• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Correct Me If I Am Wrong, but Isn't This Illegal? [John Kerry Style]

Tim Steelersfan

Flog's Daddy
Contributor
Reaction score
I thought I recalled that this was illegal to do. True or false?

Kerry quietly seeking to salvage Iran deal he helped craft

WASHINGTON — John Kerry’s bid to save one of his most significant accomplishments as secretary of state took him to New York on a Sunday afternoon two weeks ago, where, more than a year after he left office, he engaged in some unusual shadow diplomacy with a top-ranking Iranian official.

He sat down at the United Nations with Foreign Minister Javad Zarif to discuss ways of preserving the pact limiting Iran’s nuclear weapons program. It was the second time in about two months that the two had met to strategize over salvaging a deal they spent years negotiating during the Obama administration, according to a person briefed on the meetings.

With the Iran deal facing its gravest threat since it was signed in 2015, Kerry has been on an aggressive yet stealthy mission to preserve it, using his deep lists of contacts gleaned during his time as the top US diplomat to try to apply pressure on the Trump administration from the outside. President Trump, who has consistently criticized the pact and campaigned in 2016 on scuttling it, faces a May 12 deadline to decide whether to continue abiding by its terms.

Kerry needs to be charged with treason, along with Obama and Hillary. Punishable by death to all three. The actions they have taken against our country are horrific and shocking. They have openly supported our terrorist enemies.

I remember a Kerry once. That was along time ago. Is he still alive?

This may be a violation of the Logan Act. I don't think anyone has ever been charged with violating it though. Technically Obama, Carter, Clinton, and Bush cannot continue to negotiate anything with anyone unless authorized by the President or Congress if I am not mistaken. Since they are are former Presidents they are private citizens with expensive body guards.

I remember a Kerry once. That was along time ago. Is he still alive?

No, he passed away.

tumblr_inline_ni2uzhJECo1re5ruy.jpg

R.I.P. Kerry

Yeah but he's a Democrat pushing the Democrat agenda so nothing will happen to him.

But he's not done there. John Kerry has been screwing the USA since Vietnam.

John Kerry reportedly coaches Palestinians not to 'yield' to Trump in peace talks, spurring backlash

Former Secretary of State John Kerry reportedly tried to meddle in Middle East peace talks, allegedly telling a close associate of Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas not to “yield to President Trump’s demands.”

Israeli news outlet Maariv reported on the apparent meeting between Kerry and Hussein Agha in London, where the 2004 Democratic presidential nominee also reportedly floated a possible encore bid in 2020.

But in the conversation, Kerry reportedly told Agha to share a message with Abbas – urging him to “hold on and be strong” during talks with the Trump administration and “play for time ... [and] not yield to President Trump’s demands.”

Kerry, who served as former President Barack Obama’s secretary of state during his second term, also reportedly told Agha that Trump would not be in office for long, suggesting he could be out in a year.

According to the report, Kerry used derogatory terms when referring to Trump, and offered to help the Palestinians create an alternative peace initiative. He reportedly asked Abbas not to attack the U.S. or the Trump administration, but rather focus attacks on the president himself.

One prominent Trump ally, former House Speaker Newt Gingrich, voiced disbelief at the reported comments on Thursday.

“Kerry knows as a former secretary of state, a former U.S. senator, that kind of advice would be stunningly unpatriotic, and I don’t think John Kerry would do something like that,” Gingrich told "Fox & Friends." “I hope he wouldn’t. I would be very, very surprised if a former secretary of state, a former U.S. senator would have said anything that was that overtly anti-American.”

The White House did not immediately respond to Fox News’ request for comment on Kerry’s alleged remarks.

The State Department told Fox News they would decline to comment.

It’s unclear whether Abbas plans to take Kerry’s advice – but the Palestinian leader already has drawn the scorn of the Trump administration. U.N. Ambassador Nikki Haley used a U.N. Security Council meeting Thursday to slam Abbas over recent remarks he gave in which he allegedly rejected any U.S. role in peace talks. “We will not chase after a Palestinian leadership that lacks what’s needed to achieve peace,” she said.

Kerry’s meeting with Palestinian Authority representatives comes just one month after the Trump administration decided, after years of U.S. promises, to recognize Jerusalem as the capital of Israel.

Jesus H. Christ

it's worst then I thought. Tim Steelersfan bringing John Kerry back from the dead. Do you alt-right people not realize, nobody - left or right- gives two ***** about these loser has-beens on the Democratic side? Literally nobody cares about them, besides you guys, of course. Not about Hillary, not Kerry or Obama.

That's in the past, this is the here and the now. It's the Donald J. Trump era, like it or not.

Come on Trumpsters, get cracking sticking up for the man you love and adore. Decipher his tweets for us. Explain how this embarrassing, FUBAR presidency is good for anyone. More than anything, stop making excuses. You look like little girls with gum in your hair when you do that.

Jesus H. Christ

it's worst then I thought. Tim Steelersfan bringing John Kerry back from the dead. Do you alt-right people not realize, nobody - left or right- gives two ***** about these loser has-beens on the Democratic side? Literally nobody cares about them, besides you guys, of course. Not about Hillary, not Kerry or Obama.

