• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Covid Vaccine

Yep. Covid, flu, shingles I get all the vaccines.

You only selectively question the science. You experience a medical emergency and you seek the same professionals for help. Talk about a unique perspective.
Medical Emergency = Needing stitches, needing appendix removed, needing to set a broken bone, etc.
Flu, COVID, and shingles are NOT medical emergencies.
And in most cases of shingles, like measles/chicken pox/lichen planus/etc., it's simply a temporary inconvenience, and a cosmetic one at that. YES, there are extreme outliers before you cite some random case of measles killing someone once.

I busted my leg open this summer along my shinbone. It required stitches. I cut it on a metal ladder getting out of a pool.
Of course, I got a tetanus shot at the ER due to the source of my injury.
But I took this vaccine because it's been around about 100 years now and has tested and retested and even tweaked a few times throughout the years.
It has been proven effective at PREVENTING tetanus. You know. What an actual vaccine is supposed to do.
While I don't think lockjaw is fatal, not being able to swallow and/or chew, and if undetected long enough, produce seizures and total muscle tightening and clinching, would suck enough.

Never sought out a professional anytime I've had the flu or cold.
Just lay around on the couch like a sloth, drink fluids, ( starve a fever / feed a cold ), chicken soup, and wait it out.
And with flu and COVID vaccines, even if you take them and all their boosters, you can still get and transmit the disease.
What exactly is the purpose?

It's amazing to me how delusional and unsupported your irrational thinking is.
Questioning science is how we know the earth isn't flat nor the center of the universe.

You only selectively question the science. You experience a medical emergency and you seek the same professionals for help. Talk about a unique perspective.

questioning is part of the scientific method. One should question all science. When the answer is backed by data and repeated conclusive experiments, then accept that answer. But when the answer is - how dare you question experts, shut your damn mouth and accept the unsupported consensus. That is not science.

BTW. What is the expert consensus on hydroxychloroquine for treating Covid?

questioning is part of the scientific method. One should question all science. When the answer is backed by data and repeated conclusive experiments, then accept that answer. But when the answer is - how dare you question experts, shut your damn mouth and accept the unsupported consensus. That is not science.

BTW. What is the expert consensus on hydroxychloroquine for treating Covid?

Don't forget the about face they've done on Ivermectin too.

Cy-ance!

Good. Very good. Beware, it comes from that trash heap Politico

Anti-vaxxers are now a modern political force​

The once-fringe movement is now seeing an influx in cash after the Covid pandemic.

The Covid-19 pandemic has produced a remarkable financial windfall for anti-vaccine nonprofits. Revenue more than doubled for the Informed Consent Action Network and Robert F. Kennedy Jr.’s Children’s Health Defense in 2021 compared to the year prior, according to a POLITICO analysis of tax filings. The nonprofits that survived on operating budgets of around a few million dollars just a few years prior are now raking in more than $10 million each.

The funding spike reflects a sea change for once-fringe entities. The anti-vaccine movement has now emerged as a modern political force. In practical terms, greater funds enable anti-vaccine groups to expand their public reach, sue federal agencies and organize like-minded activists at the state level, as well as expand their reach abroad.

Though these groups have been trying to roll back vaccine requirements for years, the movement has gained new traction in a post-pandemic world. Earlier this year, a lawsuit funded by the anti-vaccine group Informed Consent Action Network forced Mississippi to allow religious exemptions for mandatory childhood vaccinations for the first time in more than four decades.

80e25a.jpg

Saw two more people yesterday outside with "designer cloth" masks on who proceeded to get in their car and drive off alone.

It's crazy. As if some type of horrible plague is outside and that worthless cross contaminated bacteria filled rag on their face will save them.

It's 100% psychological.
Maybe they are ugly as sin. Fits the MO of the liberal Democrat.

I have worn my mask in the car before, but only because I forgot to take it off after work. We have been stuck in a minor outbreak, it is mostly staff now. We had 5 residents total in the last month or so test positive and all just had cold symptoms. One resident went out of the facility to a wedding and picked it up. My assistant is out now and I think he infected our social service director. Covid was much worse when it first came around and just seemed to greatly accelerate any existing conditions especially in our dementia patients. I have seen people in stores w/ half respirators. If your a cancer patient or someone w/ bad immune system and have to be out then I get it. The people w/ the KN-95s that dont even fit or the cloth / surgical masks below the nose crack me up though. I am not getting any more covid shots. I have had covid 3x w/ the original shots and 1 booster. If just seems pointless and more of a risk getting another shot than w/o. My daughter is 12 and un-vaxed and will stay that way unless something drastic changes.

Happily retired for several years now, but that doesn't change the methodology of the subject.
Doesn’t change the facts either.

Doesn’t change the facts either.

Dipshit. One of those is 18 months old, the other over 2 years old, and both contain demonstrably false information.

Your "facts" are outdated and untrue.

You are really bad at this attempting to one-up folks, especially those with greater subject matter IQ than you.

Dipshit. One of those is 18 months old, the other over 2 years old, and both contain demonstrably false information.

Your "facts" are outdated and untrue.

You are really bad at this attempting to one-up folks, especially those with greater subject matter IQ than you.
Demonstrate the false information.

Which is precisely why science must continue to be questioned and refined. I truly hope someday through research and innovation that the coronavirus can be contained much like the variola virus (small pox) and poliovirus are today, but we aren't currently anywhere close to that. Some of the negative data coming out about this vaccine maybe sensationalized to a point, but there is no denying that it has far more negative side effects than should be accepted. The continued cheerleading about this vaccine is disingenuous and misleading.

Demonstrate the false information.
Re-read this thread. If you had been paying attention, reading, contextualizing, forming your own thoughts, you could form what is known as a cogent opinion, and then use that to discuss with others here.

But you do not do that.

You cut/paste from dated dogma, disguised didactically, unable to discern discreet details because of your dullardly lack of fuc king reading comprehension.