• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Conference Championship Thread

McCaffrey is going to take this game over and impose his will ...............

We need first half Detroit back for the 4th qtr.

All those miscues.
-Dropped pass on fourth and short
-Dropped pass on third and 10
-Potential INT off the facemask for a 50-yard gain instead
-Fumble in own territory
-Missed sack
-Botched downing a punt at the 1

Probably others I've missed. Complete meltdown.

Alualu is still playing?

Purdy is playing like Lamar should have played. Make your reads quickly and if nobody's open, run if there's open space. Lamar took too long going through reads then retreated 20 yards and threw it away or got caught.

You aren't wrong. Overall, I do believe the Lions have better talent, but the Steelers is good enough to get it done.

Goff - Steelers QB
Goff, IMO, is much better. Proven winner with two teams, very productive, strong arm. Steelers really lack in this area.

Montgomery - Harris
This is your power back, goal line production.

Gibbs - Warren
Gibbs is more talented and faster, but Warren can do similar types of plays.

St. Brown - Johnson
St. Brown is elite, Johnson is a mid-low No. 1. Johnson can get open, I don't see the clutch factor that St. Brown has.

Williams - Pickens
Both can stretch the field

LaPorta - Freiermuth
LaPorta is better and Freiermuth is better than he showed this year. Capable of producing 70+ receptions a year if they used him better.

I'd give Detroit the edge too but not by much. St Brown is better than DJ but Pickens is a lot better than Williams. That makes it close to a wash.

Goff is better than Kenny or Mason, but this Detroit system has some easy reads. I think Kenny or mason could execute this scheme.

The steelers are 1 more OT and a good OC away from having a good offense.

Lions needed Bill Cowher on speed dial.

" Hey Coach. How was it you protect a 11+ point lead again?"

I hope this game makes coaches rethink blindly trusting analytics for decisions.