• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Covid Vaccine

Yes, that commercial bothers me a lot since it fails to point out that a lot of Type 2 diabetics - not all, mind you, but a vast percentage - can basically eliminate the disease with better diet and more exercise. Rather than taking a pill, get off your fat ***.

And I say this as someone who had the great fortune of getting Type 1 diabetes at age 7. I work out every day, have an incredibly controlled diet, weigh 165 lbs. with 13% body fat, and have an a1c of 5.9 and I am stuck with (get it?) injecting insulin 4-5x/day for the rest of my life, just as I have been doing for the past 55+ years.

Gee, I guess not being a tub of lard is asking too much, however.
Do you think fat people don’t know this? Do you think doctors don’t plead with people to lose weight and exercise as well as take medicine? If wanting to be thin and healthy was enough most people would be. Statistics say that people who are obese as kids will struggle for a lifetime keeping weight off. There are cellular changes to people’s bodies that make it much more difficult for them to lose weight. Eating disorders are complex, like any other addiction.
I know for myself I was slim my whole life, I love to cook, we eat healthy for the most part, I play tennis 4-5 days/week. Middle age hit and boom, slightly overweight in a matter of months. I’m tall and used to be able to drop 10 pounds like it was nothing. Not so much any more and if I just look at sugar it all comes right back on.
Anyway, if your loved one was obese (like a good portion of the population) and diabetic I imagine you’d be pretty happy that there was a pill that might help them stick around a little longer. Unless you think death is a good punishment for being fat or something.

I really do take issue with those that try to slight folks for questioning the mRNA products by calling them anti-vaxers.
I think that I can speak for everyone here that we are not against actual vaccines, you know, the ones that actually prevent and stop in their tracks communicable diseases.
Many of the people who wrote that “study” are not just anti Covid vax, they are antivaxx in general.

No sarcasm or malice intended as I'm genuinely curious.
Can you please give me an example of this?
I am unaware of someone pushing supplements as a cleanse for getting a COVID shot.
The link I posted is Peter McCullough’s company. One of the authors of the paper Tim posted. His “spike support” supplement supposedly counteracts the spike protein in the vaccines (and the virus itself). A guy who spends his days spreading misinformation and twisting data to claim the vaccine is deadly and then sells bull shot supplements as a cure. https://factcheck.afp.com/doc.afp.com.33PA8L4

I really do take issue with those that try to slight folks for questioning the mRNA products by calling them anti-vaxers.
I think that I can speak for everyone here that we are not against actual vaccines, you know, the ones that actually prevent and stop in their tracks communicable diseases.

Oh I can name 3 people in this thread that label us as anti-vaxxers for exactly that - if you question mRNA products, you're an anti-vaxxer.

It's as lazy as every Democrat calling anyone that disagrees with any of their policies "racists."

Do you think fat people don’t know this? Do you think doctors don’t plead with people to lose weight and exercise as well as take medicine? If wanting to be thin and healthy was enough most people would be. Statistics say that people who are obese as kids will struggle for a lifetime keeping weight off. There are cellular changes to people’s bodies that make it much more difficult for them to lose weight. Eating disorders are complex, like any other addiction.
I know for myself I was slim my whole life, I love to cook, we eat healthy for the most part, I play tennis 4-5 days/week. Middle age hit and boom, slightly overweight in a matter of months. I’m tall and used to be able to drop 10 pounds like it was nothing. Not so much any more and if I just look at sugar it all comes right back on.
Anyway, if your loved one was obese (like a good portion of the population) and diabetic I imagine you’d be pretty happy that there was a pill that might help them stick around a little longer. Unless you think death is a good punishment for being fat or something.

Are you sure you're not a Liberal? Your argument is like those justifying all abortions because 1.3% of abortions are due to rape. The overwhelming VAST majority of these maladies and disease issues are due to lack of activity and exercise. Self-controlled. People too lazy or simply don't care to correct it and are looking for a quick fix while still inhaling Doritos.

For those who truly have a medical issue, a pill like that works wonders. There are those that no matter what amount of exercise they do, they need help. They are the minority by large however.

