• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

College Football Week 15 Championship Week

Is that actually a product of better football or a product of bias in rankings?

They still have to win the games. So if OSU wins the championship this year is it because of Big 10 bias or because they won the games?

True but I think conference bias keeps out those who just might win. I think the only solution is an 8 team playoff with automatic conference berths and 3 at large.

I want to expand to 8 as well. But there are going to be years like this year where you have 3 good teams. Let's be honest. It's Clemson, LSU and OSU this year. OU, Utah, Oregon ETC. aren't going to beat any of those 3 teams. Yes, I'm all for expanding and giving them a chance. But in reality i know this year one of those 3 is going to win it. And to be honest they deserve it.

Oklahoma ain’t gonna beat Baylor if they don’t get their **** together.

Baylor with some poor play calling in OT.

it really is funny to hear SEC people claim the SEC doesn't get favorable treatment in the polls. It's like people who think CNN is balanced coverage. Or Patriot fans claiming they didn't cheat.

Utah losing changes things a lot. It now brings into play that either Clemson or Ohio State could possibly get in with a loss, but not both of them. One of then with just 1 loss would likely be left out if Georgia wins. They would shove Georgia and LSU in there along with likely the Big 12 winner and whoever looked better between Ohio State and Clemson in their hypothetical loss.

STFU. Period.

with all the talent micgiugan had at WR shea Patterson is just going to be at best a ryan tannhill, I hope next years starter can come in and try to put up like 30 easily every game and rely on the D and for godss Sake recruit some 320 DT so the D can be tougher vs the run. jim better develop a high power QB

I give high marks to the LSU majorettes in their sheer white high and tight crotch body suits, puds lookin good!

Players will play hard for that

no other conference gets multiple bites at the apple like the SEC does. Ohio State had some damn good team left out.

It all starts with the preseason rankings that have all these SEC teams ranked high. Then they beat each other and barely move in the polls.

College football simply doesn't have enough games or enough games vs common opponents to really compare these teams from different conferences. It is absurd that there should be 2 teams from the same conference in a 4 team playoff. It's too big of an assumption. How many times do we see upsets in the NFL playoffs?

I feel that each conference is itself a playoff. If you can't win your conference, then you had your shot and lost on the field.

Shame Baylor's QB got hurt. The backups were OK but there were lost opportunities. Future looks bright at QB for Baylor.

No bias...none at all. Take a look at the AP poll this week. Highest ranked undefeated team.....SEC, top ranked one loss team....SEC, top ranked two loss team...SEC, top ranked 3 loss team....SEC. The only reason they don't have a 4 loss team in the top 25 is because they don't have a team in either SEC division with just 4 losses.
C'mon.

WEEK 15 Released December 1
1 LSU (12-0) SEC
2 Ohio State (12-0) Big Ten
3 Clemson (12-0) ACC
4 Georgia (11-1) SEC
5 Utah (11-1) Pac-12
6 Oklahoma (11-1) Big 12
7 Florida (10-2) SEC
8 Baylor (11-1) Big 12
9 Alabama (10-2) SEC
10 Wisconsin (10-2) Big Ten
11 Auburn (9-3) SEC
12 Penn State (10-2) Big Ten
13 Oregon (10-2) Pac-12
14 Notre Dame (10-2) IA Independents
15 Minnesota (10-2) Big Ten
16 Memphis (11-1) American Athletic
17 Michigan (9-3) Big Ten
18 Iowa (9-3) Big Ten
19 Boise State (11-1) Mountain West
20 Appalachian State (11-1) Sun Belt
21 Cincinnati (10-2) American Athletic
22 Virginia (9-3) ACC
23 Navy (9-2) American Athletic
24 USC (8-4) Pac-12
25 Air Force (10-2) Mountain West

Last edited:
I'm CERTAIN I saw LSU false start on that deep pass where the WR double caught the ball...SMH

Don't really care who wins this one though.

No bias...none at all. Take a look at the AP poll this week. Highest ranked undefeated team.....SEC, top ranked one loss team....SEC, top ranked two loss team...SEC, top ranked 3 loss team....SEC.
C'mon.

WEEK 15 Released December 1
1 LSU (12-0) SEC
2 Ohio State (12-0) Big Ten
3 Clemson (12-0) ACC
4 Georgia (11-1) SEC
5 Utah (11-1) Pac-12
6 Oklahoma (11-1) Big 12
7 Florida (10-2) SEC
8 Baylor (11-1) Big 12
9 Alabama (10-2) SEC
10 Wisconsin (10-2) Big Ten
11 Auburn (9-3) SEC
12 Penn State (10-2) Big Ten
13 Oregon (10-2) Pac-12
14 Notre Dame (10-2) IA Independents
15 Minnesota (10-2) Big Ten
16 Memphis (11-1) American Athletic
17 Michigan (9-3) Big Ten
18 Iowa (9-3) Big Ten
19 Boise State (11-1) Mountain West
20 Appalachian State (11-1) Sun Belt
21 Cincinnati (10-2) American Athletic
22 Virginia (9-3) ACC
23 Navy (9-2) American Athletic
24 USC (8-4) Pac-12
25 Air Force (10-2) Mountain West

Yawn...

Please ask Penn St. to play LSU, GA, Auburn, Texas A&M or...

Bama

next year - I'd welcome the challenge....

Jus like I predicted, LSU 14-0

Georgia is smartly taking some deep shots early. They know they can't win this one scoring 20 points. LSU defense has given up up points this year.

Now LSU up 14, I'm not sure Georgia can keep pace. This could get ugly if Georgia has to throw a ton. I hope they keep scoring though. I took the Over

Yawn...

Please ask Penn St. to play LSU, GA, Auburn, Texas A&M or...

Bama

next year - I'd welcome the challenge....

And there it is. Only games vs SEC teams count as tough games. Nobody else plays anybody.

BTW Penn State does play Auburn in a few years. 2021-22 maybe?

Meanwhile Boise St looking good, Go Broncos, Go Broncos