• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Covid, Ukraine and Taiwan

highlight from this article...

Here's what to know about Russia's attack on Ukraine:

• WHEN DID THE INVASION START? At roughly 9:30 p.m. ET (4:30 a.m. in Ukraine), Russian forces began a military operation in eastern Ukraine.
  • HOW DID BIDEN RESPOND: Biden joined Group of Seven leaders in a meeting Thursday morning. He is expected to announce the harshest sanctions possible against Russia at 12:30 p.m. ET.
  • HAS PUTIN SAID ANYTHING? Russian president has not made any comments since his declaration of war was televised in Russia. He met with the president of Pakistan at the Kremlin on Thursday.
  • WHERE IS THE FIGHTING? Ukraine’s military chief says Ukrainian troops are fighting the Russian army in in the north and the south.

------

in case you do not see it at first...

Invasion started at 9:30PM ET
What did Biden do? went to bed.

the ****** went to bed. not his problem.

Hungary might want to stand up and take notice. Putin might want them to rejoin the fold too.
Belarus,Hungary,Poland. This really could be the beginning. Putin just warned any other nation to basically stay the **** out, or serious consequences like no one has ever seen before

What a ******* moron at the helm.

In his final speech Tuesday imploring Vladimir Putin to forego a planned invasion of Ukraine, Biden took military action by the United States off the table while offering a hollow pledge so detached from geopolitical reality that it stunned some in the diplomatic world.

"We have no intention of fighting Russia," Biden declared. "We want to send an unmistakable message, though, that the United States, together with our allies, will defend every inch of NATO territory and abide by the commitments we made to NATO."

To Americans it may have sounded like a statement of resolve. But to the trained eye, the proclamation was undercut by the fact that Ukraine — the object of Putin's aggression — is neither a member of NATO nor in its protection zone.

While Biden's assurance provided comfort to neighbors that are NATO members like the Czech Republic and Poland, it was taken by many in Ukraine as a final concession that Kiev was on its own and that Putin could advance his military plan with the threat of economic sanctions as the lone consequence.

Estimated 5 million refugees about to hit up neighboring countries

What a ******* moron at the helm.

In his final speech Tuesday imploring Vladimir Putin to forego a planned invasion of Ukraine, Biden took military action by the United States off the table while offering a hollow pledge so detached from geopolitical reality that it stunned some in the diplomatic world.

"We have no intention of fighting Russia," Biden declared. "We want to send an unmistakable message, though, that the United States, together with our allies, will defend every inch of NATO territory and abide by the commitments we made to NATO."

To Americans it may have sounded like a statement of resolve. But to the trained eye, the proclamation was undercut by the fact that Ukraine — the object of Putin's aggression — is neither a member of NATO nor in its protection zone.

While Biden's assurance provided comfort to neighbors that are NATO members like the Czech Republic and Poland, it was taken by many in Ukraine as a final concession that Kiev was on its own and that Putin could advance his military plan with the threat of economic sanctions as the lone consequence.

Biden would likely appreciate all evidence of his affairs in Kiev during the Obama administration destroyed anyways...

Banks closed, ATM s out of money. Troops 20kms from Kiev. They will take over the government quickly. Massive traffic congestion everywhere, people trying to flee

Banks closed, ATM s out of money. Troops 20kms from Kiev. They will take over the government quickly. Massive traffic congestion everywhere, people trying to flee

Oh it's over. Ukraine is a part of Mother Russia now.

Maybe this was all a part of Biden's plan. Kind of gets rid of all that pesky Ukraine business he was involved in previously.

and, more importantly, how disappointed will Greta be with Putin's actions?

Oh it's over. Ukraine is a part of Mother Russia now.

Maybe this was all a part of Biden's plan. Kind of gets rid of all that pesky Ukraine business he was involved in previously.
Yes. I think people will be shocked at how quickly the second largest country in Europe will fall. Putin is not ******* around.

Or….Putin releases in the dirt? Pipe dream I know
Putin can release anything he wants now. our MSM will not take it seriously since Putin and OrangeMan met and were civil.

"sO happY To haVe a GreaT LeaDer Like SloPPy JoE in CharGe! PuTin FeaRs SloPPy JoE!!"
- ******* douchebag grifter leftists

"SloPPy JoE kNowS how To HandLE the EkonaMee!!"

"tHe waLLs arE cloSinG In oN tRumP!!"

"thAt NY Da iS a RighT-wiNg eXtrEEmiSt!!"

Domino one falls. Watch for Taiwan to be invaded soon.
China will step up its South China Sea activities at the same time, and the newly enriched Iranians and other nasty Arabs will take shots at Israel.

Perhaps Neville Biden will surprise in his speech today.....hopefully it happens before puddin' time.

If Putin had watched this last week, he'd have ordered all troops home. Instantly.

"Diversity is our strength."

Can someone please explain to me why I should accept this tired bon mot as true? Go ahead. I am willing to accept the point, but need somebody to explain WHY the claim is actually true.

More evidence of the absolute genius of lefties. This comment from ambassador to Russia under the Bammy regime:

You can't fire a gun without kneepads?

iu

Hey, I think I know somebody who could help, since she likely has a glut of kneepads!!

iu

"I'll take stupid-**** statements that did not age well for $1000, Alex."

FMWZnWbXsAAPj28

Diversity is strength because it's not what we did in the past, so by rejecting that hateful legacy, we forge forward in man buns of glorious trans gender gayness.

I hope that helps.

So....... serious question. I know how much disdain you guys have for The current president. But he is president. In his upcoming address, what would you like him or expect him to say?

So....... serious question. I know how much disdain you guys have for The current president. But he is president. In his upcoming address, what would you like him or expect him to say?

I want him to:
  • Apologize for being wrong about everything. EVERY. *******. THING.
  • Promise to begin allowing America to be the greatest energy source in the world.
  • Okay the Keystone Pipeline TO-*******-DAY.
  • Allow oil and gas exploration on Federal lands.
  • Promote our own energy production TO-*******-DAY.
  • Make Putin's energy customers OUR energy customers.
  • Admit his son made millions off the corruption in Ukraine, and promise to send his dirty, sleazy, drug-addled grifter son to jail for being such a scab on America's reputation.
  • Promise to support the Ukrainian militants and insurgents. As we have seen multiple times over the past 40 years, blowing up an enemy's armies mean nothing if the enemy has popular support among the population and is willing to fight, backed by somebody who has the weapons needed to sustain that fight.

I want him to:
  • Apologize for being wrong about everything. EVERY. *******. THING.
  • Promise to begin allowing America to be the greatest energy source in the world.
  • Okay the Keystone Pipeline TO-*******-DAY.
  • Allow oil and gas exploration on Federal lands.
  • Promote our own energy production TO-*******-DAY.
  • Make Putin's energy customers OUR energy customers.
  • Admit his son made millions off the corruption in Ukraine, and promise to send his dirty, sleazy, drug-addled grifter son to jail for being such a scab on America's reputation.
  • Promise to support the Ukrainian militants and insurgents. As we have seen multiple times over the past 40 years, blowing up an enemy's armies mean nothing if the enemy has popular support among the population and is willing to fight, backed by somebody who has the weapons needed to sustain that fight.
I was trying to be realistic here. He is not going to go on an apology tour. The world will be watching his response to this situation in Ukraine. Especially Putin.