• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

College Football Week 12

Cant wait until next Saturday nights ND-USC match up...

The Irish are playing much better and have a shot at taking the Trojans out of the playoff contention, and at the same time get a New Yeas Day bowl invite,
I always enjoy taking those Los Angeles boys down!

Go Irish!

Penn State puts up over 50 points in their win and does not move up in the polls. Only losses are to the #2 and #3 teams. Tennessee allows 60 plus points in loss to an unranked team and stays above the Nittany Lions with an identical win-loss record. Yeah, that makes sense.

Alabama beat up on Austin Peay and moved up two spots.

With Tennessee losing, they had to move Bama up since there simply must be 2 SEC teams in the playoff. It’s BS if Bama makes it. They will be a 2 loss non conference champion.

Georgia should throw the game vs LSU. That would eliminate Bama because they couldn’t possibly take them over SEC champ LSU. Unless they put 3 SEC teams in there. I wouldn’t put it past them.

Hooker tore his ACL. Tough to see after the outstanding football he's played the past couple of seasons.

Hooker tore his ACL. Tough to see after the outstanding football he's played the past couple of seasons.
That will impact his draft status I am sure.

What are your thoughts on his range? I was seeing low one high two before the tear.

That will impact his draft status I am sure.

What are your thoughts on his range? I was seeing low one high two before the tear.
I expected somewhere between 25-50. Given you can sit a rookie QB for a year anyway, I don't think his draft stock necessarily has to take a huge hit if a team likes him as a potential QB of the future. He may not be working out during the draft prep, but teams can still interview him and I think he'll impress. His biggest issue, IMO, will be his age.

doubt he'd be a 1st rounder now. Everybody got an extra year of eligibility due to the covid year. His best move might be to stay at Tenn and rehab and get back on the field maybe mid season and prove himself again.

With Tennessee losing, they had to move Bama up since there simply must be 2 SEC teams in the playoff. It’s BS if Bama makes it. They will be a 2 loss non conference champion.

Georgia should throw the game vs LSU. That would eliminate Bama because they couldn’t possibly take them over SEC champ LSU. Unless they put 3 SEC teams in there. I wouldn’t put it past them.
Two SEC teams in the playoffs is the Big 10’s fault. Their divisions are imbalanced and having their two best teams meet in the season finale with no chance of meeting in the championship game is pathetic.

Two SEC teams in the playoffs is the Big 10’s fault. Their divisions are imbalanced and having their two best teams meet in the season finale with no chance of meeting in the championship game is pathetic.

yeah, but it's what Ohio State and Michigan wanted and that's all that matters. Also the stupidity of playing OSU vs Mich on the last weekend and at noon. Must be at noon so the west coast doesn't watch and last week so the loser is in the worst possible position to make the playoffs due to recency bias.

That's probably the real reason the went after USC and UCLA, because they still want to keep all the best teams in the east and are hoping adding USC makes the west viable. They thought the same adding Nebraska.

Tennessee shouldn’t even be in the top 10 getting housed by SC like they did. South Carolina has non-conference wins over Georgia State, Charlotte, and South Carolina State. Aside from that they’re 4-4 in the SEC losing to a couple in-ranked teams. Any other top 5 team loses like that to South Carolina is 15 at best.

checked in to see the SEC hate.
wasnt disappointed.

Tennessee is far from being just a top 15 team. 3rd hardest schedule in the country going into the game with South Carolina. trap game and the Vols fell. Hooker's college career is over. Joe Milton is the starting QB going forward. He was the starter last season before Hooker took the job. UT is still a top 10 team overall. Even if the defense is absolute **** more often than not.

doubt he'd be a 1st rounder now. Everybody got an extra year of eligibility due to the covid year. His best move might be to stay at Tenn and rehab and get back on the field maybe mid season and prove himself again.
Unfortunately the kid could fall hard ..
Maybe to 3rd or 4th
Could be a steal late?
Maybe an option for the Steelers ?
They can grab a qb with first round grade later in draft as insurance policy for Kenny.

