• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Covid, Ukraine and Taiwan

I true show of strength would be if he walks up to the podium and shows the world that he can wipe his own ***.

I true show of strength would be if he walks up to the podium and shows the world that he can wipe his own ***.
If my Aunt had balls she would be my Uncle...

Bomma Hwyte called Jimmy an idiot

I was trying to be realistic here. He is not going to go on an apology tour. The world will be watching his response to this situation in Ukraine. Especially Putin.
Yeah, Biden won't apologize for anything. Having just watched Biden's news conference, I think he kinda let it slip that we have intelligence that Putin will not stop with just Ukraine. Also, I don't think I've ever seen the reporters so worked up about anything. After Putin's comments about anyone ******* around with Russia's ambitions, and them being a nuclear power...It doesn't sound good. This really could be WWIII in a year. I wonder how many nuclear-armed subs they already have close to our borders?

Putin is daring Biden to do anything militarily. And to answer your question Steelman, I don't know what the answer is here. Sure, we have weapons that could turn Russia to glass and make it a wasteland. But, I don't see how we don't get dragged into this after Ukraine is occupied and they move further to the West. Putin is hell-bent on his intentions.

1645733077742.png

Yeah, Biden won't apologize for anything. Having just watched Biden's news conference, I think he kinda let it slip that we have intelligence that Putin will not stop with just Ukraine. Also, I don't think I've ever seen the reporters so worked up about anything. After Putin's comments about anyone ******* around with Russia's ambitions, and them being a nuclear power...It doesn't sound good. This really could be WWIII in a year. I wonder how many nuclear-armed subs they already have close to our borders?

Putin is daring Biden to do anything militarily. And to answer your question Steelman, I don't know what the answer is here. Sure, we have weapons that could turn Russia to glass and make it a wasteland. But, I don't see how we don't get dragged into this after Ukraine is occupied and they move further to the West. Putin is hell-bent on his intentions.
Unfortunately I think we are in for troubled times. Putin has been building up to this little by little for years. Putin is definitely old school. I think he believes that Russia has every right to take what he wants. Obviously he knew all these sanctions would happen if he invaded. And does not care one bit about them. I believe the last stat I read was the States imported 7% of their oil from Russia. I would think the USA can find other sources to make up for the 7%.

Biden repeatedly said that the States would be militarily involved if there was an attack on NATO
Countries. I get the feeling Putin will test to see who blinks first in the next 3 years. Let’s pray this doesn’t happen.

Can you imagine the poor people of Ukraine. Last week you’re having a few drinks, living your life. This week you’ve got tanks rumbling down your streets. Jets , helicopters overhead. You’ve got no money to leave, it’s the middle of winter. Russia controls the natural gas for heat and cooking. The food supply starts to dwindle. The world slowly turns its back to you. No one wants to take on millions of migrants. No ******* fun.

Unfortunately I think we are in for troubled times. Putin has been building up to this little by little for years. Putin is definitely old school. I think he believes that Russia has every right to take what he wants. Obviously he knew all these sanctions would happen if he invaded. And does not care one bit about them. I believe the last stat I read was the States imported 7% of their oil from Russia. I would think the USA can find other sources to make up for the 7%.

Biden repeatedly said that the States would be militarily involved if there was an attack on NATO
Countries.
I get the feeling Putin will test to see who blinks first in the next 3 years. Let’s pray this doesn’t happen.

Can you imagine the poor people of Ukraine. Last week you’re having a few drinks, living your life. This week you’ve got tanks rumbling down your streets. Jets , helicopters overhead. You’ve got no money to leave, it’s the middle of winter. Russia controls the natural gas for heat and cooking. The food supply starts to dwindle. The world slowly turns its back to you. No one wants to take on millions of migrants. No ******* fun.
Sanctions? Yes, Putin is laughing. I gotta give credit to the Ukrainian people I've seen on the news who say they're not afraid and will fight to be victorious.

Well, they are from Russian descendants, so I don't think they'll give up easily. But I'm afraid they're outgunned in this instance.

This is why the 2nd Amendment is so important in this country. If Russia was to decide to invade our country, I think they'd find their hands very full of problems.

my mom ran to my room at 6 am crying and screaming that we are being bombed, and some of you are making jokes about it? shame on you. i don’t understand how could you tweet memes about people dying and suffering. #StandWithUkrainei

I just read this on Twitter from a poster. It’s a different world now. Not that long ago you read about war from things like a diary from Ann Frank. Now it’s as it happens.
No ******* fun.

Sanctions? Yes, Putin is laughing. I gotta give credit to the Ukrainian people I've seen on the news who say they're not afraid and will fight to be victorious.

Well, they are from Russian descendants, so I don't think they'll give up easily. But I'm afraid they're outgunned in this instance.

This is why the 2nd Amendment is so important in this country. If Russia was to decide to invade our country, I think they'd find their hands very full of problems.
No one in the world doubts the military might of the USA. Or the Russians. A conflict between the two would be a world catastrophe.

As a Canadian with many American friends I have always kind of felt bad for your country.
You’re damned if you do damned if you don’t.
The countries that love to criticize your might are the first to ask for help when needed.

The one thing I definitely agreed with was when Trump basically told a lot of the world to pay up.
Countries that expect protection need to pay a lot more $$$$$$$.

🤡 🌎

Countries. I get the feeling Putin will test to see who blinks first in the next 3 years. Let’s pray this doesn’t happen.

