• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Dallas

Crowell posted a pic of a cop with his throat being slashed. Don't see how that is OK in any way. That goes way beyond just a twitter rant. Could you imagine if Ben posted a picture of some black man hanging from a tree?
As for miss Alabama her post was ridiculous. She did not know anything about the cops who died. They were more than likely totally innocent people and good cops. Wonder how sad she feels when blacks kill other blacks..Justice for her would be for her to get robbed and beat up by another black person with a white cop driving by waving at her. I used to wonder how ISIS could recruit and covert Americans but with posts / people like her I can see how it happens

Eh I don't know...part of me can agree with that I guess. But another part says they chose to put their inner ugliness out there for the world to see so they deserve whatever professional and personal consequences they get. But then again maybe I'm not the best person to comment on it since I've never had any dealings with social media and don't have a good understanding of posting etiquette as far as extreme opinions and how much is normal to share with the world at large.

I'm with ya. The right to free speech doesn't mean the right to no consequences. Seems like, however, some companies are more willing to just fire/suspend someone due to media pressure than to actually think.

I'd expect my company to fire me if I did some ridiculous rant on facebook, twitter or instagram. Fortunately, all of my posts are brilliant commentary on society.

Look, all of this has an agenda.

1.) Destroy the 2nd amd. and take our abilities to defend ourselves from the upcoming tyranny.

2.) To create a police state where the cops can be total thugs and we can't do anything about it.

It is power obvious that this agenda is being sought. Wake up.

Under Obama, all these events have skyrocketed. He is serving the globalists. And their aim is to destroy a free America. Period.

I'd expect my company to fire me if I did some ridiculous rant on facebook, twitter or instagram. Fortunately, all of my posts are brilliant commentary on society.

More fortunately, you tell all your co-workers and boss that you are Steeltime on this forum, not that ******* ark steel. You then sit around with the co-workers and laugh about that dummy, ark steel, and how well you [Steeltime] summarized an issue and skewered the opposition.

Then you move on to laughing about that guy Superman and his comments ...

The same people who mouth off and aggressively fight the cops when they are being arrested are the same ones who mouthed off and aggressively fought their teachers when they got in trouble at school and the same ones who mouth off and aggressively fight against anyone else on the street who "disrespects" them. It's a pattern of behavior that unfortunately sometimes ends with the use of lethal force when it happens with police....and with random people on the street for that matter. There are overzealous and power mongering cops out there no doubt....I've dealt with a couple myself. However, I refuse to believe that there are cops out patrolling the street specifically looking for black people to murder.
That bad behavior starts young and is not corrected often enough. Visited the Carnegie Science Center today with my kids and they could not believe how poorly behaved a group of kids from some summer camp behaved. Obviously from a predominantly black area of Pittsburgh. Third and fourth graders. A lot of throwing **** around, taking things from other kids in the play areas, just being a general pain in the ***. That is where the problem starts - bad parenting. Why isn't anyone talking about that?

That bad behavior starts young and is not corrected often enough. Visited the Carnegie Science Center today with my kids and they could not believe how poorly behaved a group of kids from some summer camp behaved. Obviously from a predominantly black area of Pittsburgh. Third and fourth graders. A lot of throwing **** around, taking things from other kids in the play areas, just being a general pain in the ***. That is where the problem starts - bad parenting. Why isn't anyone talking about that?

That is the black inner city culture. Intimidation, defiance of authority, especially police...it's taught from a young age.
And they wonder why they can't make progress as a race.

Eh... she's entitled to her opinion.

We're way too oversensitive to words right now. I don't wish harm on her for her opinions even if they are ignorant and show her lack of intelligence. She has every right in the society I want to live it to verbalize her thinking and not be punished for it (via her job her career or anything). If anything that's just an opportunity to discuss WHY she has it wrong.

This happens ALL the time now. Curt Schilling gets fired from ESPN because he's a hard core right-winger and elected to vocalize his beliefs. Isaiah Crowell is getting crucified (and some calling for him to be released) in Cleveland because of his stupid twitter post of a dead cop. Brent Grimes is in trouble because of what his wife is posting on twitter.

