• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Covid Vaccine

Beautiful piece by Berenson.

Four years in, the New York Times ALMOST tells the truth about Covid and the mRNAs

It admits all the reasons Covid made everyone so furious. Except the most important one. So close, yet so far.

The New York Times was almost honest about Covid yesterday.

The key word being almost.

March is the season for Covid remembrances. On Sunday the Times ran a honker. Three reporters, 2,100 words. When I worked there, the Times internally called this kind of article an “All Known Thought” piece. Maybe it still does, I don’t know.

The piece’s headline was “How a Pandemic Malaise Is Shaping American Politics.” Its thesis was that although no one talks about Covid anymore, everyone is still furious:

Public confidence in institutions — the presidency, public schools, the criminal justice system, the news media, Congress — slumped in surveys in the aftermath of the pandemic and has yet to recover. The pandemic hardened voter distrust in government…
The article went on to list the reasons people are angry: how school closures hurt kids and lockdowns hurt cities, the stress families endured, how differing views on shutdowns exacerbated tensions between Democrats and Republicans.

Yet the piece never mentioned the most truly corrosive factor, even as three little words deep in the piece gave the game away:

[Dr. Mary Elizabeth Christian’s] parents, who were vaccinated, broke their isolation for a dinner to celebrate their 62nd wedding anniversary in July 2021. Within three days, they both tested positive. They died within two days of each other that August.
Dr. Christian’s parents were vaccinated. They got Covid and died anyway.

Because the mRNAs failed.

At best, the two-shot regimen provided a few months of protection in 2021 against the original variant of Covid (ignoring the fact the first shot temporarily increased the risk of infection).

The first booster added, perhaps, a few weeks of protection.

Everything since has been useless, the drug version of the mask mandates and lockdowns and test-and-trace public health theater that made 2020 unbearable. At a high price, too. The mRNAs seriously injured or killed many people who received them. How many? I don’t know, and I won’t guess, but the number is not trivial. They caused many more people to suffer for days or weeks with severe side effects.

And they do not work.

They do not provide lasting protection. Across the mRNA countries, the biggest Covid wave came when Omicron hit in early 2022, long after most adults were jabbed.

By 2023, Omicron had infected nearly everyone, vaccinated or not. It made Covid endemic, a contagious but relatively mild infection most of us will get several times.

Omicron’s relative lack of virulence did the world - and the vaccine fanatics - a great favor. As overall Covid deaths dropped, vaccinators argued the mRNAs helped against serious disease even after they failed against infection. That theory is almost certainly untrue, and the studies that show it are hopelessly tainted by a statistical artifact called “healthy vaccine user bias.”

What would have happened if Delta or similarly virulent variants had continued to circulate in 2022 as the mRNAs failed? We will never know, but based on fragmentary evidence from late 2021, I suspect deaths would have remained so high that even mRNA fanatics had to admit the complete failure of the jabs.

In any event, the grand promises the vaccinators and public health authorities made the world in 2021, when they claimed the mRNAs would defeat if not eradicate Covid, were wrong. Even they can’t dispute that fact, so they simply ignore it. My tweet of Aug. 28, 2021, the infamous post that got me knocked off Twitter, couldn’t have been more accurate:

https%3A%2F%2Fsubstack-post-media.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2F32fd146a-9472-4cbb-9c74-f9e123856cfd_1170x1105.jpeg

Everyone knows this now, which is why so few people took the mRNAs in 2023, not just in the United States but in countries like Australia and Japan that had near-complete compliance with the initial regimen.

In most other countries, the vaccinators have come to partial terms with this failure. They may not have admitted it openly, but they have modified their recommendations to discourage or even ban most adults under 65 from getting more mRNA shots.

Only in the United States have the vaccinators refused to bend to reality. Last fall, the Centers for Disease Control tried to press mRNA boosters on everyone over six months old - a bizarre recommendation, given Omicron’s mildness in children.

Until the CDC and other public health authorities come clean about the fact that the jabs did not work as promised, confidence in all government institutions is likely to continue to erode.

But of course the Times cannot admit this fact, much less properly investigate the mRNAs. It has been carrying water for the vaccinators for three-plus years.

