• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

DAY 2 LIVE UP TO THE MINUTE DRAFT THREAD

Steelers Needs and Draft Picks

LT - check
Shutdown CB - check
NT/0 Tech - check
Massive TE - check
Edge rusher - check

I may have taken a few liberties with the 4th selection, but I was pushing for Washington pre-draft because (1) he is an incredible blocker and makes the running game better RIGHT THE **** NOW, (2) Freiermuth has had some concussions so now the Steelers have a Plan B, and (3) he makes the red zone incredibly difficult to defend.

Anyone think they try to get back into the 5th and get Sewell or another true Ilb or maybe a wr … lots of value picks there

So is herbig is sort of like a Drew Sanders, but cheaper

Interesting comparison.

Player 1: 6'4" 235 lbs. 32 1/8" arm length 4.66 40 Did not bench
Player 2: 6'2" 240 lbs. 31 1/4" arm length 4.65 40 25 Reps

At 7th, they are likely taking one qb … tge other spot will either be a hard faller or a deep sleeper… i am hoping for Mekhi Garner… he is a big physical cb project

Would like to try and get back in the sixth and Take Wypler, center OSU. Let him sit a year behind Cole, he's young and time to get even stronger etc

Like to get in 6th for ILB Henry Too'Too or WR Ronnie Bell 7th RB Mo Ibrahim perfect replacement for Snell and if Bell is still there if not Max Duggan

Like to get in 6th for ILB Henry Too'Too or WR Ronnie Bell 7th RB Mo Ibrahim perfect replacement for Snell and if Bell is still there if not Max Duggan
Henry To oto o went to Houston in the 5th round F83

A picture is worth a thousand words - chart outlining athleticism of TE draft candidates this year.

He actually played a rep as the OT against LSU in the video. Good God. If they harness just his blocking Najee Harris will be buying him new cars at the end of the season. Like the guy in the video said, "he catches everything with his hands". Beautiful down-the-seam catches. If Bennett was a little more accurate we could have seen him run after the catch. That would have been fun to watch. I am old but he reminds me of a much more athletic Larry Brown.

So as the seventh round starts, tgere are some high value targets Id suggest… definitely Ford Wheaton at wr. Take a shot on armysAndre Carter or Baldy from Pitt at olb
Either Duggans or Bagent at Qb
Like i said at CB i think mekhi Garner will develop… he will be a udfa but if you don’t think you can sign him….
And really interesting is Vorhees at guard… he is a upper mid round talent who fell because he is out for the season

Ivan Pace if the Steelers want an undersized thumper who can generate pressure at ILB

Cory Trice is a CB with excellent size and upside this late.

Brandon Hill is an athletic safety who adds value on special teams.

Habakkuk Baldonado would add another developmental player at edge.

Bryce Ford-Wheaton is a guy the Steelers showed some interest in at wide receiver.

they took Duggan just before us