• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

DAY 2 LIVE UP TO THE MINUTE DRAFT THREAD

Wow. I really hope Washington can stay healthy because he's a beast.

I couldn't be happier with this draft.

Man this is the BEST DRAFT...Dude is like another lineman and oh, he is 6'7" and can catch
And, at 269 Lbs, ran a 4.64 forty ... with whatever knee injury made him fall.

I watched 6-7 Georgia games this year. We get them a lot where I live. I will tell you that Darnell Washington is the best blocking TE in college football this year and probably the past 5 years.

Put him on the right side next to Okorafor, put Broderick Jones at LT, Seumalu at LG, and watch the running game. Holy ****. Just watch. Oh, and those redzone issues? Yeah, gone. Pickens, Harris, Freiermuth, Washington, and DJ - what the **** does the defense do? Go big to stop the run? OK, singling Pickens. And Muth. Good luck with that.

How about "big dime" to handle the double TE passing threat? Riiiiiiight. Now they run the ball down your throat.

I will say one thing here ladies and gents. We have been missing an identity for a while now. I can see an identity happening now. A vision. A rebuild. I love this draft. I would love to see a speed over 5’11 receiver or a center tomorrow
I hope I’m not wrong in that identity part.

Washington is going to be such an asset in the red zone. Najee is going to average nearly 5 YPC this year and could lead the league in TDs with the guys the Steelers now have up front.

Apparently whatever knee scare didn't knock him medically off the Steelers board. I think he upgrades TE when they use two TE sets. From a blocking standpoint he becomes instantaneously the best blocking TE on the roster.

The one significant thing I noticed when reading about Andy was he liked to target players he envisioned being starter capable. That is how he set his board.

I think we have seen evidence of this. I think both sides of line play should be better this season.

Something when I think of the Eagles and Niners that make their teams so successful could start to point the Steelers in that direction. That proper mindset to building a competitive team.

Last edited:
And the 49ers draft ... a kicker?!? Oh, makes sense since they have basically no picks this year due to some dumb QB trade.

Georgia‘s main tightend was one best college players bar none washington didn’t get the minutes or the throws he could have gotten in another program but he‘s a potential all-pro! They definitely didn’t need another t-end just too good to pass up… bold move! Fortune favors the bold!! GoSteelers!!

I like Williamson and Lolley I don’t love Wes.
Just too disorganized. Everyone talking at once about all different things. I was getting a headache. 🙂
Not easy to do one of those shows for hours. Hopefully it will get better with experience.