• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Covid Vaccine

So the vaccines ARE preventative? Imagine that!

Yes, of course, laws are passed by a noble collection of altruistic philosophers whose only goal is the betterment of society. Money plays no role in legislation, at all, no siree. It's not like billions of dollars can be made by having legislation mandate or bar behavior, or that those who stand to make the billions contribute millions of dollars to the noble heroes in elected office to write legislation to make the donors those billions.

Nope, not at all. That's why you don't see pharmaceutical companies donating millions upon millions of dollars to politicians. Never happens.

Huh. Maybe that is not accurate. I wish somebody had pointed out a bit ago that the answer to almost every question is "money."

Gee, Dr. Flogstain, too bad the entire universe cannot access a source of information - I'll call it the "interwebz" - to investigate such questions. If ONLY we all could do so I would no longer have to correct your repeated, endless litany of misstatements and moronic claims. For example, if we could search the fictional interwebz by asking, "Hey, does Federal law mandate health insurers cover the Vaxshotz?" We would learn, oh I don't know, something like this:

Answering Dipshit's Questions About Why Insurers Pay for Vaxshotz

So you claim the Vaxshotz cost insurers money, I show that is demonstrably false since until a few weeks ago, ALL vaxshotz were bought and paid for by the government and currently insurers pay for vaxshotz because they are required to do so under Federal law.

Time for you to declare yourself the winner of the debate and go get your 5th booster and your manbun tightened.
Idiot, it WAS false, it’s CURRENTLY absolutely true.

They do so because covering a vaccine is a hell of a lot cheaper than covering a hospitalization.

They do so because covering a vaccine is a hell of a lot cheaper than covering a hospitalization.

Here, let me help. I know you are too stupid to remember what you claimed, what with the endless shifting of your narratives when exposed as a lying liar telling lies about ze's lies, so let me summarize:
  • You claimed that health insurers would not cover the vaxshotz unless it was the bee's knees since it cost them money.
  • I gave you a link showing that until September 13, 2023, ALL vaxshotz were paid for by the Federal government.
  • You then said, "yEaH, WhUt AbOuT NoW? hUh??"
  • I gave a link showing that Federal law mandates that insurers cover the vaxshotz.
So Dr. Flogstain, explain to us why Federal law would have to MANDATE insurance coverage for the vaxshotz if it was so darn wonderful for the medical insurers.*

* Let me explain what is obvious to those with at least average intelligence. Legislation is not needed to mandate what we do voluntarily. We have laws against giving poison to others, but no laws against consuming poison ourselves. Get it? Yeah, probably not. Have a 2nd grader explain it to you.

giphy.gif

Here, let me help. I know you are too stupid to remember what you claimed, what with the endless shifting of your narratives when exposed as a lying liar telling lies about ze's lies, so let me summarize:
  • You claimed that health insurers would not cover the vaxshotz unless it was the bee's knees since it cost them money.
  • I gave you a link showing that until September 13, 2023, ALL vaxshotz were paid for by the Federal government.
  • You then said, "yEaH, WhUt AbOuT NoW? hUh??"
  • I gave a link showing that Federal law mandates that insurers cover the vaxshotz.
So Dr. Flogstain, explain to us why Federal law would have to MANDATE insurance coverage for the vaxshotz if it was so darn wonderful for the medical insurers.*

* Let me explain what is obvious to those with at least average intelligence. Legislation is not needed to mandate what we do voluntarily. We have laws against giving poison to others, but no laws against consuming poison ourselves. Get it? Yeah, probably not. Have a 2nd grader explain it to you.
It’s preventative medicine, meant to prevent illness and reduce medical expenditure. It’s not limited to the Covid vaccine. Health insurers incentivize providers to keep ER utilization and hospital admissions low to reduce their expenditure.

It’s preventative medicine, meant to prevent illness and reduce medical expenditure. It’s not limited to the Covid vaccine. Health insurers incentivize providers to keep ER utilization and hospital admissions low to reduce their expenditure.

Ahh, yes, that explains why Federal law was needed to MANDATE coverage for the vaxshotz.

goodfellas-henry-hill.gif

Uh, I think that’s Morticia.

How stupid do the unvaccinated feel when they get hospitalized with Covid?
Nowhere near as stupid as you come across.

And how did I know you would fact check him on a fictional character, but never on any of the real life facts and figures he's presented in this thread?
I must be mystical.

No, if you’re following along Zona suggested doctors are motivated by kickbacks from pharmaceutical companies.
Please list where I said doctors are getting kickbacks from pharmaceutical companies, because I didn't, although it wouldn't surprise me if it still happens, time was, it was blatant.
Hmmm, guess that makes you a liar. I'll wait for the apology.

You truly are naive if you believe health care systems are not swayed into following Federal guidelines in order to obtain accreditation and the dollars that follow.

Even if a physician works in a system, that does not mean that they can no longer have a professional opinion. Not all fall into line as you apparently expect them to.

Speaking of opinions, you still haven't produced list of all you personally feel should be boosted. Not sure why this should be a problem for you since have no problem asking for the names of primary providers of certain members here.

Fact check? more like reality check… like I just gave you. Real life facts and figures:

I'm sorry.
You've now posted this twice, beating your chest over FACTS it shows.
Are we to swoon over this 28 DAY sample period, for just the state of Washington, which does not contain bivalent nor monovalent booster doses, and contains the disclaimer :

Due to a small number of COVID-19 deaths, death rates in certain age groups may be unstable. Resulting rate ratios should be interpreted with caution.

THIS?!?!
This what you hang your hat on for a WORLDWIDE "killer" that's been around for almost three years, and these shots have been around for almost two years.
The state of Washington's most recent 28 day trend?
GTFOH!
Thanks for the midday laugh.

It turns out that they are doing both. Has ANYONE not gotten the virus that also got the shot?

Yes, of course, laws are passed by a noble collection of altruistic philosophers whose only goal is the betterment of society. Money plays no role in legislation, at all, no siree. It's not like billions of dollars can be made by having legislation mandate or bar behavior, or that those who stand to make the billions contribute millions of dollars to the noble heroes in elected office to write legislation to make the donors those billions.

Nope, not at all. That's why you don't see pharmaceutical companies donating millions upon millions of dollars to politicians. Never happens.

Huh. Maybe that is not accurate. I wish somebody had pointed out a bit ago that the answer to almost every question is "money."

I'm sorry.
Are we to swoon over this 28 DAY sample period, for just the state of Washington, which does not contain bivalent nor monovalent booster doses, and contains the disclaimer :

Due to a small number of COVID-19 deaths, death rates in certain age groups may be unstable. Resulting rate ratios should be interpreted with caution.

THIS?!?!
This what you hang your hat on for a WORLDWIDE "killer" that's been around for almost three years, and these shots have been around for almost two years.
GTFOH!
FFS, yes it’s what I “hang my hat on” and this:

And this:

And this:

Reality.

Speaking of opinions, you still haven't produced list of all you personally feel should be boosted. Not sure why this should be a problem for you since have no problem asking for the names of primary providers of certain members here.

Dr. Flogstain does not entertain questions from the unwashed, Zona. He is far too busy plotting with Dr. Birx and Dr. Fauxci to violate every protocol and punish those evil whyte supremacists who voted for Trump.

I'm sorry.

THIS?!?!
GTFOH!

fedderone, ho-lee ****, I think your post is enough for Dr. Flogstain to declare victory.

In a lot of cases, they’ll be covering both.

A lot less often…

Less often than what?

0.7 people die per day of Covid per state.

There are @5,000 cases daily nationwide.

You still insist Covid is a force to be reckoned with. More people die on Big Wheels every day than from Covid.

200.webp

I'm sorry.

THIS?!?!
GTFOH!

I've also used the WA State data he's posted over the years to show him that over time, the vaccinated occupied more and more hospital beds and graves. That data actually demonstrated, without question, the waning efficacy of the vaccines.

It is brilliant data.

He still thinks it makes some argument for him.

In a day and age where 0.7 people die a day per state. More people drown in kiddie pools every day than from Covid.

200w.webp

In a day and age where 0.7 people die a day per state. More people drown in kiddie pools every day than from Covid.

200w.webp

"thAt'S bEeCaUzE ThEiR LuNnGs cOuLdN't FuNkShUn CuZ nO CoViD VaXsHoTz Or BoOsTeRz!"
- Dr. Flogstain

Covid has been making its way around my area. Some facilities are having big outbreaks. In 2 months I think we ended up w/ 10 residents w/ it and probably about the same amount of staff. The cases have been all spread out. We had a resident who tested positive he seemed alright, next day he couldnt talk, was full of mucus and was loaded up on O2. The following day I had to work on his bed and he seemed back to his normal self, talking up a storm and what not. Unfortunately he ended up dying the next day which was very odd. Of course he had various other health issues and was a hospice patient, but it was very odd how he went from alright, to very very bad, to good, to dying in 3 days.