Jardiance is marketed to everyone overweight as the wonderdrug so they can still inhale Doritos.

Are you sure you're not a Liberal? Your argument is like those justifying all abortions because 1.3% of abortions are due to rape. The overwhelming VAST majority of these maladies and disease issues are due to lack of activity and exercise. Self-controlled. People too lazy or simply don't care to correct it and are looking for a quick fix while still inhaling Doritos.

For those who truly have a medical issue, a pill like that works wonders. There are those that no matter what amount of exercise they do, they need help. They are the minority by large however.

Jardiance is marketed to everyone overweight as the wonderdrug so they can still inhale Doritos.
You’re comparing killing unborn children with taking a weight loss drug? 🤣 Jardiance and Ozempic were developed to help people with diabetes. Which by the way isn’t only happening to obese people. My brother is a type 2 diabetic he’s a bit overweight but nowhere near obese. Some of it is genetic. My father wasn’t overweight at all, he was a type 2 diabetic (major alcoholic but that’s neither here nor there.) There are all kinds of reasons people are obese, physical ailments, poor eating habits since childhood, mental health disorders like depression, loss of mobility due to other issues, food addiction…you’re claiming the vast majority are just lazy pigs. In any case if there’s a drug that could help them get to a lower weight where they might be able to be healthier and more active, why on earth would that bother you? Because they aren’t as perfect as you?
And the Jardiance commercial you hate so much is focused mostly on lowering A1-C, not on “eat whatever you want and get skinny!” In fact these drugs affect appetite so hopefully could help people with changing up their eating habits. I doubt any doctor recommends these drugs and doesn’t recommend lifestyle changes to go with them.

Last edited:
Oh I can name 3 people in this thread that label us as anti-vaxxers for exactly that - if you question mRNA products, you're an anti-vaxxer.

It's as lazy as every Democrat calling anyone that disagrees with any of their policies "racists."
We’ve had this conversation before. I have used “anti-vax” as a shorthand in the context of vaccine misinformation whether it be Covid or other vaccines. Well aware that most people here are not opposed to vaccines in general. However much of the misinformation comes from people and sites that ARE anti-vax, and not just anti-Covid vax.

You’re comparing killing unborn children with taking a weight loss drug? 🤣 Jardiance and Ozempic were developed to help people with diabetes. Which by the way isn’t only happening to obese people. My brother is a type 2 diabetic he’s a bit overweight but nowhere near obese. Some of it is genetic. My father wasn’t overweight at all, he was a type 2 diabetic (major alcoholic but that’s neither here nor there.) There are all kinds of reasons people are obese, physical ailments, poor eating habits since childhood, mental health disorders like depression, loss of mobility due to other issues, food addiction…you’re claiming the vast majority are just lazy pigs. In any case if there’s a drug that could help them get to a lower weight where they might be able to be healthier and more active, why on earth would that bother you? Because they aren’t as perfect as you?
And the Jardiance commercial you hate so much is focused mostly on lowering A1-C, not on “eat whatever you want and get skinny!” In fact these drugs affect appetite so hopefully could help people with changing up their eating habits. I doubt any doctor recommends these drugs and doesn’t recommend lifestyle changes to go with them.
No he wasn't in the least. His comment is widely known as an analogy. An analogy most often consists of an entirely different and unrelated set of circumstances.

The majority of obese people are lazy pigs. It is the minority that have health related issues that causes their obesity.

In the majority of cases, obesity causes health issues, not the other way around.

Overweight means that you have extra body weight, and obesity means having a high amount of extra body fat. Being overweight or obese raises your risk for health problems. These include coronary heart disease, type 2 diabetes, asthma, high cholesterol, osteoarthritis, high blood pressure, sleep apnea, and certain types of cancer.

No he wasn't in the least. His comment is widely known as an analogy. An analogy most often consists of an entirely different and unrelated set of circumstances.

The majority of obese people are lazy pigs. It is the minority that have health related issues that causes their obesity.

In the majority of cases, obesity causes health issues, not the other way around.

