• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Covid, Ukraine and Taiwan

Was wondering the same Sarge..

Sitting ducks for us...

The only thing that could save Putin right now is for the United States to get involved directly, such as by attacking the convoy or having our troops use drones or missiles to bring down Russian planes. Putin wants that to happen. He then says the US is attacking Russian troops 10,000 miles from America in a country where the United States has zero land or troops. It would be no different than Russia sending its own fighters or missiles to attack a US supply convoy in Iraq.

Direct US troop involvement would go a long way towards silencing the dissatisfaction by Russian citizens. Them attacking Ukraine has little support; them defending Russians from Americans has a huge deal of support. That might also give the Chinese an excuse to supply Russia with armament. "We are simply trying to rein in the warmongers."

to be fair, we don't have to attack the convoy. we just need to blow up the roads and surroundings of the roads leading in. As such, we'd be bombing Ukraine, too. Hell, Xiden could say during the SOTU tonite that we're siding with Russia, then proceed to just **** up their invasion plans. Like anyone worldwide would not believe that Peepads would **** all over everything.

The only sense is if, as Mad says, it's a game that we are in on. In that context it makes perfect sense because we know what the Russians are going to do. I mean, yeah, you could say that information is coming from gathered intelligence, but even in the best of times, I've never seen intelligence so specific. Or, he could be trying to gin up fear so that they can push to use our planes as part of an internationally enforced no fly zone. I know there are some lunkheads that think that's what we should be doing.

The biggest question I have is why isn't ANYONE bombing the ever loving **** out of the 40 mile long convoy headed for Kiev? If you recall Desert Storm and the Highway of Death, when the Iraqis had a mile long convoy trying to flee Kuwait, Apaches rained hellfire missiles and the Air Force bombed them into oblivion. Not sure why Ukraine hasn't hit that convoy. Russia's planes aren't anywhere in Ukrainian airspace. It would be a turkey shoot.

This whole thing just stinks.
I was wondering the same. It’s a 40 mile long convoy. Ukraine supposedly has drones. Take advantage and weaken that ****

Is this thermobaric? That's a huge blast.

Kinda looks like it....there's that huge, almost invisible bubble shockwave going outward. And it certainly looks hot. A lot of the comments are saying it might have been an ammo dump too. Either way, a huge blast and certainly not fun to see in person. :(

Not knowing Ukraine's military ability, but do they even have any kind of air support? I would think that if they did then Zelensky would use it.
I'm not sure how many or the quality of, but I know they have SU-25's and MiG 29's. Not sure about attack helicopter capability or anything like that. Maybe they are hanging on to limited resources.

Just saw something where Kharkiv official said it hit an ammunition dump so the reason for the huge blast.

A lot of the comments are saying it might have been an ammo dump too. Either way, a huge blast and certainly not fun to see in person. :(

Just saw this. Yeah, that was insane.

When I first saw the video I would have said no. Thermobaric weapons do not blow like that. They spray fuel that ignites and basically sucks the air out of everything with such high pressure that if you are in the blast radius you are ******, even if it doesn't ignite. The fuel they use is more toxic than a lot of chemical agents in use today. They are incredibly destructive, mainly due to the sustained pressure they provide vs. a conventional bomb.

The reason I would lean toward saying yes, is that thermobaric or fuel-air weapons work in two stages. When the weapon is launched and reaches its target, it detonates, releasing fuel. In the second stage, it releases a charge that ignites the fuel. If you watch the video, right before the big explosion, there's no fire, then you can see a tiny little fire, likely the second stage ignition. Thermobaric weapons don't normally blow like that, so the explanation that it hit an ammo dump makes sense.

When I first saw the video I would have said no. Thermobaric weapons do not blow like that. They spray fuel that ignites and basically sucks the air out of everything with such high pressure that if you are in the blast radius you are ******, even if it doesn't ignite. The fuel they use is more toxic than a lot of chemical agents in use today. They are incredibly destructive, mainly due to the sustained pressure they provide vs. a conventional bomb.

The reason I would lean toward saying yes, is that thermobaric or fuel-air weapons work in two stages. When the weapon is launched and reaches its target, it detonates, releasing fuel. In the second stage, it releases a charge that ignites the fuel. If you watch the video, right before the big explosion, there's no fire, then you can see a tiny little fire, likely the second stage ignition. Thermobaric weapons don't normally blow like that, so the explanation that it hit an ammo dump makes sense.

Ah, thanks for the info. Had no idea what that was but it didn't look like a typical explosion.

Thanks for the explanation. So, if you're in the blast area does it make the human body explode from inside out? Meaning higher pressure in the body than the atmosphere? Or, does the body get crushed? Nasty *** weapon no matter what.

I don’t disagree. Every country has a different philosophy. Especially relevant to their geographical site. Crowded Europe with tons of neighbouring countries. The worry of the safety/fallout aspect of Nuclear could have come in to play. I mean, I am just speculating from my couch. It’s so easy to do.

I remember years ago taking the train from Frankfurt to Dortmund. I could not believe the amount of solar panels on residential housing. The amount of wind turbines in the valleys. The recycling that was going on.
There is virtually no risk of those things from a properly built and managed plant. Three Mile Island is a great example of how good the worst case scenario is when plants are built right and something goes wrong. THere was no significant release of radiation even with a meltdown. Japan had a serious flaw in the fukushima plant and even then it took a historically bad tsunami to cause those issues but had they designed the plant the way they were told too it wouldn't have happened. Nuclear is by far the safest cleanest choice there is and it isn't close.

It is strange that they haven’t attacked that convoy at all. Even if they don’t have air power, you could send people with shoulder weapons to wait in the woods and fire and run away. Just hit a few vehicles or blow up a section of road and grind them to a halt. Just delay them. Like keeping Cornwallis in the south during the revolution.

Just saw something where Kharkiv official said it hit an ammunition dump so the reason for the huge blast.
If it hit an ammunition dump. That explains it.
Did look thermobaric at first

It is strange that they haven’t attacked that convoy at all. Even if they don’t have air power, you could send people with shoulder weapons to wait in the woods and fire and run away. Just hit a few vehicles or blow up a section of road and grind them to a halt. Just delay them. Like keeping Cornwallis in the south during the revolution.
I’m sure they could pepper the explosive part of the convoy. This is either bad strategy or something is up

Thanks for the explanation. So, if you're in the blast area does it make the human body explode from inside out? Meaning higher pressure in the body than the atmosphere? Or, does the body get crushed? Nasty *** weapon no matter what.
I would think it is more of a crushing effect. When the fuel is dispersed it displaces the oxygen. Then when it ignites it sucks the remaining oxygen to burn the fuel. The main way it kills, aside from burning you to death, is by rupturing organs, primarily the lungs. Depending how close or far you are, you could end up with something as simple as a concussion.

****. People say I need to watch the news. I got my news right here on SN network.

Sick and disgusting what the dems in DC did and didn't do.

Embarrassing.

The propaganda coming out from all sides on the Russia/Ukraine issue has been so thick you couldn't cut it with a chainsaw.

Nuclear is by far the safest cleanest choice there is and it isn't close.

Absolutely. But get Keystone XL running ASAP and cut the red tape on everything oil & gas in the meantime. Saw a map of Nord Stream 2 and it's huge, like 760 miles long.

But I guess Keystone and the rest will happen when pigs fly with this pig administration. Anybody miss Trump and his mean tweets yet?