• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Dallas

I despise double-standards wherever they are and in whatever form they take.

I may need to call in sick that day. I work about a block from Michigan's state capitol.

good plan

Scott Air Force Base posts warning over possible ‘Day of Rage’ in St. Louis

ST. LOUIS, MO KTVI – Scott Air Force Base has posted a warning to Facebook about a protest this Friday at the St. Louis Arch. The “Day of Rage” protests are planned at the same time in cities across the United States. Anonymous is calling for protests on Friday, July 15th to stand with the Black Lives Matter movement.

Scott Air Force Base posted this message to Facebook:

“Please be advised that the Air Force Office of Special Investigations has posted a safety warning not to be at the Gateway Arch in St. Louis, at 6 p.m. on Friday, July 15 due to potential protests and criminal activity. Please be safe and avoid this area during that time.”

http://fox2now.com/2016/07/14/scott...warning-over-day-of-rage-protest-in-st-louis/

good plan

Scott Air Force Base posts warning over possible ‘Day of Rage’ in St. Louis

ST. LOUIS, MO KTVI – Scott Air Force Base has posted a warning to Facebook about a protest this Friday at the St. Louis Arch. The “Day of Rage” protests are planned at the same time in cities across the United States. Anonymous is calling for protests on Friday, July 15th to stand with the Black Lives Matter movement.

Scott Air Force Base posted this message to Facebook:

“Please be advised that the Air Force Office of Special Investigations has posted a safety warning not to be at the Gateway Arch in St. Louis, at 6 p.m. on Friday, July 15 due to potential protests and criminal activity. Please be safe and avoid this area during that time.”

http://fox2now.com/2016/07/14/scott...warning-over-day-of-rage-protest-in-st-louis/

Stay the hell off of the MetroLink as well.

Maybe we should have a day of rage. Not a white thing, but rather supporting our men/women in blue and rage against the pieces of **** they try and protect us from.
You would have the full weight of the federal government shutting that racist **** down yesterday.

the world is just getting crazy and crazier..... how can anyone think we jus need the same old same old,,, we need change vote Trump

**** not hope and change.

I'm only 52. Up until I was 5 or so (late 60's), when many people had indoor running water, we lived in a tin roof house with a pump outside and took a bath in a galvanized tub. White privilege can kiss my hairy, white ***.

We were homeless for about a year. Good times. I remember looking in the empty fridge and the cabinet had a can of salmon in it. That's all. Neighbors would feed us while my mom was at work because they knew we were hungry. I knew from about 11-12 years old that college was the way out of the cycle.

Maybe we should have a day of rage. Not a white thing, but rather supporting our men/women in blue and rage against the pieces of **** they try and protect us from.

I support the majority of the men in blue, but let's not pretend there aren't some bad apples out there, beating people up and shooting folks unnecessarily. There is NO DOUBT that cops were getting worse and worse with the instances of brutality and they should be punished with crimes when they do so.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jom...outube.com/watch?v=jom3ttAHf2M&has_verified=1

To blindly "support" either side is ignorant. People killing cops are wrong. Cops using unnecessary/lethal force is also criminal. You have to view it case by case and not blindly support either party.

I support the majority of the men in blue, but let's not pretend there aren't some bad apples out there, beating people up and shooting folks unnecessarily. There is NO DOUBT that cops were getting worse and worse with the instances of brutality and they should be punished with crimes when they do so.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jom...outube.com/watch?v=jom3ttAHf2M&has_verified=1

To blindly "support" either side is ignorant. People killing cops are wrong. Cops using unnecessary/lethal force is also criminal. You have to view it case by case and not blindly support either party.

I don't know if in fact police are "getting worse" in terms of race relations, or if instead the advent of cell phone videos and the increasing population size accounts for the greater frequency of reporting of such instances.

And of course, some police officers misuse their authority, up to and including inflicting harm or even killing citizens. The question is, "Is this a problem that is endemic and widespread as BLM believes, or simply a matter of 50 or 250 or 1,250 officers out of 75,000?"

The obsession with "bad cops" and any shooting of an "unarmed" African-American male is really no different than suggesting that the Dallas nut job somehow represents the African-American point of view. Until we understand that the violent extremes are the very rare exception, then I doubt much progress will occur.

I think the solution is simple. Sure black lives matter. (as do ALL lives) So, #1 stop killing each other and #2 quit breaking the law and then you won't have to be confronted by the police.

We were homeless for about a year. Good times. I remember looking in the empty fridge and the cabinet had a can of salmon in it. That's all. Neighbors would feed us while my mom was at work because they knew we were hungry. I knew from about 11-12 years old that college was the way out of the cycle.
loser! obviously you didnt have one of these:

white-priviledge-card.jpg

A long time ago, someone posted a video on Steeler Nation of cops getting shot during routine traffic stops (caught on dash board cameras).

Does anyone still have access to a video like that?

I think it's important we realize the random acts of violence that police officers have to consider every time they approach or deal with the public.

A long time ago, someone posted a video on Steeler Nation of cops getting shot during routine traffic stops (caught on dash board cameras).

I think it's important we realize the random acts of violence that police officers have to consider every time they approach or deal with the public.

there's rumor of this thing called UTube. or YouToob.
Found this on LiveLeak

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.liveleak.com/ll_embed?f=6341c74becc6" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

That is some crazy ****. You probably have plenty of drive after that.

there's rumor of this thing called UTube. or YouToob.
Found this on LiveLeak

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.liveleak.com/ll_embed?f=6341c74becc6" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

He didn't need to shoot him 8 times. That was murder.

I don't know if in fact police are "getting worse" in terms of race relations, or if instead the advent of cell phone videos and the increasing population size accounts for the greater frequency of reporting of such instances.

And of course, some police officers misuse their authority, up to and including inflicting harm or even killing citizens. The question is, "Is this a problem that is endemic and widespread as BLM believes, or simply a matter of 50 or 250 or 1,250 officers out of 75,000?"

The obsession with "bad cops" and any shooting of an "unarmed" African-American male is really no different than suggesting that the Dallas nut job somehow represents the African-American point of view. Until we understand that the violent extremes are the very rare exception, then I doubt much progress will occur.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_killings_by_law_enforcement_officers_in_th e_United_States

In 2009, only 64 people were killed by cops.

By 2014 626 people were killed by cops (and then it dropped to 393 the next year).

In a 5 year span, the number of people killed by cops grew 1000%. I'd say that is a bad trend.

Cops have too itchy of trigger fingers far too often.

In some cases, they don't shoot people to death, they BEAT people to death. Pretty hard to justify those murders.

This dude was beat to death for no reason. This was cold blooded murder and the cops walked scott free.

Not what you were looking for, but an interesting video.

Not what you were looking for, but an interesting video.

That's a great video. Respect to the activist leader for doing this. He was willing to learn, and did.