Overweight means that you have extra body weight, and obesity means having a high amount of extra body fat. Being overweight or obese raises your risk for health problems. These include coronary heart disease, type 2 diabetes, asthma, high cholesterol, osteoarthritis, high blood pressure, sleep apnea, and certain types of cancer.
His analogy is basically making the point that taking a weight loss drug is something that needs to be “justified” as if it’s some sort of moral failing.
Do none of you have friends or family who are overweight or obese? You think they are all lazy pigs? I did not realize I was spending time among the perfectly fit of the world (fyi while I’m about 10 lbs overweight according to the medical charts, I do not have any medical conditions and do not take any drugs except a multivitamin and an occasional Advil. Just in case some of you are wondering if I’m taking this personally.

Uiyq8ta6-Y1-JS88-UWh-JWz-Wxws-Mb2-Rnax-Yi-AS-CWFt-OBk-1.webp

I suffer from depression, so f_ _ k off Tim.

Glad you guys and everyone you know and love are all such perfect specimens! Good for you.

Fat chicks are disgusting.
Fat men, eh, no big deal. (no pun intended.)

Pay attention to the marquee at the very beginning.
"NO FAT CHICKS "
Affirmation that fat chicks are disgusting.

Obesity is avoidable. 100% avoidable. You equate "slightly overweight" with the degree of corpulence that causes Type 2 diabetes. Wow, talk about apples and oranges. Hey, those are two things the obese don't eat!

And statements like, "If I just look at sugar it all comes right back on" is a refrain that is just not true. No, "looking" at food does not cause weight gain unless you mean look at it before scarfing down another 6 donuts.

The pill is a lie. Taking the pill does nothing - NOT ONE THING - to address the cause. Instead, it operates as an excuse. Doctors should refuse to give anybody the pill unless they show they will eat better and exercise. This pill is exactly like some medication that would delay somewhat the adverse effects from smoking. "Live longer while you kill yourself with cigarettes!"

And spare me your moral lecturing about being fat. You have zero clue - not one speck of a hint of a shadow of a clue - how difficult it is for a Type 1 diabetic to lose weight. See, it's like this - when we exercise, our blood sugar drops. If we don't consume calories to counteract that effect, we go into something that is dangerous and fatal for up to 10% of Type 1 diabetics called hypoglycemia, i.e., low blood sugar. So for me to lose weight, I am forced to balance burning calories with glucose intake to counterbalance low blood sugar with insulin intake to avoid hypoglycemia while still avoiding high blood sugars that long-term trigger blindness and death.

And my body mass is such that my bicep is bigger than my neck size, and I have to have suits custom fit because my chest is 16" bigger than my waist - and I turn 63 next month. If I can stay extremely fit, where exercise is a balancing act unlike any fat people will ever have to face, then nobody else can make an excuse sufficient to convince me they are fat because of something other than their lifestyle.

So when I hear fat people claim "it's genetics" or that they "gain weight just looking at ice cream cakes" as opposed to sitting on the couch and downing a quart of ice cream, I know the truth: fat people are fat due to poor diet and lack of sufficient exercise. That's it. Obese people are obese due to diet and lack of exercise. That's it. It really is. Making excuses does not help alcoholics or drug addicts or fat people.

So I say, "No thanks" to your "oh, I look at sweets and gain weight" claim. It's just not true and an excuse. You are not obese because you have a good diet and exercise. See how that works? But the refrain about "just looking at food" is a lie fat people tell themselves and others to excuse the fact they are fat or even obese. Time for fat people to stop making excuses, control their diet, exercise and not take a pill to fool themselves into thinking they are taking care of themselves.

End of rant.

I don’t think obese people should be allowed to vote…

Hey, manbun, you racist piece of ****, did you not know that the rate of obesity in a population is directly related to the number of people of color other than white or yellow in a population? That is, blacks are the most likely to be obese and Hispanics the second-most likely.

Obesity Data for Bigots Like Flogstain Manbun

You want to deny the people of color other than white and yellow the vote?!?!?! So get that white hood on and keep preaching, racist!!

