• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Covid Vaccine

Do you realize that you contradicted yourself and admitted you were wrong?

There's no more a contradiction there than there is a pair of brain cells underneath your man bun.

Answer the question Flog. What is the current variant and is it more or less lethal than Delta?

Curious minds want to know.

You evading the question ends the argument.

(vaccines tend to become more contagious and less lethal over time....go on, say it with me)

There's no more a contradiction there than there is a pair of brain cells underneath your man bun.

Answer the question Flog. What is the current variant and is it more or less lethal than Delta?

Curious minds want to know.

You evading the question ends the argument.

(vaccines tend to become more contagious and less lethal over time....go on, say it with me)
If you read the articles you’d know the severity of the current variant has yet to be determined as widespread immunity complicates the evaluation. Now go back and answer all the questions you evaded. Your wrong, Beta Tim.

If you read the articles...
did you read the one you continuously reference? i did. i don't see where it states anything remotely akin to what you repetitively reference.

that article does nothing but list the original and the variants. it states what we've already known and discussed for 530+ pages now.

Omicron and subvariants
How contagious is it? Omicron’s subvariants are considered to be especially efficient spreaders of the disease, and the BA.5 and BA.4 variants appear to be better than other subvariants at evading protection provided by vaccines and previous infection (although doctors say the vaccines still provide important protection against severe disease and death).

The original strain of Omicron was more transmissible than Delta was. One explanation was that more than 30 of Omicron’s mutations are on the virus’s spike protein, the part that attaches to human cells, and several of those are believed to increase the probability of infection.

Severity: Scientists are still working to learn more about whether the BA.5 and BA.4 subvariants can cause more severe disease than their predecessors. Data has suggested that the original Omicron strain was less severe, in general, than previous variants, according to the CDC. But it has also noted that surges in cases may lead to significant increases in hospitalizations and deaths, as they did during the variant’s spread in the beginning of the year, when the estimated death rates went as high or higher than they were at the time of the Delta variant surge last autumn.

Can vaccination prevent it? The CDC says that while breakthrough infections in vaccinated people are expected, getting vaccinated and staying up to date with your vaccine and a booster shot is the best protection against Omicron. In March, while data was still emerging about how long the first booster shot will last, the U.S. approved second booster shots of one of the mRNA vaccines for adults ages 50 and older—and all adults who got the Johnson and Johnson vaccine and booster—giving them the option of choosing a fourth shot. A similar authorization was made for people with certain immune deficiencies.

Delta
How contagious is it? It’s estimated that Delta caused more than twice as many infections as previous variants—in Connecticut, it was estimated to have been 80 to 90% more transmissible than the Alpha variant. In the U.S., in June 2021, after a steady decline in COVID-19 cases and hospitalizations, the arrival of Delta coincided with a rapid reversal of that trend. In the fall of 2021, there were surges even in the most vaccinated states, prompting experts to urge people to get their booster shots.

Severity: Delta caused more severe disease than other variants in people who weren’t vaccinated. Early studies from Scotland and Canada, both cited by the CDC, suggested Delta was more likely to result in hospitalization in the unvaccinated. A report in the Lancet this past summer found that people in England had double the hospitalization risk with Delta than they did with Alpha, the previously dominant variant in that country.

Can vaccination prevent it? All three vaccines in the U.S. were considered highly effective against severe illness, hospitalizations, and death from Delta. No vaccine is 100% effective, and Delta caused breakthrough infections in some fully vaccinated people. Also, infected vaccinated people could spread the virus to others, although likely they were infectious for a shorter time.

Delta also prompted the CDC to recommend “layered prevention strategies” for both the vaccinated and the unvaccinated. That means that, in addition to staying up-to-date with their vaccines, people were advised to practice such strategies as washing hands, wearing masks, and maintaining a physical distance from one another, especially when indoors in places where there was substantial or high transmission.

Delta AY4.2
Delta AY.4.2, sometimes referred to—incorrectly—as Delta Plus, was actually the most prominent of a number of Delta offshoots, some of which had mutations new to Delta but that were found in other variants. AY.4.2 had two mutations to its spike protein, AY145H and A222V, that were considered to be key, but they were not located in a place where they would inhibit vaccines or treatments. This variant was thought to be slightly more contagious than Delta itself, but while Great Britain was tracking a steady rise of AY4.2, it did not rise as quickly in the U.S.