So it will continue to look around, puzzled, as its credibility erodes alongside the institutions it supposedly covers as a watchdog.

https://substackcdn.com/image/fetch...6a-9472-4cbb-9c74-f9e123856cfd_1170x1105.jpeg

That’s just hospitalizations, not overall morbidity. My point stands.

You are mistaken. The article contains TWO separate charts - one for hospitalizations vax/shotz vs. unvaxxed and a second for deaths vax/shotz vs. unvaxxed.

You once again prove you did not read your own article.

You are mistaken. The article contains TWO separate charts - one for hospitalizations vax/shotz vs. unvaxxed and a second for deaths vax/shotz vs. unvaxxed.

ze never reads a goddamned thing

Uh, hospitalizations represent morbidity, deaths represent mortality. People call off sick, someone else has to call off dead for them.

What makes you think that? It’s not like people wait days in line for the first vaccines. I didn’t get the Shingles vaccine until last fall.
You do realize that people waited days in line for those first vaccines, because we were all told that they actually were vaccines, don't you?

Uh, hospitalizations represent morbidity, deaths represent mortality. People call off sick, someone else has to call off dead for them.

You are just being obstinate. The ONLY possible justification for forcing the vax/shotz on healthy people under age 65 - which describes almost all police, firefighters and military - would be illness forcing them off work longer than not having vax/shotz, i.e., hospitalization. Did not have vax/shotz and get the Chinese flu? Can't go to work. Had the vax/shotz and got the Chinese flu? Can't go to work for the same amount of time.

So again, the claim that it made any sense, at all, in any respect, to fire tens of thousands of police, firefighters and military because 0.006% of them might need hospitalization or 0.0015% might die is simply insane. The fact you cannot simply acknowledge that undeniable truth says all we need to know about your Covid worship.

I get it. You loved the lockdowns. You didn't miss a paycheck, and traffic? Hoo-boy, it was AWESOME.

But the rest of us - and I mean ALL of us - know that the Covidians were wrong about everything: closing small businesses, shutting gyms, the fictional "6 feet," the cloth masks, the isolation, the church closures, the school closures, the trillions wasted on the insanity, the vaccines, the forced vaccines, the firings, the threats to those who refused to get the shot, all of it. You are now simply refusing to admit the mistakes even when data YOU cite shows the "risk" to those under 65 and without a co-morbidity like obesity (that's you, Floggy) or diabetes (that's me) was miniscule.

Beautiful piece by Berenson.

Four years in, the New York Times ALMOST tells the truth about Covid and the mRNAs

It admits all the reasons Covid made everyone so furious. Except the most important one. So close, yet so far.

The New York Times was almost honest about Covid yesterday.

The key word being almost.

March is the season for Covid remembrances. On Sunday the Times ran a honker. Three reporters, 2,100 words. When I worked there, the Times internally called this kind of article an “All Known Thought” piece. Maybe it still does, I don’t know.

The piece’s headline was “How a Pandemic Malaise Is Shaping American Politics.” Its thesis was that although no one talks about Covid anymore, everyone is still furious:

Public confidence in institutions — the presidency, public schools, the criminal justice system, the news media, Congress — slumped in surveys in the aftermath of the pandemic and has yet to recover. The pandemic hardened voter distrust in government…
The article went on to list the reasons people are angry: how school closures hurt kids and lockdowns hurt cities, the stress families endured, how differing views on shutdowns exacerbated tensions between Democrats and Republicans.

Yet the piece never mentioned the most truly corrosive factor, even as three little words deep in the piece gave the game away:

[Dr. Mary Elizabeth Christian’s] parents, who were vaccinated, broke their isolation for a dinner to celebrate their 62nd wedding anniversary in July 2021. Within three days, they both tested positive. They died within two days of each other that August.
Dr. Christian’s parents were vaccinated. They got Covid and died anyway.

Because the mRNAs failed.

At best, the two-shot regimen provided a few months of protection in 2021 against the original variant of Covid (ignoring the fact the first shot temporarily increased the risk of infection).

The first booster added, perhaps, a few weeks of protection.

Everything since has been useless, the drug version of the mask mandates and lockdowns and test-and-trace public health theater that made 2020 unbearable. At a high price, too. The mRNAs seriously injured or killed many people who received them. How many? I don’t know, and I won’t guess, but the number is not trivial. They caused many more people to suffer for days or weeks with severe side effects.

