• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

College Football Week 15 Championship Week

Damn!!! Coan just got crushed.

he wanted to be a runner and not go out of bounds, he better learn how to square up and take a hit

seriously though, a tip of the cap to the Wisconsin Badgers, they definitely brought it in that first half, they most definitely made the Buckeyes earn it. If they get selected for the Rose Bowl, I hope they beat the brakes off of Oregon
giphy.gif

I would go:

1. LSU
2. Ohio State
3. Clemson
4. Oklahoma

LSU's game against the No. 4 team wasn't even competitive and Ohio State needed to stage a comeback. I'm not particularly concerned that the two teams already played. Clemson is probably one of the top 2 teams in the country, but there is no way they get moved up ahead of LSU and Ohio State.

LMAO look at all the hopefuls in this thread, getting boners because it looked like OSU was about to lose. Nope! Not sorry bwahahahahaha!

LOL

and all go running home sniffling to mama with their skinned knees when the big bully returns to knock them down and steal their lunch momey!

Mostly Penn State fans i bet, lololololol

Wisconsin has 3 losses and should fall behind at least Penn State in the rankings. The Rose Bowl should select Penn State or even a 2 loss Minnesota ahead of Wisconsin but they did play a good 1st half and then OSU made the adjustments and spanked them in the 2nd half. That is what good teams do. The Rose Bowl will probably be Penn State vs. Oregon. That will be the biggest draw and make them the most money and that's what the bowl games are all about.

seriously though, a tip of the cap to the Wisconsin Badgers, they definitely brought it in that first half, they most definitely made the Buckeyes earn it. If they get selected for the Rose Bowl, I hope they beat the brakes off of Oregon
giphy.gif

Yup didn’t expect them to win but they played their hearts out first half but ran out of gas against a superior team.

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

Why would a guy who played QB at Colorado be an Ohio State homer?

Klatt is hit or miss for me. But I appreciate that he is stating his own opinions and not group think or hot takes.

How do you know this? Group think has OSU #1. Just look at this board full of big 10 homers. I don't know why he's an OSU homer but I've actually listened to him. My guess is you haven't because of your shock.

I will be surprised if they don't have LSU #1. But Ohio State should be #1. They were just more dominant all season on both sides of the ball. They gave up a few points to Penn State, Michigan, and Wisconsin but then their defense adjusted and dropped the hammer when they needed it.

I suspect Clemson is the best team. If I was going purely on who I thought was best, i would rank it Clemson, Ohio State, LSU. But you can't just disregard quality wins and Clemson really doesn't have any. That's not their fault, it just turned out that way because FSU and Miami have gone down the toilet.

I also feel Ohio State's win vs Wisconsin was more impressive than LSU's win over Georgia. Georgia's offense has struggled at times and in this game they were short handed at WR due to a targeting suspension and injuries. They didn't have a chance.

Wisconsin was healthy and had already played Ohio State. That's a big deal. We saw that in the first half because Wisconsin had some wrinkles in there that surprised OSU. It was very impressive that OSU did not panic, made the adjustments and ended up winning by double digits.

Of course you think OSU should be #1. You're bias and look at everything through a big 10 lens. You hate everything SEC. So no one is shocked that you think OSU should be #1. If the roles were reversed and LSU struggled against Georgia and OSU blew out Wisconsin you'd make the exact opposite argument.

I tuned into the playoff selection show thinking it would be a half hour or hour long show. 4 hours!?!?! Who the hell has time for that?

IMO, and I have NO DOG in this fight:

1.) LSU
2.) Clemson
3.) OSU
4.) Oklahoma

I tuned into the playoff selection show thinking it would be a half hour or hour long show. 4 hours!?!?! Who the hell has time for that?

3:45 devoted to SEC bias, 15 minutes to reveal the teams?

LOL

and all go running home sniffling to mama with their skinned knees when the big bully returns to knock them down and steal their lunch momey!

Mostly Penn State fans i bet, lololololol

Why would Penn State fans be mad about Ohio State winning? It helped Penn State's bowl prospects.

How do you know this? Group think has OSU #1. Just look at this board full of big 10 homers. I don't know why he's an OSU homer but I've actually listened to him. My guess is you haven't because of your shock.

Of course you think OSU should be #1. You're bias and look at everything through a big 10 lens. You hate everything SEC. So no one is shocked that you think OSU should be #1. If the roles were reversed and LSU struggled against Georgia and OSU blew out Wisconsin you'd make the exact opposite argument.

Your response literally made me laugh out loud. SEC people accusing anybody of bias. You guys throw out the "they didn't play anybody" charge to any non-SEC team. Bermuda wouldn't even accept a few weeks ago that Ohio State had a tougher schedule than Bama. He probably still doesn't.

LSU or OSU is winning it.
Joe Burrow is legit. Would be nice if he were to play for the Steelers.

I wasn’t expecting a w at all. Jake Fromm has never looked comfortable these past two seasons against ranked opponents.
I like Swift, but he wasn’t a threat like Chubb or Michel. The Oline for as big as they were didn’t give the push. Georgia’s offense needs creativity. Oh well. Sugar Bowl bound I guess.