How contagious is it? While the data is limited, it was thought to be 10 to 20% more transmissible than Delta.

Severity: It did not appear to pose a greater chance of hospitalization or death.

Can vaccination prevent it? There was some evidence to show vaccines were effective against AY.4.2. Experts also recommended masking, physical distancing, and other mitigation strategies.

Beta
This variant, or B.1.351, was identified in South Africa at the end of 2020 and spread to other countries. Experts had been concerned about its several mutations and its potential to evade antibodies. Beta was not common in the U.S.

How contagious is it? The CDC said Beta was about 50% more contagious than the original coronavirus strain.

Severity: There was evidence to suggest that Beta may have been more likely than other variants to lead to hospitalization and death.

Can vaccination prevent it? South Africa stopped offering the AstraZeneca-Oxford vaccine (which is not available in the U.S.) early in 2021 after clinical trials showed it did not provide strong protection against mild and moderate disease from the Beta variant. Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna, and Johnson & Johnson also reported less protection against Beta.

Alpha
Alpha (B.1.1.7) was the first of the highly publicized variants. Alpha first appeared in Great Britain in November 2020 and infections surged in December of that year. It soon surfaced around the world and became the dominant variant in the U.S., where the CDC classified it as a variant of concern. Then, Alpha faded away with the rise of the more aggressive Delta variant.

How contagious is it? Some mutations in Alpha’s spike protein were thought to make it more infectious. The B.1.1.7 lineage was believed to be 30 to 50% more contagious than the original SARS-CoV-2 strain. In the U.S., in mid-April 2021—before Delta became predominant—Alpha comprised 66% of cases, according to a study released in June by the CDC.

Severity: Studies have suggested the B.1.1.7 lineage was more likely to land infected people in the hospital and was deadlier than the original virus.

Can vaccinations prevent it? Pfizer, Moderna, and Johnson & Johnson all said their vaccines were effective in preventing severe disease and hospitalization in Alpha cases.

You're barely correct about Alpha and Beta.

Alpha - in November 2020 "Alpha faded away with the rise of the more aggressive Delta variant."
Beta - end of 2020. So not a concern that they don't even offer the vaccine for it anymore.
Delta -in late 2020 "Delta caused more severe disease than other variants in people who weren’t vaccinated. Early studies from Scotland and Canada, both cited by the CDC, suggested Delta was more likely to result in hospitalization in the unvaccinated"
Omicron - late November 2021. "Data has suggested that the original Omicron strain was less severe, in general, than previous variants, according to the CDC."
Delta AY4.2 - article is unclear on when this emerged "It did not appear to pose a greater chance of hospitalization or death"

There will be overlaps in the variants. One variant emerging does not signal the death of a previous variant. Once it's spread, then you'll slowly see the numbers of the previous variants dwindle. Its what immune systems do.

As we have said repeatedly... virus gonna virus. It'll mutate and become more contagious, but can also become less severe.

But, you continue wearing a box of masks. it's your right.

If you read the articles you’d know the severity of the current variant has yet to be determined as widespread immunity complicates the evaluation. Now go back and answer all the questions you evaded. Your wrong, Beta Tim.

Supe laid it out for you. You have evaded the first question that was asked (mine) because you know if you answer it, you are painted into a corner. I first asked you a question you evaded, only to come at me with your own after. So....I'll ask again.

What is the current variant and is it more or less lethal than Delta?

When you answer correctly (and confirm that the virus has in fact become less lethal) we can continue.

did you read the one you continuously reference? i did. i don't see where it states anything remotely akin to what you repetitively reference.

that article does nothing but list the original and the variants. it states what we've already known and discussed for 530+ pages now.

Omicron and subvariants

Delta

Delta AY4.2

Beta

Alpha

Alpha - in November 2020 "Alpha faded away with the rise of the more aggressive Delta variant."
Beta - end of 2020. So not a concern that they don't even offer the vaccine for it anymore.
Delta -in late 2020 "Delta caused more severe disease than other variants in people who weren’t vaccinated. Early studies from Scotland and Canada, both cited by the CDC, suggested Delta was more likely to result in hospitalization in the unvaccinated"
Omicron - late November 2021. "Data has suggested that the original Omicron strain was less severe, in general, than previous variants, according to the CDC."
Delta AY4.2 - article is unclear on when this emerged "It did not appear to pose a greater chance of hospitalization or death"

There will be overlaps in the variants. One variant emerging does not signal the death of a previous variant. Once it's spread, then you'll slowly see the numbers of the previous variants dwindle. Its what immune systems do.

