• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

DAY 2 LIVE UP TO THE MINUTE DRAFT THREAD

Not too smart but kid was automatic inside 40

Okay, but what has been a valid criticism of Huntington's picks? "The guy is good but could have selected him later."

Same with a freaking kicker - in the 3rd??? All-Pro kickers are found as UDFA and 7th round picks.

For tape measure and stopwatch addicts - the relative athletic score (RAS) for the Steelers selections so far (any score over 9.5 is considered elite):

Broderick Jones: 9.58, led by elite arm length and running time, "negative" is "low" weight. Mmkay
Joey Porter Jr.: 9.63, led by ELITE arm length, bench press, negative is vertical
Keeanu Benton: 8.90, led by arm length, 3-cone, negative is running
Darnell Washington: 9.88, led by height, weight, arm length, running splits, negative is vertical.

I think I see a trend here.

So BPA? There's a handful of decent safeties are left, Antonio Johnson, Jartavius Martin, J L Skinner, Chris Smith, Jammie Robinson.

Maybe an edge, Adebawore and Andre Carter are still there.

WR, IOL (take a chance on Vorhees and let him heal?), even a RB at this point, just not looking for a QB to carry a clip board.

I don't think he is nursing a knee injury. He can contribute right away so sure there is some expectations for this season. It is play, rotate in, block and pass catch. Depending how he does early maybe a red zone option. Training camp will sort all this out. But there is no delay with the guy he is healthy and ready to go.
I didn't want him in the first 2 rounds. He is currently just a blocker and needs refinement even at that. But, where they got him in the 3rd, he is a tremendous value and I love the pick for the running game and eventually what he can develop into in the passing game. I don't see them making him an OT but keeping him at TE with his primary responsibility to be a blocker.

For tape measure and stopwatch addicts - the relative athletic score (RAS) for the Steelers selections so far (any score over 9.5 is considered elite):

Broderick Jones: 9.58, led by elite arm length and running time, "negative" is "low" weight. Mmkay
Joey Porter Jr.: 9.63, led by ELITE arm length, bench press, negative is vertical
Darnell Washington: 9.88, led by height, weight, arm length, running splits, negative is vertical.

Saw some pics of Jone and it is somewhat unusual to see so much muscle on an OL. You usually see a good bit of fat. Like most rookies who were getting ready for the draft, he should easily be able to put on a good 10+ pounds after his rookie season and be even better in year two with the added weight. Love, love, love this pick along with our 2 in the 2nd round.

Post is incomplete without Head Size........lol

cool Info Steeltime thanks for posting

I don't see him lasting until we pick...

Berm is sore cuz we passed on Bama players---but I'll be fine :cool:

I’d ask Omar, but he always refers me to you and is 5/8 full of ****…………

Will your “sore” hinder your ”soar”……………. Might want to wait till cocktail hour to answer………. :)

Salute the nation

Henry To oto to

Philly becoming ...........Lil Georgia ....... MTC may be moving to the darkside of PA
PA is turning into UGA north.
Steelers now have - Pickens, Jones and Washington

Eagles now have - Davis, Dean, Carter, Smith and Ringo.

Bark Eagles bark!

PA is turning into UGA north.
Steelers now have - Pickens, Jones and Washington

Eagles now have - Davis, Dean, Carter, Smith and Ringo.

Bark Eagles bark!
Offense vs Defense ...... does this mean STETSON is coming to town in the 7th or will we march to a different TUNE

Offense vs Defense ...... does this mean STETSON is coming to town in the 7th or will we march to a different TUNE
Doubt Bennett gets drafted. If he does it’ll be to Baltimore or something cause of Monken