It's stupid.

There are SO MANY people working right next to you, right this instant that if they actually verbalized what they are thinking would probably make your skin crawl or strongly disagree or whatever, but why as a society do we have to demand "restitution" for saying something dumb? Who decides this restitution and how much is "good enough"?

This is the exact concept of "thought police" that is taking over our country and causing people in all walks of life to stop talking with each other and instead internalize (or worse yet seek out like minded people that reinforces their mistaken beliefs). Talking with the opposite opinion is the only way thoughts can be fully debated and formed. And unfortunately we don't talk voice-to-voice anymore as we talk twitter post-to-twitter post or message board post-to-message board post.

That's why I think we should, as a society, give LARGE leeway into what people post on social media before decided they deserve "damage" from society.

I don't know either, Del. Part of the problem today is you can say whatever you want with no repercussions. Therefore, there is no responsibility for what you say. People just aren't learning that today.

I laugh when I think about when the Steelers beat the Cowboys in 10. I was in the 6th grade, but for some reason was at the same bus stop with kids in high school. Doesn't make sense now, but I cannot remember why. Anyway, there was a kid in high school, big Cowboy fan. I came down to the bus stop Monday morning spouting off. He punched me right in the mouth. I didn't wah, wah to my parents because they would have told me I deserved it for mouthing off. You weren't going to tell, because then you were a snitch. So you took it, and had another learning experience about not saying whatever the hell comes to mind. We desperately need some self-control, some think before we act in this country right now.

So while I agree with the idea that you shouldn't lose your job, I maybe wish that if someone says something incredibly stupid and takes a punch in the mouth, the puncher wouldn't have to fear a lawsuit. I know that is kind of childish, but oh well.

What pisses me off is that no national media outlet will feature it because it doesn't feed into the narrative of racial divides, inequality or white privilege. It should be the first story anyone sees. It's a story of hope, a story of human beings overcoming negativity and joining together......and they have no room for that so not a lot of people of all races will see it and maybe have a change of heart. ******* media slime. Hopefully that video will take off on Social Media at least and reach the masses. It needs to be shown everywhere because anything that has even a slight chance of stopping this hate fest that is going on in our country right now should be featured....instead the negativity and hate is being featured and fueled to keep up the narrative every day by these complicit *************.

^^^
This

Society is capable of good. But how many people are able to grow up and tolerate differences? I'm someone who doesn't get pissed off easily. I'll admit I do my share of bashing the liberal culture, it's not so much the protesting(they have the freedom) it's how violent they get. In turn you piss off the right wing extremists and as a result you get this division and hate, which sells story lines for media. I think there are a lot of moments like the positive one we are talking about. But like you said, it doesn't get mentioned

Quit being racist.

^^^
This

Society is capable of good. But how many people are able to grow up and tolerate differences? I'm someone who doesn't get pissed off easily. I'll admit I do my share of bashing the liberal culture, it's not so much the protesting(they have the freedom) it's how violent they get. In turn you piss off the right wing extremists and as a result you get this division and hate, which sells story lines for media. I think there are a lot of moments like the positive one we are talking about. But like you said, it doesn't get mentioned

I agree with your point, but take issue with this word usage. That has been thrown around and it is just accepted. The far bigger problem today is with left wing extremists. Why is it that only the right wing gets called extremists?

That is the black inner city culture. Intimidation, defiance of authority, especially police...it's taught from a young age.
And they wonder why they can't make progress as a race.

And they belittle their own when one decides to break the cycle and succeed. It's sad.

DAY OF RAGE #BlackLivesMatter Protests Set for Friday in 37 US Cities

day-of-rage-575x324.jpg

Anonymous released this message....

Use this as a list of places NOT to be on Friday the 15th.

Phoenix: 5:00PM (EASTLAKE PARK, 1549 E Jefferson St , Phoenix, AZ 85034)

Tuscon: 5:00PM (CATALINA PARK, 900 N 4th Avenue, Tucson, AZ 85705)

Little Rock: 6:00PM (OUTSIDE STATE CAPITOL BUILDING, Dr Martin Luther King Jr Dr., Little Rock, AR 72201)

San Francisco: 4:00PM (CIVIC CENTER PLAZA, 355 Mcallister St, San Francisco, California 94102)

Oakland: 4:00PM (FRANK OGAWA PLAZA, 1 Frank H Ogawa Plaza, Oakland, CA 94612)

Los Angeles: 4:00PM (LEIMERT PLAZA PARK, 4395 Leimert Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90008)

Denver: 5:00PM (CIVIC CENTER PARK, 100 W 14th Ave Pkwy, Denver, Colorado 80204)

Washington DC: 7:00PM (OUTSIDE WHITE HOUSE, 1600 PennsylvaniaAve NW, Washington, DC 20500)

Atlanta: 7:00PM (OLD DECATUR COURTHOUSE, 101 E Court Sq, Decatur, GA 30030)

Tampa: 7:00PM (OUTSIDE HILLSBOROUGH COURTHOUSE, 800 E Twiggs St, Tampa, FL)

Orlando: 7:00PM (LAKE EOLA PARK, 195 N Rosalind Ave, Orlando, Florida 32801)

Miami: 7:00PM (GWEN CHERRY PARK, NW 71 St., Miami, Florida, 33147)

Chicago: 6:00PM (RICHARD J DALEY CENTER, 50 W Washington St, Chicago, Illinois 60602)

Des Moines: 6:00PM (IOWA STATE CAPITOL, 1007 E Grand Ave, Des Moines, IA 50319)

New Orleans: 6:00PM (LAFAYETTE SQUARE, New Orleans, LA 70130)

Baltimore: 7:00PM (201 E Pratt St, Baltimore, MD 21202)

Boston: 7:00PM (MASSACHUSETTS STATE HOUSE, 24 Beacon St, Boston, MA 01233)

Detroit: 7:00PM (Campus Martius Park, Detroit, Michigan 48226)

Lansing: 7:00PM (STATE CAPITOL BUILDING, Capitol Avenue at Michigan Avenue, Lansing, MI 48933)

Ann Arbor: 7:00PM (THE DIAG, Burns Park, Ann Arbor, MI 48109)

Minneapolis: 6:00PM (MINNEAPOLIS URBAN LEAGUE, 2100 Plymouth Ave N, Minneapolis, MN 55411

St. Louis: 6:00PM (GATEWAY ARCH, St. Louis 63102)

Carson City: 4:00PM (NEVADA STATE CAPITOL BUILDING, 101 N Carson St, Carson City, Nevada 89701)

Manhattan, NY: 7:00PM (TIMES SQUARE, Manhattan, NY, 10036)

Newark: 7:00PM (NEWARK CITY HALL, 920 Broad Street, Newark, New Jersey 07102)

Durham: 7:00PM (200 E. Main St. Durham, North Carolina)

Columbus: 7:00PM (GOODALE PARK, Columbus, Ohio 43215)

Cleveland: 7:00PM (CLEVELAND PUBLIC LIBRARY, 325 Superior Ave E, Cleveland, Ohio 44114)

Portland: 4:00PM (PIONEER COURTHOUSE SQUARE, 701 SW 6th Ave, Portland, Oregon 97204)

Philadelphia: 7:00PM (LOVE PARK, 1599 John F Kennedy Blvd, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19102)

Pittsburgh: 7:00PM (PITTSBURGH CITY-COUNTY BUILDING, 414 Grant St, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15219)

Nashville: 6:00PM (801 Broadway Nashville, TN 37203 Estes Kefauver Federal Building)

Memphis: 6:00PM (Health Sciences Park Memphis, TN)

Austin: 6:00PM (TEXAS STATE CAPITOL, Outside South Gate-11th and Congress Ave.)