Last edited:
Unfortunately the kid could fall hard ..
Maybe to 3rd or 4th
Good be a steal late?
Maybe an option for the Steelers ?
They can grab a qb with first round grade later in draft as insurance policy for Kenny.
Yeah, they tried that route before (at least according to their grading). He's our 3rd string QB.

Yeah, they tried that route before (at least according to their grading). He's our 3rd string QB.
Kind of ....sort of..

There was no urgency and immediate need to draft Rudy with that pick..

There is more of an urgency and possible immediate need this off-season, I believe..

checked in to see the SEC hate.
wasnt disappointed.

Tennessee is far from being just a top 15 team. 3rd hardest schedule in the country going into the game with South Carolina. trap game and the Vols fell. Hooker's college career is over. Joe Milton is the starting QB going forward. He was the starter last season before Hooker took the job. UT is still a top 10 team overall. Even if the defense is absolute **** more often than not.

Their defense is awful and the biggest thing they had going was their QB who is now injured. Joe Milton has been a bad college QB thus far. This is not the same team. If USC got blown out by UCLA and lost their QB for the season, do you think they’d still be top 10? They’d be like 20.

Their defense is awful and the biggest thing they had going was their QB who is now injured. Joe Milton has been a bad college QB thus far. This is not the same team. If USC got blown out by UCLA and lost their QB for the season, do you think they’d still be top 10? They’d be like 20.
dude barely played at Meatchicken. he had 141 attempts and completed 80 of those for 1,077 yards and 4 TDs in 2020 - then transferred to Tennessee. In 8 games for the Vols in 2021, he was 32-62 for 375 yards and 2 TDs. Of course Hooker showed a better understanding of the offense and took over. You know the story from there.

Yes, the defense is ****. I readily admitted that.
USC coughed up 45 to UCLA, so what is your point? USC is ranked 5th ... what's their schedule look like? They're 1-1 vs teams in the top 20. Tennessee is 5-2 vs teams in the top 20. I'm no common core mathematician, but that tells me that the Vols have had a harder schedule and are likely the better team, even if ranked 9th.

Going forward with Milton instead of Hooker will show if Heupel can replace a cog in his offense. The very cog that made it go. Yet, make no mistake, the Vols have WRs that as good as any team in the country, and have a good OL with capable RBs.

Defense is absolute **** at the moment. No denying that at all.

But you're going to see osu/Meatchicken winner get bounced from the playoff. TCU has a game with Iowa State and a championship game left. Their QB sucks, but you're not complaining about them and they have as many wins against top 20 teams as the Vols do. USC could squeak into the playoffs depending on how badly osu/Meatchicken beats up the other one. Georgia will trounce LSU, which will move Clemson and Alabama up. Just the way rankings are done. I fully expect osu/Meatchicken loser to be ranked higher than the Vols when the bowl invites go out, though.

Penn State puts up over 50 points in their win and does not move up in the polls. Only losses are to the #2 and #3 teams. Tennessee allows 60 plus points in loss to an unranked team and stays above the Nittany Lions with an identical win-loss record. Yeah, that makes sense.
You're mistaken. Penn State moved up and ahead of Tennessee in the Coaches Poll. And 21 of those 50+ points were either special teams or defensive scores. Against Rutgers, who is 1-7 in Big Ten games and hasn't beaten PSU since 1988.

So don't get excited.

dude barely played at Meatchicken. he had 141 attempts and completed 80 of those for 1,077 yards and 4 TDs in 2020 - then transferred to Tennessee. In 8 games for the Vols in 2021, he was 32-62 for 375 yards and 2 TDs. Of course Hooker showed a better understanding of the offense and took over. You know the story from there.