Glad you guys and everyone you know and love are all such perfect specimens! Good for you.
Well, I'm certain we would all get a good laugh out of that. The percentage of the population that is overweight has increased dramatically over let's say the last 20 years. Why is that? I will agree that there is a certain genetic component to this and that everyone's metabolism slows as we age, but it can't be the only excuse. Some do struggle with weight no matter what, but our lifestyle contributes to the majority.

Just for fun, I pulled out my high school year book from 1969, and in my senior class of 275 kids, I could only identify 5 as being possibly overweight, and only one that appeared to be obese. It isn't that we ate better, at the time I didn't realize that we were poor and I ate what was put on the table, but we didn't consume as much. Heck, look at the size of a dinner plate from 50 years ago, they look like a salad plate today. And at the risk of sounding older than I am, well OK I am, we didn't vegetate in front of the TV all day, but were outside until sunset.

Obesity is avoidable. 100% avoidable. You equate "slightly overweight" with the degree of corpulence that causes Type 2 diabetes. Wow, talk about apples and oranges. Hey, those are two things the obese don't eat!

And statements like, "If I just look at sugar it all comes right back on" is a refrain that is just not true. No, "looking" at food does not cause weight gain unless you mean look at it before scarfing down another 6 donuts.

The pill is a lie. Taking the pill does nothing - NOT ONE THING - to address the cause. Instead, it operates as an excuse. Doctors should refuse to give anybody the pill unless they show they will eat better and exercise. This pill is exactly like some medication that would delay somewhat the adverse effects from smoking. "Live longer while you kill yourself with cigarettes!"

And spare me your moral lecturing about being fat. You have zero clue - not one speck of a hint of a shadow of a clue - how difficult it is for a Type 1 diabetic to lose weight. See, it's like this - when we exercise, our blood sugar drops. If we don't consume calories to counteract that effect, we go into something that is dangerous and fatal for up to 10% of Type 1 diabetics called hypoglycemia, i.e., low blood sugar. So for me to lose weight, I am forced to balance burning calories with glucose intake to counterbalance low blood sugar with insulin intake to avoid hypoglycemia while still avoiding high blood sugars that long-term trigger blindness and death.

And my body mass is such that my bicep is bigger than my neck size, and I have to have suits custom fit because my chest is 16" bigger than my waist - and I turn 63 next month. If I can stay extremely fit, where exercise is a balancing act unlike any fat people will ever have to face, then nobody else can make an excuse sufficient to convince me they are fat because of something other than their lifestyle.

So when I hear fat people claim "it's genetics" or that they "gain weight just looking at ice cream cakes" as opposed to sitting on the couch and downing a quart of ice cream, I know the truth: fat people are fat due to poor diet and lack of sufficient exercise. That's it. Obese people are obese due to diet and lack of exercise. That's it. It really is. Making excuses does not help alcoholics or drug addicts or fat people.

So I say, "No thanks" to your "oh, I look at sweets and gain weight" claim. It's just not true and an excuse. You are not obese because you have a good diet and exercise. See how that works? But the refrain about "just looking at food" is a lie fat people tell themselves and others to excuse the fact they are fat or even obese. Time for fat people to stop making excuses, control their diet, exercise and not take a pill to fool themselves into thinking they are taking care of themselves.

End of rant.
You are the exception to the rule Jimmy, good for you. We live in a country where we are tempted by food on every corner. As I pointed out, it wasn't always that way.

Hey, manbun, you racist piece of ****, did you not know that the rate of obesity in a population is directly related to the number of people of color other than white or yellow in a population? That is, blacks are the most likely to be obese and Hispanics the second-most likely.

Obesity Data for Bigots Like Flogstain Manbun

You want to deny the people of color other than white and yellow the vote?!?!?! So get that white hood on and keep preaching, racist!!
List of people who mentioned race:

Steeltime

And of course you're wrong:

“Directly related” 😂 so trite and commonly used by ignorant tools making **** up.

No way are you a lawyer. No way!

Many of the people who wrote that “study” are not just anti Covid vax, they are antivaxx in general.
Say, if a fellow was looking, where would he find a statistical list of the most beneficial vaxxes and the most harmful ones? TIA

Last edited: