• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

College Football Week 12

The SEC is top heavy. Georgia and Alabama are perennial contenders. Then there’s always a surprise team like Tennessee pops up every year. After that, the rest of the conference is pretty average. A couple good teams and no great ones. BIG10 is the same way with OSU and Michigan. Penn State is usually good but not great. Same with 5 or 6 other teams. Occasionally an Illinois or Northwestern has a good season.

I think the reason the SEC gets so much notoriety is that those top two are ALWAYS there at the end and you get a surprise each year so people automatically think the entire conference is so much better than all the others. Fact is Georgia and Alabama are better than everyone most years. But the SEC as a whole isn’t.

I think the SEC hype goes beyond who is there at the end. No conference promotes itself like the SEC. They have the biggest stadiums in college football, often the best game of the day on a stand-alone network with CBS, always have one or two guys in contention for the Heisman, and has the most players in the NFL. But back to your original point, the biggest reason is they get it done in the playoffs. If they don't win it, they are at least in the title game.

No, be proud of that huge win over Rutgers, the 123rd ranked offense out of 130 FBS teams. Another monumental win to go along with all the other unranked teams Penn State beat this year. Too bad they got routed against the only two quality opponents they played. Did you make note of those, too?
Noted you didn't watch those games. Now google what happened to frame your retarded comment in a better light...since you didn't watch them.

I think the SEC hype goes beyond who is there at the end. No conference promotes itself like the SEC. They have the biggest stadiums in college football, often the best game of the day on a stand-alone network with CBS, always have one or two guys in contention for the Heisman, and has the most players in the NFL. But back to your original point, the biggest reason is they get it done in the playoffs. If they don't win it, they are at least in the title game.
I’m a UGA alum. Will always be biased lol. The SEC will actually be losing their contract with cbs. Big 10 I believe will be cbs.

The money is in the marketing sans espn, cbs etc aka tv contracts. Football not only attracts recruits, but prospective students. You want your school to attract the best of the best nationwide. So therefore SEC! SEC! :)

Noted you didn't watch those games. Now google what happened to frame your retarded comment in a better light...since you didn't watch them.
I watched both of them, clown. And I watched Penn State get dominated like they always do against good opponents, which is why James Franklin is 2-20 in his last 22 games against top 10 teams.

The only retarded comment made here was that Penn State was somehow deserving to leap up in the rankings because they scored 55 points against Rutgers. And that was you, Turd. At least you got your name right.

I’m a UGA alum. Will always be biased lol. The SEC will actually be losing their contract with cbs. Big 10 I believe will be cbs.

The money is in the marketing sans espn, cbs etc aka tv contracts. Football not only attracts recruits, but prospective students. You want your school to attract the best of the best nationwide. So therefore SEC! SEC! :)
Yeah I'm pretty disappointed CBS is losing the SEC and replacing it with the B1G. The Big 10 just doesn't have the depth of the SEC.

I don't watch nearly as much College football as many here do.

I do know when I'm watching a big school blow out a non-school it isn't any fun to watch yet so many think it's huge deal.

I do know when two schools are closely matched it is a great game to watch.

Salute the nation

Yeah I'm pretty disappointed CBS is losing the SEC and replacing it with the B1G. The Big 10 just doesn't have the depth of the SEC.
Hopefully with the addition of USC and UCLA the football gets interesting. Big markets and such. I get it

I don't watch nearly as much College football as many here do.

I do know when I'm watching a big school blow out a non-school it isn't any fun to watch yet so many think it's huge deal.

I do know when two schools are closely matched it is a great game to watch.

Salute the nation
Big school vs no name is no fun regardless. I don’t enjoy it. I enjoy the rivalries vs Florida, Auburn and GA tech.

I’m sure @bermudasteel knows. The rest of the SEC cannot stand Saban/Bama. But college football is a fun league to watch. I’ll always tune in to the Dawgs cause that’s my school. I’ll try to catch some UNM lobos games cause that’s my parents school, but they are horrible. Lol

Hopefully with the addition of USC and UCLA the football gets interesting. Big markets and such. I get it
Maybe with USC, but I don't think UCLA is that interesting of a team. I'm also not sure if USC-Nebraska or USC-Wisconsin will be better than the games they play against Oregon and Washington.

Maybe with USC, but I don't think UCLA is that interesting of a team. I'm also not sure if USC-Nebraska or USC-Wisconsin will be better than the games they play against Oregon and Washington.
USC is a big market. Kinda odd geographically; but from a money perspective, something had to give. College foozball is gonna be different for sure

USC is a big market. Kinda odd geographically; but from a money perspective, something had to give. College foozball is gonna be different for sure
Market size doesn’t equate to interesting games though. It also feels like this move was made to help get a 12, 3:30, 7:30/8:00, and 10:30 kickoff slot for the B1G on the networks. It just makes no sense they only brought in two west coast teams, particularly with all the travel.

Market size doesn’t equate to interesting games though. It also feels like this move was made to help get a 12, 3:30, 7:30/8:00, and 10:30 kickoff slot for the B1G on the networks. It just makes no sense they only brought in two west coast teams, particularly with all the travel.
I honestly don’t know how it will shape out.
College football is gonna be a mess I think