• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

College Football Week 8

That 14 point swing the refs gave Ohio was too much for that nonexistent offense of Penn State to overcome. The last td was 50% prevent defense. Of course if that was a 10-3 penn state lead after that defensive touchdown it’s a different game. Wish refs would hold those flags. Could call that every single play.

Ryan Day wouldn't win 5 games at Vanderbilt. Franklin built them into a bowl team. That's a near impossible task. Ryan Day is a pretty good playcaller who inherited a loaded team. Is he a great coach? Not sure.
Ryan Day is a pretty good coach who absolutely owns Franklin.

That 14 point swing the refs gave Ohio was too much for that nonexistent offense of Penn State to overcome. The last td was 50% prevent defense. Of course if that was a 10-3 penn state lead after that defensive touchdown it’s a different game. Wish refs would hold those flags. Could call that every single play.

At this point, Calvinball has more consistent rules than football.

Same ol' same ol'.

Alumni and boosters and whoever should ask for Franklin's resig. effective immediately. Let Manny be interim rest of the year. Buy out Franklin if you need to.

Question… was it a foul? If so, would you want them to hold the flag if it was an NFL game with the Steelers on offense? Or, did you just want them to hold the flag for this team in this instance?

I am not blaming the refs. With a defense like that you should be able to win these games. What we seen today is what has been going on all year. Against inferior opponents.

They have 2 dynamic running backs, cant run the ball half the time, behind what is supposed to be a great oline, that evidently isn't, and a QB that misses throws, open receivers and gets hurried due to pressure.

All because there isn't anyone aside of the TE's that can get open to throw the ball downfield.

Michigan will destroy PSU just like they will OSU.

OSU is down this year. This was Franklins best shot to beat OSU and he failed.

Lol right. Unless, of course, it was a Buckeye holding onto a PSU receiver during a defensive TD. Then you'd be jumping out of your underoos screaming for a flag

Question… was it a foul? If so, would you want them to hold the flag if it was an NFL game with the Steelers on offense? Or, did you just want them to hold the flag for this team in this instance?
It was absolutely a hold. A Penn State homer would even have a hard time saying there wasn't a penalty on that play.

It wasn’t. Unless you want to throw a flag every offensive pass.

Lol right. Unless, of course, it was a Buckeye holding onto a PSU receiver during a defensive TD. Then you'd be jumping out of your underoos screaming for a flag
I don’t like the call either way. Refs in general are too flag happy. And very inconsistent as well.

It was absolutely a hold. A Penn State homer would even have a hard time saying there wasn't a penalty on that play.
It wasn’t. Unless you just want flags every offensive pass.

I don’t like the call either way. Refs in general are too flag happy. And very inconsistent as well.
Too flag happy?? There was what, 8 or 9 total flags between BOTH teams today. Put your homer glasses away, squeaky. It was a legit penalty that shouldve been called, regardless of which team committed it

Too flag happy?? There was what, 8 or 9 total flags between BOTH teams today. Put your homer glasses away, squeaky. It was a legit penalty that shouldve been called, regardless of which team committed it

Then they missed about 20 of those legit penalties…

You couldnt be more of a crybaby clown
You seem to be the only one crying. Wah wah wah the refs are great. I at least am consistent. When a bad call helps the Steelers/PSU I at least acknowledge the fact. Don’t try to justify it.

You seem to be the only one crying. Wah wah wah the refs are great. I at least am consistent. When a bad call helps the Steelers/PSU I at least acknowledge the fact. Don’t try to justify it.
No need to justify it. It was a foul. It was called. You don’t like it. End of story.