• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Covid Vaccine

People emit both droplets and aerosols, it’s not an either-or, Tim. The amount of exposure plays a key role in spread. But back to the original point. Social distancing absolutely prevent spread of contagious disease. To argue that it doesn’t is preposterous.

Droplets fall out within 3 feet of emission. Thats why there was a 6 ft social distancing distance aka 2x the dropout radius.

Masking was only used as a failsafe for people like doctors that had to breach the 6 ft radius and it was known to be relatively ineffective…

For Highly contagious aerosols like measles, masking and social distancing are known to have absolutely zero impact

The best way to deal with those besides way way more restrictive respiratory and eye protection is through air movement and ventilation…

Masking was just a way to make people feel safer even though they were not. No different than telling people to duck and cover in a nuke attack back in the 50’s and 60’s… a nice feeling to stave off the panic

Masking was just a way to make people feel safer even though they were not. No different than telling people to duck and cover in a nuke attack back in the 50’s and 60’s… a nice feeling to stave off the panic
I was ready to put a mask on today while in my truck by myself and look like a doofus. Went out for lunch and ended up coughing all afternoon even in my office. All of western PA looks foggy from the forest fires in Canuckistan. Friggen Snowbacks don't know how to deal without snow and put out a fire.

I was ready to put a mask on today while in my truck by myself and look like a doofus. Went out for lunch and ended up coughing all afternoon even in my office. All of western PA looks foggy from the forest fires in Canuckistan. Friggen Snowbacks don't know how to deal without snow and put out a fire.

Having worked on smokestacks for over a decade and a half this nonsense doesn’t even phase me, but then again my lungs are an epic mess lol. It does amaze me how many smokers are bitching about this… a good smoky Pittsburgh bar is a hundred times worse lol

Also for the earlier topic, I have had Covid once really bad… am not vaxxed and haven’t had it since despite being tested regularly for it. Whether natural immunity last for good in some cases isn’t really known, but that it lasts longer and is more adaptive than the vaccine isn’t even questioned anymore. The whole vaccine timeframe was admitted to be a lie to try to coax people into getting it… it wears off quickly and it doesn’t really work with mutations…

That was all in the early studies on Mrna vaccines… it wasn’t even unexpected… just a ridiculous money grab

No, exposure level matters. Standing 6 feet away from someone for 15 seconds is not the same as standing 6 inches away for 15 minutes.

I'll repeat for your idiotic, simplistic, limited POV.

If social distancing worked during Covid, explain why 98% of us got Covid 1x, 2x, 3x, 4x or more.

200.webp

Also for the earlier topic, I have had Covid once really bad… am not vaxxed and haven’t had it since despite being tested regularly for it. Whether natural immunity last for good in some cases isn’t really known, but that it lasts longer and is more adaptive than the vaccine isn’t even questioned anymore. The whole vaccine timeframe was admitted to be a lie to try to coax people into getting it… it wears off quickly and it doesn’t really work with mutations…

That was all in the early studies on Mrna vaccines… it wasn’t even unexpected… just a ridiculous money grab

Ditto. Got Covid once, not again.
Wife, got Covid once, not again.
Son 1 vaccinated, has had Covid 2x.
Son 2 vaccinated, has had Covid 3x.

Tonight, my wife and son and I had dinner with his girlfriend and her 92 year old grandfather. Fantastic, very expensive dinner. This guy is wicked smart, worked for NASA. Still teaches computer science here...at 92. Went back to his condo after dinner, where he showed me a signed letter from President Bush thanking him for his service to the USA. Another framed letter from Senator Mikulski also commending his service to this nation.

Having desert, conversation switched to travel and he mentioned having just had his....I'm not kidding...6th Covid vaccine. His granddaughter jumped in and said "no Covid talk grandpa." I told her it was ok. He is an awesome man. Don't begrudge him his choice one bit.

Don't begrudge me mine.

I diverged.

To your point, natural immunity won. As we all said it would.

To your point, natural immunity won. As we all said it would.
Well yeah. The human body is a truly amazing machine.

This is the first time in my lifetime that the "science" actively advocated against natural immunity and proven medicines that could have saved countless lives. And for what? An injectable therapeutic (at best) that helps you catch COVID more often. It's like they wanted people to get sick and die. How nobody has gone to prison yet is beyond me.

It's long but so is this thread.
All answers here.
I recommend watching it all the thru and then Justin lock this thread.

I am liking RFK jr

Last edited:
Having worked on smokestacks for over a decade and a half this nonsense doesn’t even phase me, but then again my lungs are an epic mess lol. It does amaze me how many smokers are bitching about this… a good smoky Pittsburgh bar is a hundred times worse lol
Like I said on FB, time was that Pittsburgh's air was like this on a good day and it smelled like jobs and money.

It's long but so is this thread.
All answers here.
I recommend watching it all the thru and then Justin lock this thread.

I am liking RFK jr

He's a good guy. I agree with him on many things. I don't know why he would be a Democrat with his views. That party is gone. It's been overrun and has morphed into something that would never put him on the ticket ever. He contradicts just everything they're about.

He's a good guy. I agree with him on many things. I don't know why he would be a Democrat with his views. That party is gone. It's been overrun and has morphed into something that would never put him on the ticket ever. He contradicts just everything they're about.

