowered down as well. I guess i dont get the targeting rule

Pitt takes the lead on a pick six… honestly, if wv loses on that its a shame…. They deserved better. They played tough

Franklin sucks. Another unprepared, underachieving psu team. Gonna be a looooonnnnggggg season. OSU is gonna crush the Lions. Will lose to Mich, Mich St. and Auburn too. Probably some others.

so if you get a personal foul for targeting and determine it was not "bad" targeting you still lose the 15 yrds and dont get kicked out....

Targeting is literally killing this game
And affects future games with suspension. Absolute joke. The PSU ejection was ridiculous silly with the defender attempting to recover a potential fumble.

Franklin sucks. Another unprepared, underachieving psu team. Gonna be a looooonnnnggggg season. OSU is gonna crush the Lions. Will lose to Mich, Mich St. and Auburn too. Probably some others.
Pfftttt. I’m about done with Franklin. If he has a three loss season on an offense with Saquon Barkley, Miles Sanders, Trace McSorley, Chris Godwin, DeAndre Thompkins, DeSean Hamilton and Mike Gesicki then he will never get to the playoffs.

I think Penn State will be ok… people overestimate what its like opening against a non cupcake team… especially on the road….sometimes its a battle

The thing is you open against some crap non power school at home and you can afford some missed tackles and bad throws… you can learn from those mistakes and fix them before things really heat up… do it on the road against an ok power conference team and its a totally different story

Tonight, Pitt didnt eated ****. And it looks like the Lions of the Nittany variety are gonna escape with a win