And they do not work.

They do not provide lasting protection. Across the mRNA countries, the biggest Covid wave came when Omicron hit in early 2022, long after most adults were jabbed.

By 2023, Omicron had infected nearly everyone, vaccinated or not. It made Covid endemic, a contagious but relatively mild infection most of us will get several times.

Omicron’s relative lack of virulence did the world - and the vaccine fanatics - a great favor. As overall Covid deaths dropped, vaccinators argued the mRNAs helped against serious disease even after they failed against infection. That theory is almost certainly untrue, and the studies that show it are hopelessly tainted by a statistical artifact called “healthy vaccine user bias.”

What would have happened if Delta or similarly virulent variants had continued to circulate in 2022 as the mRNAs failed? We will never know, but based on fragmentary evidence from late 2021, I suspect deaths would have remained so high that even mRNA fanatics had to admit the complete failure of the jabs.

In any event, the grand promises the vaccinators and public health authorities made the world in 2021, when they claimed the mRNAs would defeat if not eradicate Covid, were wrong. Even they can’t dispute that fact, so they simply ignore it. My tweet of Aug. 28, 2021, the infamous post that got me knocked off Twitter, couldn’t have been more accurate:

https%3A%2F%2Fsubstack-post-media.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2F32fd146a-9472-4cbb-9c74-f9e123856cfd_1170x1105.jpeg

Everyone knows this now, which is why so few people took the mRNAs in 2023, not just in the United States but in countries like Australia and Japan that had near-complete compliance with the initial regimen.

In most other countries, the vaccinators have come to partial terms with this failure. They may not have admitted it openly, but they have modified their recommendations to discourage or even ban most adults under 65 from getting more mRNA shots.

Only in the United States have the vaccinators refused to bend to reality. Last fall, the Centers for Disease Control tried to press mRNA boosters on everyone over six months old - a bizarre recommendation, given Omicron’s mildness in children.

Until the CDC and other public health authorities come clean about the fact that the jabs did not work as promised, confidence in all government institutions is likely to continue to erode.

But of course the Times cannot admit this fact, much less properly investigate the mRNAs. It has been carrying water for the vaccinators for three-plus years.

So it will continue to look around, puzzled, as its credibility erodes alongside the institutions it supposedly covers as a watchdog.

https://substackcdn.com/image/fetch/f_auto,q_auto:good,fl_progressive:steep/https://substack-post-media.s3.amazonaws.com/public/images/32fd146a-9472-4cbb-9c74-f9e123856cfd_1170x1105.jpeg
You can tell it is a scam, like you could 3 years ago, because they continue to sell the lie.

And the sheep continue to buy in and defend......just read this thread.

Assfucked Floggy bleating " thank you sir, may I have another" on every single page......

You do realize that people waited days in line for those first vaccines, because we were all told that they actually were vaccines, don't you?
With all due respect: anyone observing knew that there was no possible way that the phase 1 and 2 clinical work could have possibly been done, so this is where the fraud from the makers and the government became about the money.

Anyone who utilized their faith in public health officials got abused because THEY WERE LIED TO.

You are just being obstinate. The ONLY possible justification for forcing the vax/shotz on healthy people under age 65 - which describes almost all police, firefighters and military - would be illness forcing them off work longer than not having vax/shotz, i.e., hospitalization. Did not have vax/shotz and get the Chinese flu? Can't go to work. Had the vax/shotz and got the Chinese flu? Can't go to work for the same amount of time.

So again, the claim that it made any sense, at all, in any respect, to fire tens of thousands of police, firefighters and military because 0.006% of them might need hospitalization or 0.0015% might die is simply insane. The fact you cannot simply acknowledge that undeniable truth says all we need to know about your Covid worship.

I get it. You loved the lockdowns. You didn't miss a paycheck, and traffic? Hoo-boy, it was AWESOME.

