• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Covid, Ukraine and Taiwan

You know Steel, I read a lot of the posts in the political section, but rarely comment in here. As a Canadian I don’t feel it’s really my place to criticize American politics on an American site. Especially when I admittedly don’t have the knowledge of many of the issues. But I actually learn quite a bit in here. Not that I agree with everything 🙂

You should hang out more often, even though I'd fully understand if you didn't because politics and politicians = utter garbage.

I was actually embarrassed for the States watching Biden’s news conference. As a great nation, this is the best you’ve got? My god.
That **** eating grin. He did it more than once. Did you see how he was reading the reporters name for the question period. All scripted. I mean I get it. He’s old and definitely losing it. The Dems should be ashamed. This guy was the best they had. Man. And believe me, all of Europe watched every minute of that.

Yep, I'm embarrassed as an American. I think we all are. Thing that bugs me is the other side is always whining, but they never do anything. At least the majority. Don't doubt there are good people both here & up there in gubmint, but absolute power corrupts absolutely, and one of the first things we need fixed are term limits and voting security IMO.

Regarding your friend in Sweden. It’s amazing how much of the world lives in constant fear do to conflict. Part of every day life. We have had it good in North America. My parents grew up in Europe during the war. Some of the things they went through are gut wrenching

Yep we have had it good for sure. And I don't doubt the hardships they went through. Puts things in perspective. Problem is, many here don't have a single ounce of perspective.

She said their military & soldiers are fighting like hell - but they're up against a world power. It's a shame

Yeah, I hear you. But Jimmy is pretty old and remembers 640,000 American troops with 100% air superiority and much better equipment losing to a vastly inferior army in Southeast Asia, and nearly a million Russian troops with 100% air dominance humiliated by goat farmers, and 250,000 American troops with total air dominance and vastly better equipment and training losing to the same goat herders whose training consisted of working out on middle-school monkey bars.

Why does this keep happening? Because unless you are willing to fight a total war, you are destined to lose. The United States has not fought a war to win since WWII.

Why do I say this? Because we have nuclear weapons and will not use them. If the goat herders had nuclear weapons, think they would delay in using them? That's total war.

I was trying to be realistic here. He is not going to go on an apology tour. The world will be watching his response to this situation in Ukraine. Especially Putin.

Fine. He should admit that he was not prepared for this six months ago. Just admit it.

My comments about developing American energy, by the way, are 100% accurate and 100% effective and 100% beneficial to America. The step has no cost to Americans, massive benefits and hurts Russia very deeply.

But stupid old man dementia-riddled imbecile won't do it cuz "climate change."

Yeah, I hear you. But Jimmy is pretty old and remembers 640,000 American troops with 100% air superiority and much better equipment losing to a vastly inferior army in Southeast Asia, and nearly a million Russian troops with 100% air dominance humiliated by goat farmers, and 250,000 American troops with total air dominance and vastly better equipment and training losing to the same goat herders whose training consisted of working out on middle-school monkey bars.

Why does this keep happening? Because unless you are willing to fight a total war, you are destined to lose. The United States has not fought a war to win since WWII.

Why do I say this? Because we have nuclear weapons and will not use them. If the goat herders had nuclear weapons, think they would delay in using them? That's total war.
This country has the ability, or at least had the ability, to dominate in any conflict, these days who knows, maybe Sarge.
I personally witnessed too many of my brothers lives being cut short because of gutless Washington politicians from '69 to '71.
The nightmares never end, not for me at least, and our current military policies as far as I can tell will only exasperate the situation.
When hands are ties, lives are lost.

This country has the ability, or at least had the ability, to dominate in any conflict, these days who knows, maybe Sarge.
I personally witnessed too many of my brothers lives being cut short because of gutless Washington politicians from '69 to '71.
The nightmares never end, not for me at least, and our current military policies as far as I can tell will only exasperate the situation.
When hands are ties, lives are lost.

No doubt and exactly my point. When our troops need lawyers along to help them with "rules of engagement," we are destined to lose.

Ukraine bans males 18-60 from leaving country. Not trying to be flippant here. But in today’s equal world,why only men? I guess it’s because the woman would keep care of the children? What if you don’t have any.
What was the max age drafted in the States ?

Yep. Vietnam was the biggest cluster$%^! war of the 20th century. Those boys had every single odd stacked against them & why many who made it home are struggling to this day. I understand every war is ultimately awful for all of them fighting it (minus some, including an Ogre I know), but they just had everything stacked against them -- the uncertainty of their own government's ultimate goal, introduction of all the crazy drugs & booze, & then the way they were treated by their own countrymen when they got home.

