• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Covid Vaccine

You do realize there are way more cases than reported. People are not testing / reporting like they did in the past. Also not sure where you got your data but there were 4300 hospitalizations sept 30th in the US, and Pennsylvania had 281 which was 5th highest in the country. These are hospitalizations NOT cases. We have not had a single patient or staff hospitalized with covid in a very long time. There are facilities in my area who are and have been much worse off with the out breaks. I have no need or desire to make up numbers. In fact I think the whole covid procedures are BS especially now when symptoms are like a cold. This does not mean you can stick your head in the sand and pretend covid doesn't exist because it doesn't fit your narrative.
I agree with most of what you're saying but there are people on this board who take the opposite approach and deny that clot shots aren't inflicting health problems and do very little to protect the young and healthy who are at a miniscule risk of hospitalization and/or death. Give Old people the clot shot and leave the rest of us alone, I say!

I agree i refuse to get anymore shots. I believe all of our residents were "up to date" with the covid shots except for the newest one which we will be getting very soon. All the vaccines are getting out of hand now. I think we are offering 5 to residents. Flu, Rsv, covid, shingles, and one i can't remember..... From what our MD said the RSV one seems to have alot of side effects.

You do realize there are way more cases than reported. People are not testing / reporting like they did in the past.

Unpossible since if your reports are true, and if in fact the cases are underreported, you personally would have infected more than 1,000,000 Americans.

I agree with most of what you're saying but there are people on this board who take the opposite approach and deny that clot shots aren't inflicting health problems and do very little to protect the young and healthy who are at a miniscule risk of hospitalization and/or death. Give Old people the clot shot and leave the rest of us alone, I say!
The research above shows that these shots HURT kids.

Not only are they dubious in efficacy, they harm kids!

Imagine if there was a full and normal safety study and efficacy study for these shots, but that DID NOT HAPPEN.

Further, there has been no aftermarket study, like every other FDA approved drug, for these "vaccines".

People should held accountable for these huge costs to society AND for the lies they told about the safety and the efficacy.

You do realize there are way more cases than reported. People are not testing / reporting like they did in the past. Also not sure where you got your data but there were 4300 hospitalizations sept 30th in the US, and Pennsylvania had 281 which was 5th highest in the country. These are hospitalizations NOT cases. We have not had a single patient or staff hospitalized with covid in a very long time. There are facilities in my area who are and have been much worse off with the out breaks. I have no need or desire to make up numbers. In fact I think the whole covid procedures are BS especially now when symptoms are like a cold. This does not mean you can stick your head in the sand and pretend covid doesn't exist because it doesn't fit your narrative.

I get the data from here:

The New York Times stopped updating theirs in March.
The Washington Post stopped updating data in May 2023.

From the CDC (current, October data):
16,766 hospitalizations in the last week.
That is 2,395 per day.
That is 48 per state per day.

From the CDC for Pennsylvania:
The past week - 673 total hospitalizations
That's 96 a day

Not sure where you are getting your data.

Regardless, Covid is now essentially an after-thought.

Right now I see the trend is low Covid issues in regards to hospitalization. Most of the time they either aren't being treated for their positive results and are being admitted for unrelated issues.

The initial strand came with a lot of intubations,etc.

I see the variant out there now as weak and everyone that I personally know that got Covid recently might have struggled somewhat. But usually at home without respiratory assistance.

Just an update on what I am seeing.

Not sure where you are getting your data.

I can assure you that jizzer gets his Covid data from somewhere that costs less than $50.

Regardless, Covid is now essentially an after-thought.

Just you wait for the 2024 election strain, TSF! You thought the 2020 mail-in ballot strain was bad, hoo-boy, wait for the next one!

I agree i refuse to get anymore shots. I believe all of our residents were "up to date" with the covid shots except for the newest one which we will be getting very soon. All the vaccines are getting out of hand now. I think we are offering 5 to residents. Flu, Rsv, covid, shingles, and one i can't remember..... From what our MD said the RSV one seems to have alot of side effects.
Just my opinion, but I don't see age as a stand alone factor in getting boosted. Like the RSV vaccine there needs to be other issues involved, comorbidities if you will.

Flu shot is a roll of the dice in predicting the variant, but worth getting. Shingrix for shingles is a good idea, your 5th is probably Pneumovax, I would get it as well.

These current vaccines were developed for about 6 variants ago and we're told "we're pretty sure they'll work against new ones too". That's when I decided I'm done. While I don't believe there is the widespread damage that some of you do, why risk any side effects when these shots are minimally effective if at all. If they come up with a vaccine that is targeted at the virus itself and not this or that variant, or if one is developed for an especially deadly variant, I might consider it. I recently came from a wedding where close to half the people I know got covid within a few days after, boosted or unboosted they are all fine and I didn't end up getting it.

These current vaccines were developed for about 6 variants ago and we're told "we're pretty sure they'll work against new ones too". That's when I decided I'm done.

"oH mY goD yOuR'E KiLLinG pEopLe!"
- Dr. Flogstain & Nurse Tibilo

These current vaccines were developed for about 6 variants ago and we're told "we're pretty sure they'll work against new ones too". That's when I decided I'm done. While I don't believe there is the widespread damage that some of you do, why risk any side effects when these shots are minimally effective if at all. If they come up with a vaccine that is targeted at the virus itself and not this or that variant, or if one is developed for an especially deadly variant, I might consider it. I recently came from a wedding where close to half the people I know got covid within a few days after, boosted orH unboosted they are all fine and I didn't end up getting it.
Hmm, imagine that a logical response, we'll have none of that around here.

BAN THE mRNA VAXXES!

They harm young kids
They harm adolescents
They have never been efficacious for most of the population
They may have value for subgroups of older folks with comorbidities, but those groups have not yet been identified.

For heaven's sake FDA: Do your job!

Proof that you don't even read what you post:

"Among men under 40, there were an estimated four extra cases of myocarditis associated with the first dose of the Pfizer vaccine and 14 extra cases with the first dose of the Moderna vaccine for every 1 million men vaccinated. That risk rose with the second dose for all three vaccines studied and was highest for Moderna's, which had an additional 97 myocarditis cases per 1 million. For unvaccinated men under 40 with COVID-19, there were 16 additional myocarditis cases per million."

The article never even mentions the damage via pericarditis. What a **** study this was.

Proof that you don't even read what you post:

"Among men under 40, there were an estimated four extra cases of myocarditis associated with the first dose of the Pfizer vaccine and 14 extra cases with the first dose of the Moderna vaccine for every 1 million men vaccinated. That risk rose with the second dose for all three vaccines studied and was highest for Moderna's, which had an additional 97 myocarditis cases per 1 million. For unvaccinated men under 40 with COVID-19, there were 16 additional myocarditis cases per million."

The article never even mentions the damage via pericarditis. What a **** study this was.
So what? Even for men under 40 Myocarditis is exceedingly rare and Myocarditis isn't the only health problem associated with Covid. There are many other considerations. Show that the odds of and outcomes of getting myocarditis after vaccination outweigh the odds and outcomes of getting any serious illness with Covid.

So what? Even for men under 40 Myocarditis is exceedingly rare and Myocarditis isn't the only health problem associated with Covid. There are many other considerations. Show that the odds of and outcomes of getting myocarditis after vaccination outweigh the odds and outcomes of getting any serious illness with Covid.

My God, you are a relentless Covidian. A massive study shows that "the risk of myocarditis associated with the vaccine was lower than the risk associated with COVID-19 infection before or after vaccination – with one exception. Men under 40 who received a second dose of the Moderna vaccine had a higher risk of myocarditis following vaccination."

That completely refutes your claim about the safety of the vaccine compared to the dangers of the Chinese flu. The data are worse for males age 12 to 17, which has a Covid mortality rate of about 0.0009%. Yes, you read that correctly - less than one-thousandth of a percent.

Covid Mortality Among Minors

How many of that population died due to heart disease brought on the vax? How many will die in the future prematurely due to heart disease brought on by the vax? You don't know and you don't care. Covidians don't care.

Has it occurred to you that you are a follower of a religion that is perfectly fine sacrificing children to appease their gods, i.e., for their own benefit? At least the Aztecs didn't know better. You should.

My God, you are a relentless Covidian. A massive study shows that "the risk of myocarditis associated with the vaccine was lower than the risk associated with COVID-19 infection before or after vaccination – with one exception. Men under 40 who received a second dose of the Moderna vaccine had a higher risk of myocarditis following vaccination."

That completely refutes your claim about the safety of the vaccine compared to the dangers of the Chinese flu. The data are worse for males age 12 to 17, which has a Covid mortality rate of about 0.0009%. Yes, you read that correctly - less than one-thousandth of a percent.
Uh huh, and what percentage of those in the study got myocarditis after vaccination? Are we to believe all of them died from it? Did any? You pick and choose when you put things in perspective.
Covid Mortality Among Minors

How many of that population died due to heart disease brought on the vax? How many will die in the future prematurely due to heart disease brought on by the vax? You don't know and you don't care. Covidians don't care.

Has it occurred to you that you are a follower of a religion that is perfectly fine sacrificing children to appease their gods, i.e., for their own benefit? At least the Aztecs didn't know better. You should.
What religion? Every major medical association? Every health system? Carry on.

This is now utterly comical. Dr. Flogstain, presented with a current study rebuts with....

1697738925040.png

Because clearly older science trumps current science. SMH. Meanwhile...

The group at highest risk for heart damage from vaccines = adolescent males
The group at the LOWEST risk for heart damage from Covid = the young

So let's inject the people most immune to the effects of Covid with shots they don't need that come with a printed, noted risk of damaging their hearts! Brilliant. BRILLIANT.

The CDC:

The risk for myocarditis was defined as the percentage of patients with myocarditis and was calculated among patients with and without COVID-19, overall and by sex (male or female) and age group (<16, 16–24, 25–39, 40–49, 50–64, 65–74, and ≥75 years). The percentage of myocarditis patients with a history of COVID-19 was calculated for each age group.

1697739438469.png

This is now utterly comical. Dr. Flogstain, presented with a current study rebuts with....

View attachment 11791

Because clearly older science trumps current science. SMH. Meanwhile...

The group at highest risk for heart damage from vaccines = adolescent males
The group at the LOWEST risk for heart damage from Covid = the young

So let's inject the people most immune to the effects of Covid with shots they don't need that come with a printed, noted risk of damaging their hearts! Brilliant. BRILLIANT.

The CDC:

The risk for myocarditis was defined as the percentage of patients with myocarditis and was calculated among patients with and without COVID-19, overall and by sex (male or female) and age group (<16, 16–24, 25–39, 40–49, 50–64, 65–74, and ≥75 years). The percentage of myocarditis patients with a history of COVID-19 was calculated for each age group.

View attachment 11792

"ThE sTuDy i CiTeD iS oLd EnOuGh FoR a tHiRd FoUrTh BoOsTeR!"
- Dr. Flogstain
Covid Expert and Joe Biden Voter