But the rest of us - and I mean ALL of us - know that the Covidians were wrong about everything: closing small businesses, shutting gyms, the fictional "6 feet," the cloth masks, the isolation, the church closures, the school closures, the trillions wasted on the insanity, the vaccines, the forced vaccines, the firings, the threats to those who refused to get the shot, all of it. You are now simply refusing to admit the mistakes even when data YOU cite shows the "risk" to those under 65 and without a co-morbidity like obesity (that's you, Floggy) or diabetes (that's me) was miniscule.
FFS, so the only way people call off sick is if they’re hospitalized? Nonsense.

Flogtard, are you still following the arrows in the grocery store aisles? if not, why not? if it's because the arrows were removed, why haven't you petitioned to put them back?

FFS, so the only way people call off sick is if they’re hospitalized? Nonsense.

Good heavens, Dr. Flogstain, the following are irrefutably true:

200w.gif

Flogtard, are you still following the arrows in the grocery store aisles? if not, why not? if it's because the arrows were removed, why haven't you petitioned to put them back?
That was the dumbest thing ever. "You won't get the flu if everyone moves in the same direction, under the same roof." ******* moronic sheep.

Good heavens, Dr. Flogstain, the following are irrefutably true:

200w.gif
Again, why are you telling ME this?

Fame and fortune awaits, go for it!

Did I mention the Alex Jones documentary on HBO?

Fame and fortune awaits, go for it!

you know who's obsessed with Alex Jones?

left wing extremists. like yourself.

What, like Tim with Lester Holt and Rachel Maddow?
are you still following the arrows in the grocery store aisles? if not, why not? if it's because the arrows were removed, why haven't you petitioned to put them back?

are you still following the arrows in the grocery store aisles? if not, why not? if it's because the arrows were removed, why haven't you petitioned to put them back?

A reliable source tells me that Dr. Flogstain is no longer wearing a mask!

MURDERER!!

You do realize this is the only place you’ll find anyone discussing Covid or the vaccines, right? You Karens can’t get over it and it amuses me so.

You do realize this is the only place you’ll find anyone discussing Covid or the vaccines, right? You Karens can’t get over it and it amuses me so.
again, i ask you ... are you still following the arrows in the grocery store aisles while dragging your dead dog? if not, why not? if it's because the arrows were removed, why haven't you petitioned to put them back?

Uhh, because YOU tried to claim that the vax/shotz mandate to the healthiest population in the United States - cops, firefighters, military - that led to tens of thousands of those people getting pushed out of their jobs supposedly made sense because serious illness/hospitalization but after I showed why that claim is demonstrably false you switched to sick leave, so I demonstrated why that claim is demonstrably wrong as well. You are devoid of any rational argument so as expected, you then ranted in some complete non sequitur about ...

Supernatural-Jensen-Ackles-Dean-Winchester-Confused-GIF_470982_1.gif

remember when people were forced to get the shot to keep their jobs?
remember how those people who were forced to get the shot to keep their jobs were replaced by illegal immigrants who may or may not be immunized?
thats called Build Back Bettererest.

That was the dumbest thing ever. "You won't get the flu if everyone moves in the same direction, under the same roof." ******* moronic sheep.
Wife refused to go with me to Walmart during the "pandemic" as I wouldn't always follow the arrows and people had their collective panties in a bunch telling me I was going the wrong way. I would simply respond with "piss off" while grabbing my **** and moving on. My sweet wife was so embarrassed. Felt bad about that part.

Your lack of awareness is sometimes - often - astonishing. For at least THREE PLUS YEARS, those of us posting in this thread have argued that masks don't work, the lockdowns make no sense, the vax mandates are inane, shutting down schools made no sense, shutting gyms was crazy, forcing mask wearing outdoors was crazy to an even greater degree, the vax does not work as promised, the 6 feet thing was a fiction, the Chinese flu probably came from a lab, and we were lied to about everything - E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G - related to the Chinese flu.

Now that the evidence proves conclusively that all you squealing Covid ninnies were wrong about everything, you claim, "Oh, what is it with you Karens and Covid? Pfft, we are so past that." Nope, we are not going to forget.

Wife refused to go with me to Walmart during the "pandemic" as I wouldn't always follow the arrows and people had their collective panties in a bunch telling me I was going the wrong way. I would simply respond with "piss off" while grabbing my **** and moving on. My sweet wife was so embarrassed. Felt bad about that part.
shoulda been dragging a dog behind you. preferably dead. like Flog did be do.