Yes, the defense is ****. I readily admitted that.
USC coughed up 45 to UCLA, so what is your point? USC is ranked 5th ... what's their schedule look like? They're 1-1 vs teams in the top 20. Tennessee is 5-2 vs teams in the top 20. I'm no common core mathematician, but that tells me that the Vols have had a harder schedule and are likely the better team, even if ranked 9th.

Going forward with Milton instead of Hooker will show if Heupel can replace a cog in his offense. The very cog that made it go. Yet, make no mistake, the Vols have WRs that as good as any team in the country, and have a good OL with capable RBs.

Defense is absolute **** at the moment. No denying that at all.

But you're going to see osu/Meatchicken winner get bounced from the playoff. TCU has a game with Iowa State and a championship game left. Their QB sucks, but you're not complaining about them and they have as many wins against top 20 teams as the Vols do. USC could squeak into the playoffs depending on how badly osu/Meatchicken beats up the other one. Georgia will trounce LSU, which will move Clemson and Alabama up. Just the way rankings are done. I fully expect osu/Meatchicken loser to be ranked higher than the Vols when the bowl invites go out, though.

Why is it that people expect 2 loss Bama or LSU to make it but the OSU/Mich loser is likely out. 2 loss USC is out. If TCU loses just 1 game, they're out. But the 2 loss SEC teams are sitting pretty. I suppose LSU would have earned it if they beat Georgia, but that is assuming Georgia actually plays hard. I'm not sure they will.

Bama has no claim at all to the playoff this year. Who is the great Bama win this year? They beat Texas on a last second play after Quinn Ewers got hurt. They squeaked a win out vs Texas A&M. The big win is Ole Miss and they aren't looking so hot either after getting blown out by mediocre Arkansas.

TCU has a better resume that Bama. That's a fact. But somehow if TCU loses just once, they are kicked to the curb. And if TCU gets blown out by Iowa State and their QB get's injured then yes, i will then have a problem with TCU being talked about for a playoff. Let's say TCU does lose to Iowa State by 20, you think they are top 10 in the next poll? No way.

You're mistaken. Penn State moved up and ahead of Tennessee in the Coaches Poll. And 21 of those 50+ points were either special teams or defensive scores. Against Rutgers, who is 1-7 in Big Ten games and hasn't beaten PSU since 1988.

So don't get excited.
Oh, those points don't count. Only in the SEC do you get credit for beating a powerhouse like Austin Peay and move up in November. Noted.

Why is it that people expect 2 loss Bama or LSU to make it but the OSU/Mich loser is likely out. 2 loss USC is out. If TCU loses just 1 game, they're out. But the 2 loss SEC teams are sitting pretty. I suppose LSU would have earned it if they beat Georgia, but that is assuming Georgia actually plays hard. I'm not sure they will.

Bama has no claim at all to the playoff this year. Who is the great Bama win this year? They beat Texas on a last second play after Quinn Ewers got hurt. They squeaked a win out vs Texas A&M. The big win is Ole Miss and they aren't looking so hot either after getting blown out by mediocre Arkansas.

TCU has a better resume that Bama. That's a fact. But somehow if TCU loses just once, they are kicked to the curb. And if TCU gets blown out by Iowa State and their QB get's injured then yes, i will then have a problem with TCU being talked about for a playoff. Let's say TCU does lose to Iowa State by 20, you think they are top 10 in the next poll? No way.
its polling. happens every single year. it doesnt matter as much that you lose as to when you lose.
If, nay, when Georgia beats LSU, LSU is out. They'll have three losses and one is late in the season, albeit in the SEC Championship game.

From what I see, the four playoff teams are likely to be Georgia, osu, TCU and USC

Oh, those points don't count. Only in the SEC do you get credit for beating a powerhouse like Austin Peay and move up in November. Noted.
No, be proud of that huge win over Rutgers, the 123rd ranked offense out of 130 FBS teams. Another monumental win to go along with all the other unranked teams Penn State beat this year. Too bad they got routed against the only two quality opponents they played. Did you make note of those, too?