He is more of a pre Clinton, pre woke moderate Democrat. I liked some of his stances like his one on small and medium businesses, but the guy does want some elevated gun control and he is a true antivaxer… not just a “ the covid vaccine was done poorly and may be dangerous “ person… he hates em all…

For Highly contagious aerosols like measles, masking and social distancing are known to have absolutely zero impact
If a person is sharing an office
with someone else, yes. If a person stays home from work because they don’t feel well, social distancing absolutely works.

I'll repeat for your idiotic, simplistic, limited POV.

If social distancing worked during Covid, explain why 98% of us got Covid 1x, 2x, 3x, 4x or more.

200.webp
Because they were in close proximity to an infected person. That’s how CONTAGIOUS diseases work, Tim.

You should have dropped this silly argument after you worked yourself into a frenzy and declared Covid as being “random”… and then proceeded to try to change the definition of random. 😂

If the restrictions didn’t work, why did cases explode in China when they were lifted?

He is more of a pre Clinton, pre woke moderate Democrat. I liked some of his stances like his one on small and medium businesses, but the guy does want some elevated gun control and he is a true antivaxer… not just a “ the covid vaccine was done poorly and may be dangerous “ person… he hates em all…

He would lose me on the gun stuff and the anti vax everything. I'd never vote democrat anyway,so it doesn't matter. I do want his voice to have a bigger stage.

If a person is sharing an office
with someone else, yes. If a person stays home from work because they don’t feel well, social distancing absolutely works.
You can't be this dense, which is why no one takes anything you say seriously.

madinsomniac said:
For Highly contagious aerosols like measles, masking and social distancing are known to have absolutely zero impact.

Let me help.

For highly contagious aerosols like measles (and Covid), masking (because the particulate size of the molecule is smaller than the filtration rate of nearly all masks)
and social distancing (6 feet) are known to have absolutely zero impact.

We all agree that hiding in your basement and holding your breath is an effective deterrent if one has contracted an infectious disease.

You're welcome.

If a person stays home from work because they don’t feel well, social distancing absolutely works.

giphy.webp

Except if that person stays at home with his wife. Or his wife and son. Or his wife and son and daughter. Or his wife and sons and daughter. Or his wives and sons and daughters.

Or you have 3 roommates like I did coming out of college for 5 years.

Guess you have to be single for social distancing to "work by staying home" - and never go to the apartment mailboxes, or take trash down the hall to the chute, or take your sick self to CVS.

Social distancing can save the world!....if everyone was single I suppose.

Because they were in close proximity to an infected person.

We've already educated you. The VAST majority of Covid cases were spread via aerosols that linger for hours and travel LONG distances.

You haven't answered the question. If social distancing worked during Covid, why did 98% of us get Covid 1x, 2x, 3x, 4x or more?

Or are you saying 98% of us getting Covid 1x, 2x, 3x, 4x or more is evidence that social distancing worked?

You can't be this dense, which is why no one takes anything you say seriously.

madinsomniac said:
For Highly contagious aerosols like measles, masking and social distancing are known to have absolutely zero impact.

Let me help.

For highly contagious aerosols like measles (and Covid), masking (because the particulate size of the molecule is smaller than the filtration rate of nearly all masks)
and social distancing (6 feet) are known to have absolutely zero impact.

We all agree that hiding in your basement and holding your breath is an effective deterrent if one has contracted an infectious disease.

You're welcome.
Dense is pretending that proximity doesn’t matter in the spread of contagious diseases. 6 feet is better than 6 inches, 60 feet is better than 6 feet.

Nobody liked the restrictions. That doesn’t mean they didn’t work or that Covid isn’t a contagious disease.

giphy.webp

Except if that person stays at home with his wife. Or his wife and son. Or his wife and son and daughter. Or his wife and sons and daughter. Or his wives and sons and daughters.

Or you have 3 roommates like I did coming out of college for 5 years.
Except? What you’re describing are social environments. I’ll remind you that you’re trying to argue that Covid was spread by aerosols traveling long distances…. which is preposterous.

Dense is pretending that proximity doesn’t matter in the spread of contagious diseases. 6 feet is better than 6 inches, 60 feet is better than 6 feet.

Nobody liked the restrictions. That doesn’t mean they didn’t work or that Covid isn’t a contagious disease.
Do I need to type slower? You know exactly what the context of Mad's post was but chose to twist it to fit your narrative.

We've already educated you. The VAST majority of Covid cases were spread via aerosols that linger for hours and travel LONG distances.
This is nonsense. Covid was spread indoors. LONG distances? How the ****, Tim.
You haven't answered the question. If social distancing worked during Covid, why did 98% of us get Covid 1x, 2x, 3x, 4x or more?

Or are you saying 98% of us getting Covid 1x, 2x, 3x, 4x or more is evidence that social distancing worked?
Ask China.

Just think ...when the steel mills were at full capacity back in the day...
This was a normal occurrence in the Burgh...depending on your location and which way the wind was blowing..

It wasn't unusual that the street lights were on at 2pm in the afternoon or freshly fallen snow had a grayish hue to it..
For those of you who weren't alive then or didn't grow up in Pittsburgh....this is all true believe it or not..