Your response literally made me laugh out loud. SEC people accusing anybody of bias. You guys throw out the "they didn't play anybody" charge to any non-SEC team. Bermuda wouldn't even accept a few weeks ago that Ohio State had a tougher schedule than Bama. He probably still doesn't.

But you are bias. Notice you didn't say you weren't. So you can LOL all you want you and I both know the truth. At least Bermuda can admit he's bias.

Also Bama isn't playing in the playoffs but somehow they still make it into your conversation. I never said anything about "not playing anybody". Again another strawman. Nobody is talking about that. Fact is you think OSU should be #1 because... reasons. LSU beat 4 teams that will be ranked in the top 13. That's the reason the committee gave along with others.

But the fact is it doesn't matter. If OSU is the greatest team ever they should easily beat Clemson and LSU/OU without any issues. Nothing really to debate.

I'm not biased. The problem is that most analysis is heavily slanted toward the SEC's favor, so anytime you encounter an opinion that does not wash their balls, you label it biased. Top wit, your accusation that Klatt is an Ohio State homer.

Georgia still ranked 5 after getting curb stomped? Seriously, what blackmail materials does Georgia have on pollsters? It seems they are immune to losses.

I'm really surprised the Rose picked Wisconsin. I just don't see what they did this year that was so stellar. They beat Michigan handily, but they had Michigan early when they were struggling. The only thing I can think is maybe they passed on Penn State because their QB got injured. I believe he'll be fine for the Bowl but that's the only thing I can think.

Penn State gets the Cotton vs Memphis and that ******* sucks. I would rather get the supposed lower bowls of the Citrus or Outback and play against Bama or Auburn. There is no win vs Memphis. Beat them and nobody gives a ****. Lose and it's considered a bad loss. Not to mention, this is probably the biggest game in Memphis history, or at least in a very long time. Yes, their coach left to take the Florida State job but that could still make the team play even harder.

It just feels like getting matched with Kentucky last year. Kentucky was touting it as the biggest game in program history and PSU fans were indifferent. It showed on the field too. I'm worried about a similar flat performance vs a fired up opponent.

Outback Bowl - Minnesota vs Auburn - I think Minnesota has a shot here because they do a lot of similar things to Auburn and Minn has some big WRs that will get drafted. Bo Nix has been pretty up and down and the Minn secondary has some ball hawks. I think Minn would get crushed by Bama but style wise they have a shot vs Auburn

Citrus Bowl - Michigan vs Alabama - who the hell knows with Michigan. They have a ton of talent and with Bama's defensive struggles this year, Michigan should be able to win this, but Michigan never met a big game they couldn't choke away. This could be a big letdown game for Bama. I think Bama should have gotten the Sugar over Georgia. Again, who the **** is Georgia this year that they get all this love?

This is a HUGE game for Michigan's program. It's near meaningless for Bama. Sure they want to win but if they lose, it will mean nothing. Michigan and Harbaugh are battling the well earned perception that they can't win big games. If Michigan lays an egg here, it could really impact recruiting and will ramp up the pressure for next season.

For all those reasons and Bama playing a backup QB, MIchigan really should win this game. But I don't believe in Shea Patterson at all. I can see Michigan using their stupid blitz like crazy defensive scheme and the Bama WRs beating them deep all day.

I'm not biased. The problem is that most analysis is heavily slanted toward the SEC's favor, so anytime you encounter an opinion that does not wash their balls, you label it biased. Top wit, your accusation that Klatt is an Ohio State homer.

I've actually heard him.. you obviously haven't. So your opinion doesn't mean much since you don't know what you are talking about.

You are bias. You ***** and moan about anything you perceive as a slight against the Big 10 or a positive for the SEC.

Uhhh...

The SEC and Big 10 get huge amounts of love from ESPN compared to the other 3 conferences. Fox is stepping up their hype for the Big 10 because fans from that conference feel slighted by ESPN.

Fans from the SEC at least hype their teams up. You'd think a 6-6 team from that conference could win any of the other Power 5 if they switched. Big 10 fans are the whiniest of the bunch crying about the lack of respect they get.

Georgia still ranked 5 after getting curb stomped? Seriously, what blackmail materials does Georgia have on pollsters? It seems they are immune to losses.

Perfect example. You see SEC bias around every corner. But have no issues with the Big 10 being put above other teams with the same record. Why is Wisconsin #8? They've lost 3 games and just lost a game. Why are they ahead of a 2 loss Utah team? How do they have a 1 loss conference champion team (Memphis) behind a 3 loss Michigan and a 3 loss Iowa team? Big 10 bias?

How do they have a 1 loss conference champion team (Memphis) behind a 3 loss Michigan and a 3 loss Iowa team? Big 10 bias?

I assumed that was because Memphis has a schedule that looked about as tough as Clemson's.

Taking injuries into consideration is absurd. Imagine if a couple years ago, Jalen Hurts got injured and they held it against Alabama because they had to turn to Tua.