• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

DAY 2 LIVE UP TO THE MINUTE DRAFT THREAD

4 tightends make the team this year.

Apparently whatever knee scare didn't knock him medically off the Steelers board. I think he upgrades TE when they use two TE sets. From a blocking standpoint he becomes instantaneously the best blocking TE on the roster.

The one significant thing I noticed when reading about Andy was he liked to target players he envisioned being starter capable. That is how he set his board.

I think we have seen evidence of this. I think both sides of line play should be better this season.

Something when I think of the Eagles and Niners that make a their teams so successful could start to point the Steelers in that direction. That proper mindset to building a competitive team.
Colbert had too many WTF picks. Khan has had picks at the top of the prospect list at every single spot in this draft. Great point about finding starters, because that's exactly what the Steelers did. Hopefully they continue to take chances on high-level athletes on day 3 rather than the special teamers and poor athletes Colbert loved to draft.

Coolie serious question. would you be more happy with a Dell pick at 80 or the washington pick at 93?

I'll add, I'm as big of a critic of Najee as anyone on this board, but with this lineup his talent will be maximized.
You haven't been an unfair critic. I think he had injury and line play road blocking somewhat. But some of it was just his decision making as well as not being a true burner.

As you said they should be able to maximize his talent, it will be up to Najee to take advantage of the improvements.

Colbert had too many WTF picks. Khan has had picks at the top of the prospect list at every single spot in this draft. Great point about finding starters, because that's exactly what the Steelers did. Hopefully they continue to take chances on high-level athletes on day 3 rather than the special teamers and poor athletes Colbert loved to draft.
I agree. Every pick had a purpose so far. Khan with Weidl has been awesome so far.

Coolie serious question. would you be more happy with a Dell pick at 80 or the washington pick at 93?
Dell would fill the slot receiver and is very good with PR and could even be KR

so I would have loved Dell at 80 if he had made it that far

still very happy with Washington at 93 with the 4th rounder pick up also

especially if they use it on Tune

Moving into Day 3, Clark Phillips is probably the last guy who I really want the Steelers to draft.
That would cap the draft. Don't think he'll be around but as a slot corner I would take at the first pick of round four.

Washington is going to be such an asset in the red zone. Najee is going to average nearly 5 YPC this year and could lead the league in TDs with the guys the Steelers now have up front.
I think you've overlooked something......hint OC MC.

Georgia‘s main tightend was one best college players bar none washington didn’t get the minutes or the throws he could have gotten in another program but he‘s a potential all-pro! They definitely didn’t need another t-end just too good to pass up… bold move! Fortune favors the bold!! GoSteelers!!

Yeah Brock Bowers got most of the throws last year. I would always trip out when Washington would go in because he's such a massive athletic target who makes plays. That man is going to help the running game immensely.

I am the eternal optimistic. Always want to look at the good. It is how I cope thrthrough this world.
That being said I don't think the Steelers could have picked better. 4 picks.
2 immediate starts in Jones and Peezy. 2 immediate contributors.

Thus was so far. Great draft for us.

This draft so far on paper is a minimum A but I'd give it an A+. Tremendous value at all 3 picks and the first 3 were at our top 3 areas of need. I sure hope these guys do end up living up to expectations. No expectations for Washington this year as he slid due to a knee injury we still need to find out what that's all about. Other than that, tremendous value.

This draft so far on paper is a minimum A but I'd give it an A+. Tremendous value at all 3 picks and the first 3 were at our top 3 areas of need. I sure hope these guys do end up living up to expectations. No expectations for Washington this year as he slid due to a knee injury we still need to find out what that's all about. Other than that, tremendous value.
I don't think he is nursing a knee injury. He can contribute right away so sure there is some expectations for this season. It is play, rotate in, block and pass catch. Depending how he does early maybe a red zone option. Training camp will sort all this out. But there is no delay with the guy he is healthy and ready to go.