• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Conference Championship Thread

Detroit calling that run play near the goal and having to spend a TO was a killer too. Probably would have been better off just running out the FG unit and preserve the 3 TO so you could kick away and hope for a defensive stop.

They were in control right up to the point they went for it the first time.

Why give a good team playing at home a chance to seize momentum?
To try to seal the game and go up 21 on the drive. I get it. The receiver was open, the ball hit him in the hands and he dropped it. It's okay to expect the players to make the plays as well. I don't automatically want to give the Lions 3 points on that play either--though, I personally would've taken the field goal.

What can ya say? Congrats San Fran…….Congrats Detroit…..they’ve got a hell of a future with lots of young guys.

I've never seen a coach cost his team a playoff win....I've got to say Dan Campbell you Sir are an IDIOT! Take your Analytics are Shove it Up Your A$$!!!
Man, I don't know. The players really failed to execute plays that were there for the taking in the third quarter. The coaches put them in position to succeed and they didn't.

Now Detroit will lose their OC. Philly's offense fell apart without their OC. Detroit needs to replace him and will likely have to start paying players and losing free agents.

Devastating loss. They had it right there for them. GB looks to be building a strong team in the division. Maybe their window closes quickly.

I don't care about the Niners and can't stand another minute of Mahomie Kelce and Taylor so I will probably set the Superbowl out. We finally get rid of Tom and have to put up with this **** every year now.

I guess I hope the Niners beat the Kansas City Swifts but don't really care.

Oh well.

Man, I don't know. The players really failed to execute plays that were there for the taking in the third quarter. The coaches put them in position to succeed and they didn't.
So if Dan Campbell was your Head Coach and that was the Steelers instead of the Lions you would have no issue with this outcome.....knowing that he left points out there in a 45 & 47 yd FG attempts?

Campbell is a good coach and learned a lesson, quit trying to identify with the San Diego coah and all those head coaches who go with analysis/percentages. Analysts doesn't understand the score, time left, momentum.