He barely knows where he is. And what's with that constant ****-eating grin, especially during times like these?

Have an old friend who was born in and spent half of her life in the Ukraine (she now lives in Sweden), and I just talked with her today because her mom still lives there, she still visits her on the regular (2.5 hour flight) and she said her mom isn't afraid. They've been down this road before and the daily struggle the regular people of the Ukraine have to deal with have likely calloused them in a way a lot of us would never understand I guess. She said their military & soldiers are fighting like hell - but they're up against a world power. It's a shame, but they have a terrible history of atrocities and struggle so I guess that's why she's not afraid. Or at least she's putting up a hard front. Ugh.

I copied and pasted this from a news piece and can't remember where I found it because I started reading the above comments....

While the West is seeking "safe spaces" over the mispronunciation of gender pronouns, natural variabilities in the global climate, and whether "black lives matter", Russia is running roughshod over a neighboring sovereignty with striking impunity--with REAL blood being shed and REAL people dying. For those on the Left who have a difficult time grasping reality (which is most), this is it. Your contrived boogeymen are mere shadows to the brutality about to be unleashed. Your safe space has just become a concrete bunker.

I've read a bunch over the last few days....my thoughts are this - If China doesn't go after Taiwan in the next month, I will be utterly shocked.

This little gem is another shocker...Keep in mind Pakistan is a nuclear weapons power.

🤡 🌎

He barely knows where he is. And what's with that constant ****-eating grin, especially during times like these?

Have an old friend who was born in and spent half of her life in the Ukraine (she now lives in Sweden), and I just talked with her today because her mom still lives there, she still visits her on the regular (2.5 hour flight) and she said her mom isn't afraid. They've been down this road before and the daily struggle the regular people of the Ukraine have to deal with have likely calloused them in a way a lot of us would never understand I guess. She said their military & soldiers are fighting like hell - but they're up against a world power. It's a shame, but they have a terrible history of atrocities and struggle so I guess that's why she's not afraid. Or at least she's putting up a hard front. Ugh.

You know Steel, I read a lot of the posts in the political section, but rarely comment in here. As a Canadian I don’t feel it’s really my place to criticize American politics on an American site. Especially when I admittedly don’t have the knowledge of many of the issues. But I actually learn quite a bit in here. Not that I agree with everything 🙂

I was actually embarrassed for the States watching Biden’s news conference. As a great nation, this is the best you’ve got? My god.
That **** eating grin. He did it more than once. Did you see how he was reading the reporters name for the question period. All scripted. I mean I get it. He’s old and definitely losing it. The Dems should be ashamed. This guy was the best they had. Man. And believe me, all of Europe watched every minute of that.

Regarding your friend in Sweden. It’s amazing how much of the world lives in constant fear do to conflict. Part of every day life. We have had it good in North America. My parents grew up in Europe during the war. Some of the things they went through are gut wrenching

No one in the world doubts the military might of the USA. Or the Russians. A conflict between the two would be a world catastrophe.

As a Canadian with many American friends I have always kind of felt bad for your country.
You’re damned if you do damned if you don’t.
The countries that love to criticize your might are the first to ask for help when needed.

The one thing I definitely agreed with was when Trump basically told a lot of the world to pay up.
Countries that expect protection need to pay a lot more $$$$$$$.
I have a feeling our military has a bunch of secret toys. Area 51 is so unknown to us Americans. I wouldn’t be shocked if we can vaporize a country in a span of minutes.

So....... serious question. I know how much disdain you guys have for The current president. But he is president. In his upcoming address, what would you like him or expect him to say?
To say? “We, cheated,…I shouldn’t even be here. Where am I actually. Ice cream.

I have a feeling our military has a bunch of secret toys. Area 51 is so unknown to us Americans. I wouldn’t be shocked if we can vaporize a country in a span of minutes.
We do absolutely...some nasty stuff. But, Putin doesn't care to launch the nukes. It's all about his pride.

I've read a bunch over the last few days....If China doesn't go after Taiwan in the next month, I will be utterly shocked.

I've been saying this. It will happen.

I have a very good friend in Estonia. He says that they all feel very safe. Odd.

Wonder where Tibs is. Anyone know if he is safe?

The price of oil benefits Iran and her client states, so Israel will have to deal with that **** for the next few years.
China will exert itself in the South China Sea (oil/ng) and Taiwan, at least.
The US and EU will pretend they give a **** about Ukraine (they don't), and the Germans will be uncomfortably friendly to the Russians (see the pipeline that they delayed paperwork on) because they have large trade and history in accommodating Russians.

Thankfully, Covid ended last week.

I've been saying this. It will happen.

I have a very good friend in Estonia. He says that they all feel very safe. Odd.

Wonder where Tibs is. Anyone know if he is safe?
Vile Comrade Tibs, useful idiot, is routinely in his safe space.
He is probably under a rock or a bridge somewhere in the soon to be Russian Federation of States Republic of Hungaristan, again.

To say? “We, cheated,…I shouldn’t even be here. Where am I actually. Ice cream.

****** is illegitimate. **** him. I can't wait until Nov 2022 so we can *** rape and **** stop any agenda his handlers may have left.

I have less that zero respect for Biden.

We do absolutely...some nasty stuff. But, Putin doesn't care to launch the nukes. It's all about his pride.

He knows anything nuclear is a death sentence to himself and everyone. We played this game long enough to know during the cold War.

Nobody wins and everyone dies. And those who don't die will wish they did.