Among other things. I know every place on earth has it's own territorial crap that soldiers have to deal with, but the jungles of Vietnam apparently had indigenous birds that would let out a high-pitched squawk at night, some that sounded reminiscent of a baby screeching. And people thought all the ants & other insects, spiders, lizards & snakes were bad. There were apparently so many section 8's because of all of it tied together that it's hard to fathom. The movie Platoon wasn't that far off about the internal struggles I hear.

Ukraine bans males 18-60 from leaving country. Not trying to be flippant here. But in today’s equal world,why only men? I guess it’s because the woman would keep care of the children? What if you don’t have any.
What was the max age drafted in the States ?

Draft is the only thing I can think of. They need soldiers.

Fine. He should admit that he was not prepared for this six months ago. Just admit it.

My comments about developing American energy, by the way, are 100% accurate and 100% effective and 100% beneficial to America. The step has no cost to Americans, massive benefits and hurts Russia very deeply.

But stupid old man dementia-riddled imbecile won't do it cuz "climate change."
I hear what you’re saying. When I asked the question,I didn’t realize there was a State of the Union address on March 1, which is probably what you answered to. I was asking about the news conference-today on the Ukraine situation. 👍👍

I hear what you’re saying. When I asked the question,I didn’t realize there was a State of the Union address on March 1, which is probably what you answered to. I was asking about the news conference-today on the Ukraine situation. 👍👍
SOTU is going to be a celebration of Biden accomplishments. Can't wait.

SOTU is going to be a celebration of Biden accomplishments. Can't wait.

Yep. Like Cooper, the White House intern.

Putin was (definitely) not afraid of the gay white house intern​

We do absolutely...some nasty stuff. But, Putin doesn't care to launch the nukes. It's all about his pride.
If Putin launches a nuke at one of our cities. Russia is ancient history

The trouble is Russia and China are just as secretive.
China yes. Russia. I feel they are more bark than bite. They like to boast too much.

For a nation that hates us, they sure are infatuated with us.

The price of oil benefits Iran and her client states, so Israel will have to deal with that **** for the next few years.
China will exert itself in the South China Sea (oil/ng) and Taiwan, at least.
The US and EU will pretend they give a **** about Ukraine (they don't), and the Germans will be uncomfortably friendly to the Russians (see the pipeline that they delayed paperwork on) because they have large trade and history in accommodating Russians.

Thankfully, Covid ended last week.
This. It’s all theater. It’s all $$$

🤡 🌎

He barely knows where he is. And what's with that constant ****-eating grin, especially during times like these?

Have an old friend who was born in and spent half of her life in the Ukraine (she now lives in Sweden), and I just talked with her today because her mom still lives there, she still visits her on the regular (2.5 hour flight) and she said her mom isn't afraid. They've been down this road before and the daily struggle the regular people of the Ukraine have to deal with have likely calloused them in a way a lot of us would never understand I guess. She said their military & soldiers are fighting like hell - but they're up against a world power. It's a shame, but they have a terrible history of atrocities and struggle so I guess that's why she's not afraid. Or at least she's putting up a hard front. Ugh.

I’m telling you. That ****** has a grin cause he knows damn well what he’s doing. All this ukraine/russia/nato **** was planned.

No country is stupid enough to send it’s weapons to a place knowing damn well it’s going to be taken over by another country that wants to nuke it at any opportunity.

This is a bait by the democrats and whatever global authority they want to install

If Putin launches a nuke at one of our cities. Russia is ancient history
With the current administration, I don't see us retaliating. That bunch wants us destroyed and based on recent history favor the communist party anyways...Wouldn't that be a ***** to be annihilated by uranium mined in our own country? Thanks Hillary....

56681712.jpg

A tale of two realities:

The bottom apparently corroborated by UK Ministry of Defense. Our government agencies and media are sickening ghouls. They're (media) having a party because ratings just got a boost. There's no way a city the size and preparedness of Kyiv going down like this so quickly is even remotely true. If it happens anytime soon, I'll gladly eat my crow.

And just wanna say for the record, I don't doubt there's an imminent threat to the Ukraine (obvious), but they're not taking it's Capital city anytime soon (or completely) like that.

It won't last forever, but:

66iwaf.gif