Salt Lake City: 5:00PM (SALT LAKE CITY COMMUNITY COLLEGE, 4600 S Redwood Rd, Salt Lake City, Utah 84123)

Seattle: 4:00PM (QUEEN ANNE BAPTIST CHURCH, 2011 1st Ave N, Seattle, Washington 98109)

Milwaukee: 5:00PM (DINEEN PARK, Milwaukee, Wisconsin)

Not day of CHANGE or day of PROGRESS. Day of RAGE...that shows you the mindset. Enough said.

day-of-rage-575x324.jpg

Little Rock: 6:00PM (OUTSIDE STATE CAPITOL BUILDING, Dr Martin Luther King Jr Dr., Little Rock, AR 72201)

San Francisco: 4:00PM (CIVIC CENTER PLAZA, 355 Mcallister St, San Francisco, California 94102)

Los Angeles: 4:00PM (LEIMERT PLAZA PARK, 4395 Leimert Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90008)

Washington DC: 7:00PM (OUTSIDE WHITE HOUSE, 1600 PennsylvaniaAve NW, Washington, DC 20500)

Chicago: 6:00PM (RICHARD J DALEY CENTER, 50 W Washington St, Chicago, Illinois 60602)

Lansing: 7:00PM (STATE CAPITOL BUILDING, Capitol Avenue at Michigan Avenue, Lansing, MI 48933)

Minneapolis: 6:00PM (MINNEAPOLIS URBAN LEAGUE, 2100 Plymouth Ave N, Minneapolis, MN 55411

Carson City: 4:00PM (NEVADA STATE CAPITOL BUILDING, 101 N Carson St, Carson City, Nevada 89701)

Cleveland: 7:00PM (CLEVELAND PUBLIC LIBRARY, 325 Superior Ave E, Cleveland, Ohio 44114)

Portland: 4:00PM (PIONEER COURTHOUSE SQUARE, 701 SW 6th Ave, Portland, Oregon 97204)

Philadelphia: 7:00PM (LOVE PARK, 1599 John F Kennedy Blvd, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19102)

Pittsburgh: 7:00PM (PITTSBURGH CITY-COUNTY BUILDING, 414 Grant St, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15219)

Nashville: 6:00PM (801 Broadway Nashville, TN 37203 Estes Kefauver Federal Building)

Salt Lake City: 5:00PM (SALT LAKE CITY COMMUNITY COLLEGE, 4600 S Redwood Rd, Salt Lake City, Utah 84123)

Seattle: 4:00PM (QUEEN ANNE BAPTIST CHURCH, 2011 1st Ave N, Seattle, Washington 98109)

I may need to call in sick that day. I work about a block from Michigan's state capitol.

More fortunately, you tell all your co-workers and boss that you are Steeltime on this forum, not that ******* ark steel. You then sit around with the co-workers and laugh about that dummy, ark steel, and how well you [Steeltime] summarized an issue and skewered the opposition.

Then you move on to laughing about that guy Superman and his comments ...
I tell everyone I'm 21STEELERS21. they just shake their heads and move on muttering under their breath "how can anyone be that stupid and be able to breathe at the same time as using a keyboard? can't wait to read his bestseller!"

day-of-rage-575x324.jpg

ironically, the Tampa and Memphis locations are just down the street from the jail. not sure about the others.

What's this?

Alton Sterling Reached for a Gun, Baton Rouge Detective Says

Officers were justified in their shooting of Alton Sterling during a confrontation in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, according to a police report on the incident. That shooting resulted in Sterling's death, which alongside the police-involved shooting of Philando Castile near St. Paul, Minnesota, triggered nationwide protests. From CNN:

In a search warrant affidavit seeking surveillance video from the store, [where police responded to a call about a man threatening another man with a gun,] Detective R. Cook wrote that the Baton Rouge officers deployed their Tasers after Sterling did not comply with their orders.

"While the officers were attempting to subdue the subject the officers observed the butt of a gun in the subject's front pants pocket," Cook wrote.

"When the subject attempted to reach for the gun from his pockets the officers fired their police issued duty weapon at the subject to stop the threat. The subject was shot multiple times and did not survive his injuries."

https://pjmedia.com/trending/2016/0...eached-for-a-gun-baton-rouge-detective-says/#

Apparently he mentioned himself 45 times in that speech.

That doesn't surprise me. The 30 second blurb I heard this morning had him saying "I" 6 times. Yes, I counted....lol.