As we have said repeatedly... virus gonna virus. It'll mutate and become more contagious, but can also become less severe.

FFS, the second damn paragraph refutes the theory that viruses always weaken as they mutate.

Supe laid it out for you. You have evaded the first question that was asked (mine) because you know if you answer it, you are painted into a corner. I first asked you a question you evaded, only to come at me with your own after. So....I'll ask again.

When you answer correctly (and confirm that the virus has in fact become less lethal) we can continue.
Delta? The report in The Lancet showed that Delta had double the hospitalization risk that Alpha had… so it got STRONGER as it mutated. How’s that Beta Tim?

I will answer the second half of your question. It's a damn cold. my 11 year old granddaughter her 9 year old and 3 year old brothers both tested positive for covid last week the three year old never slowed down (damn terrorist) the 9 and 11 year old both spiked a fever for a few hours slept thru the night and were fine the next day.

Now on to me. even after the first go of the kung flu tried to destroy my heart all I got this time around was a slight sore throat for maybe 36 hours. it's fear mongering that is all. I repeat it's a damn cold.

I will answer the second half of your question. It's a damn cold. my 11 year old granddaughter her 9 year old and 3 year old brothers both tested positive for covid last week the three year old never slowed down (damn terrorist) the 9 and 11 year old both spiked a fever for a few hours slept thru the night and were fine the next day.

Now on to me. even after the first go of the kung flu tried to destroy my heart all I got this time around was a slight sore throat for maybe 36 hours. it's fear mongering that is all. I repeat it's a damn cold.
Racist. Can’t believe you’re calling this a cold. Clearly China deserves more credit for manufacturing, and releasing the wuflu. Please respect its authority - covid

Delta? The report in The Lancet showed that Delta had double the hospitalization risk that Alpha had… so it got STRONGER as it mutated. How’s that Beta Tim?

After Delta we got.....

Come on, you can say it....

You're a damned liar. Floggy is here telling us that the variant we just got over and the new MidTermVariant are all worserer than the variants before.

WIDE
SPREAD
IMMUNITY

Come on Floggy, SAY IT.....

Omicron is ______ lethal than Delta......

You can fill in the blank. Come on. It's right there in your Yale report. You've been spotted the C and the T. Spell CAT. Come on man....loosen your man bun, take your tampon out and just spit it out.

Mask mandate defeated in Los Angeles. Boom.

1659057117375.png

Redefine "vaccine"
Redefine "recession"
Redefine "effective" and "working" (see below)

1659057224523.png

To the Left, this means the vaccines are working.

Redefine "vaccine"
Redefine "recession"
Redefine "effective" and "working" (see below)

View attachment 9110

To the Left, this means the vaccines are working.
The only way a liberal can remain relevant in a discussion is to redefine the meaning of words that have stood the test of time and reality. It's all they have, and sadly
far too many that think with their feelings instead of the brain they were born with, line up like the lemmings that they are.

So I tested positive for Covid on June 9th, temp was 100.5 so I tested.
June 11. I was back to feeling normal. Just body aches for those 2 days.
Thanks to where I work I got 10 days paid off.
Tested again on 10th day... still tested positive.
Again, another 5 days paid off.
Tested again at the end of those 5 days. Positive still.
This time they gave me another 10 days off paid.
Finally tested negative after that.

Whatever.
I got a lot of stuff done around the house.

thanks amazon.

63 year old. manage type 2 diabetes. According to the charts I am 10 lbs over normal weight. **** that.

2 ******* DAYS OF BODY ACHES.

Wifey came down with it too. same symptoms.... but she tested negative after 5 days.
58 year old with a fake upper aortic "vein",

BOTH UNVAXED,

we both take daily supplements C,D3, Mag, Tumeric, probiotic, plus a vitality pack from DoTerra,
I average 27000 steps a day.

So, in my opinion, I question the data forced down our throats 24/7.