Wasn't the ENTIRE ******* MICHAEL FLYNN INVESTIGATION STARTED BECAUSE FLYNN HAD A CONVERSATION WITH A RUSSIAN DISPLOMAT, BEFORE TRUMP TOOK OFFICE?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Oh, I see, that ******* **** applies to Republicans but not to (D)umbasses.

Jesus H. Christ

I can certainly understand how you would want everyone to forget about all of them as soon as possible. If I was a Lib I would feel the same way.

Jesus H. Christ

That's in the past, this is the here and the now. It's the Donald J. Trump era, like it or not.

Come on Trumpsters, get cracking sticking up for the man you love and adore. Decipher his tweets for us. Explain how this embarrassing, FUBAR presidency is good for anyone. More than anything, stop making excuses. You look like little girls with gum in your hair when you do that.

Except that what Kerry is doing is illegal.

Jesus H. Christ

Why does this sound like....

th
th
th
th

Which laws is he breaking, and which agency is responsible for enforcement of same?
1. Logan Act that says non-governmental representatives cannot negotiate foreign policy.
2. I suppose the DOJ but Sessions has never shown any indication of enforcing laws against career bureaucrats and politicians. He's part of the problem and needs to go.

1. Logan Act that says non-governmental representatives cannot negotiate foreign policy.
2. I suppose the DOJ but Sessions has never shown any indication of enforcing laws against career bureaucrats and politicians. He's part of the problem and needs to go.
Thanks.

How do we know that a former SecState isn't just meeting with old friends? Or even getting paid for advising them?
How is this different from Clinton getting paid for speeches in foreign lands?
Slippery slope....

Sent from my SM-N950W using Steeler Nation mobile app

I'm sure they were just talking about their grandkids.

And it is agreed that Michael Flynn did not initiate the conversation and did not say anything impermissible. Seriously, the FBI knows what was said and by whom since they recorded the conversation. The Russian ambassador tried to raise issues about sanctions, and Kelly demurred ...

And was subjected to investigation and eventual criminal prosecution.

Jesus H. Christ

Tibs, this is happening NOW.

And even when you are presented with factual shady dealings by a DEMOCRAT, do you decry it like you should? Which is what you've been asking everyone here to do? Put aside politics and just judge actions?

Nope, you use it as another method to attack the conservatives on this board.

******* hypocrite.

What Kerry is doing is wrong. And could be illegal. And yet you sit here and act like the people here are in the wrong for bringing attention to it. You really need to get your priorities straight.

You really need to get your priorities straight.

And he needs to get his damned head checked.

He is a hypocrite, this has been eloquently and brutally pointed out for weeks now.

But to your point, let me emphasize this: "Tibs, this is happening NOW."

Bingo. Tibs goes on an on because we bring up Obama or Hillary and the past and ask that the same graces that were given to those politicians be given to today's POTUS. There's much credence in bringing up the past and he shrieks like a harpie that TODAY is what matters.

He doesn't even realize that the treason Kerry is committing is happening as we speak.

Tibsie just got himself caught in his own ever-shifting rules of engagement. Whoops.

Nope, you use it as another method to attack the conservatives on this board..

Sadly, there are no conservatives on this board anymore. They've lost their way and sold their souls supporting this President.

Sadly, there are no conservatives on this board anymore. They've lost their way and sold their souls supporting this President.

You wouldn't know a conservative if one bit you on the ear. Everyone who isn't a die hard Liberal is Alt Right to your increasingly distorted world view brought on primarily by a bad case of Trump derangement syndrome.

What Kerry is doing is wrong. And could be illegal. And yet you sit here and act like the people here are in the wrong for bringing attention to it.

It can't be wrong or illegal because it's what the Democrats and especially The First Black President wanted. His legacy must be protected at all costs. Ends justifies the means. /Libs

Anything President Trump wants must be blocked or there is the danger that Bomma will look bad. If the Dems actually had the courage of their convictions they'd rope-a-dope President Trump and let his agenda fail so they could say "See? I told you so." But they can't because they know Trumpism will work. President Trump isn't a Conservative, as a businessman he is a pragmatist by nature. It's just that what is usually the pragmatic thing to do is Conservative.

It's just that what is usually the pragmatic thing to do is Conservative.

And conversely why the ridiculous thing to do is often Liberal.

Letting boys into girls bathrooms...
Considering Muslims good, Christians bad...
Believing abortion is moral...
Founding and supporting the KKK...
Letting illegal immigrants into the country without concern...
Fighting for sanctuary cities...

I'm tired. Or I'd go on a hundred pages.

False. I care about the Constitution more than any hack politician - Bill, Hillary, Barry, Kerry, Hillkerry, Billarry, Hillbarry, these ******* all sound and look alike. If Trump actually plotted with Russians to corrupt the election, he deserves to go to jail. If he had quasi-shady business dealings in 1995, then that ship has sailed.

Can you understand the difference?

Shove your sanctimonious bullshit!