• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Day 3 - Draft Day

The way some of you guys are talking the Steelers could have drafted 5 players at once with the Dri Archer pick. lol. Every player that come off the board now someone will come in and say that they should have gone in RD 3.

Man.....This is painful......

LMAO, Mark Kabloy just tweeted: "Steelers official told me about Dri Archer: He's not a great runner, not a great receiver, but he sure is fast."

We are the Raiders.

Mark has tweeted trash in the past...today just clarifies that.

LMAO, Mark Kabloy just tweeted: "Steelers official told me about Dri Archer: He's not a great runner, not a great receiver, but he sure is fast."

We are the Raiders.

We all know he is not GREAT WR or RB or he wouldve been drafted in the 1st similar to Tavon.

If he is at least adequate at anyone of those, at his speed, I think it would be worth it

Or do you mean your mock?

A lot of sensitive fans today who spent hours watching "youtube" clips for months are getting butthurt that their mocks are getting blown to pieces lol lol.

Look- The Archer pick wasnt ideal, but at least I can understand it. Especially for what was a quasi 4th round pick

Again, it was our only 3rd round pick not a quasi 4thy round pick like you keep stupidly saying

ok. You didn't like the pick. I get it. I don't know that I like the pick. But the pick was basically an early 4th as a comp pick. But carry on...[/QUOTE

]We had no regular 3rd round pick so this was not an additional luxury .3rd round pick[/QUOTE
]
I know they didn't have a 3rd. That's my point. It was a glorified 4th. Oh well. No biggie

Considering the Steelers are not big on free agents. We might have to tank next year to get better draft picks and fill the CB and other holes..

We all know he is not GREAT WR or RB or he wouldve been drafted in the 1st similar to Tavon.

If he is at least adequate at anyone of those, at his speed, I think it would be worth it

Even though zero players with his frame and injury history have been successful, and we have devastating holes at numerous other positions?

Honestly. Some of you guys think every small, fast guy is Darren Sproles.

yeah it was a biggie, on a talent strapped team you don't waste your only 3rd round pick on a small gimmick player with no position

picard-facepalm2.jpg

Or do you mean your mock?

A lot of sensitive fans today who spent hours watching "youtube" clips for months are getting butthurt that their mocks are getting blown to pieces lol lol.

Look- The Archer pick wasnt ideal, but at least I can understand it. Especially for what was a quasi 4th round pick

And i'm pointing out the cost of that luxury pick. The Steelers visited a ton of CBs and it's a huge need. And each round, they wouldn't have had to reach for anybody either.

Maybe i'm "butthurt" about the steeler secondary producing an embarrassingly low amount of turnovers for years and want some DBs with ball skills.

But hey, they got that 3rd down back locked down now so i guess i shouldn't worry about that.

No matter who this pick is......there will be bitching. You guys are acting brand new. Colbert has always drafted high production/dynamic/value high and then filled out the rest of roster with later picks that particular coaches want. The Steelers have one of the most all over the place boards in the league. New England probably had the most unpredictable draft board.

And i'm pointing out the cost of that luxury pick. The Steelers visited a ton of CBs and it's a huge need. And each round, they wouldn't have had to reach for anybody either.

Maybe i'm "butthurt" about the steeler secondary producing an embarrassingly low amount of turnovers for years and want some DBs with ball skills.

But hey, they got that 3rd down back locked down now so i guess i shouldn't worry about that.

Yep. And it only took last year's 2nd and this year's third to take care of third downs*.

*Archer can't play on third downs

Even though zero players with his frame and injury history have been successful, and we have devastating holes at numerous other positions?

Not true - we just choose not to keep piling on something that CANNOT be changed now even BEFORE the kid suits up...

Not true - we just choose not to keep piling on something that CANNOT be changed now even BEFORE the kid suits up...

It's an internet message board. What else should we do on here?

He may not ever suit up. He has the profile of a gameday inactive for two years until he's cut.

Kaboly is kind of an *******. He's too busy making jokes at the expense of the Steelers.

You mean Darren Sproles who was available as a free agent and could have been signed to fill this apparently glaring need for a scat back.

Gaines, Desir, Aikens, Bryant, Abbrederis all still there with three picks to go before ours. Not soooo bad.

Colvin gone.Awesome.

At least Archer won't occupy too much space while standing on the sideline.