Last edited:
So I tested positive for Covid on June 9th, temp was 100.5 so I tested.
June 11. I was back to feeling normal. Just body aches for those 2 days.
Thanks to where I work I got 10 days paid off.
Tested again on 10th day... still tested positive.
Again, another 5 days paid off.
Tested again at the end of those 5 days. Positive still.
This time they gave me another 10 days off paid.
Finally tested negative after that.

Whatever.
I got a lot of stuff done around the house.

thanks amazon.

63 year old. manage type 2 diabetes. According to the charts I am 10 lbs over normal weight. **** that.

2 ******* DAYS OF BODY ACHES.

Wifey came down with it too. same symptoms.... but she tested negative after 5 days.
58 year old with a fake upper aortic "vein",

BOTH UNVAXED,

we both take daily supplements C,D3, Mag, Tumeric, probiotic, plus a vitality pack from DoTerra,
I average 27000 steps a day.

So, in my opinion, I question the data forced down our throats 24/7.
I asked my Dr for more tests and he said dont worry about it. He said that even though the virus is long gone there is some protein left over and until that protein is out of your system you will get a false positive.

Life has largely returned to the way it was before the pandemic. That wasn’t the case before the vaccine. Covid had side effects too, not the least of which was death. What vaccine was discovered to have serious side effects 8 years after it was administered?

Lol Vaccines with those kind of side effects never make it out of clinical trials because for a new vaccine the clinical trials last ten years or more… even known vaccines that are repurposed take a minimum of five years to be approved on a non emergency basis, and they NEVER approve emergency vaccines for pregnant women well until this one… you cant prove its safe over time without first taking the time to prove it was safe… five months of clinical trials prove didley squat … most vaccines that get past lab trials fail in phase 3 clinical trials when either the widespread use shows issues with various genetics or other medical issues OR when the volunteers from the first trial start showing long term effects

Every previous attempt at a MRNA vaccine failed like that … showing long term issues…

As for everyone’s reliance on scientific papers as a source of information, yeah they are better than random internet postings, but they are fallible too. There are over 15,000 worldwide medical and scientific journals, with varying degrees of reputability. Even the most esteemed have, at times, published utter crap that had to eventually be retracted.

Some were simply ultimately based on wrong science. I often explicitly that in the last decade we have had several accepted scientific laws changed because we learned more about the way the world works and what we thought we knew… well it wasn’t totally right…

Some were hoaxes. A famous version of this was an isreali paper sarcastically submitted explaining that black men couldn’t be gay because them acting gay was a latent remnant of slavery and racism. It was meant to be absurd but a paper published it thinking the abstract was legit…

Many used fabricated data that seemed legit… hell that Alzheimer paper is getting national news for being utter crap made up to get a person famous for tgeir research and everyone bought in and never questioned the data….

Some were just misinterpretation of data, or applying the logical flaw that correlation always is the cause… like the hurricane study that tried to prove the name correlated to the severity

Many recently have an agenda bias… namely that it fits tge agenda, so the flaws of the study are ignored… one such study was an obvious hoax where the study of human behavior over their dog’s sexuality proved the patriarchal bias in straight white men. It was published quickly by people trying to push woke agendas.. and tgen blew up when the author explained it was more a commentary on what passes as science now than a legit study.
You find a lot of climate papers in this area. There is an agenda to be proven and they skewer acceptance to what fits their beliefs…

And of course lots of low data pools… some with no controls, many with one example

Hell the covid breakout saw a published paper about lack of immunity from people who had it based on one anecdotal german person….

So while many papers are legit, its still best to look at the raw data and formulate your own conclusions thusly…

Omicron and subvariants

Delta

Delta AY4.2

Beta

Alpha

.....its the flu, bro.

I exercise almost every morning at the Hercules gym on Pope AFB. They have a soccer field with a track outside. After I’m done “working out” I usually go out on the track and walk a mile or so to gather my thoughts and cool down. A lot of units gather there in the mornings to conduct PT. I see a lot of individuals wearing masks. Outside. When it’s 80 degrees at 6 AM and 100% humidity. Now they may have been sick prior and are following guidelines, or maybe they are paranoid about getting sick. It doesn’t make sense to me either way, because running with a mask on is difficult, at least for me at 51. I can’t imagine it’s much better at 21.