• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Day 3 - Draft Day

Just wish we hadn't wasted our last pick is all

I didn't understand the pick either, but I'll hope he bucks the trend. That said, given how far some of these prospects are falling, ones we wanted at that spot (Bryant for example), there's obviously something there causing them to fall more then expected. Maybe we still see some of these guys with our later picks. I certainly didn't see Bryant going in the fourth round...

Looks good on the surface, but to be THAT talented and fall to the mid fourth due to "maturity issues?"

The kid must be an absolutely epic ********

Think it had more to do with maturity issues AND the fact that he was only a one year starter. So, he's a bit of an unfinished project.

Chris Henry. Lots of upside under the right tutelage. Comes with baggage. But is he any worse that Blunt or Plax?

That's exactly who I thought of...and the fits he used to give our D.

I'd love to get Abberderis later but if the Steelers see Archer as a WR, they may be done there

It's a good thing Wallace and Sanders aren't here. Their attitudes would destroy an immature WR.

Looks good on the surface, but to be THAT talented and fall to the mid fourth due to "maturity issues?"

The kid must be an absolutely epic ********

Word is put some teams off while meetings with teams. Did not interview well. Clemson coaching staff had trouble motivating him first two years. Story I heard was while suspended from the bowl game, he was home with his mom/grandmother. When Clemson played and they watched it, his mom/grandmother cried because he was not there. Seems to have really hit home and since his return, Clemson coaches praised him. They gave him one more chance and he did not disappoint. Question is, was it a blip or did he grow up? That is the rub. But, to my knowledge, no legal or drug issues......

Why did the Steelers pass on CB? I think it's because they drafted Shazier. Now with Shazier, they want to keep 4 LBs on the field as often as possible. That means when they go nickel, they will have to take the NT off the field.

And the next DB on the field is probably Shamarko.

I'm not sure how great that is but that may be the thinking.

I think it was Wexell that stated Phillip Gaines was the last of their upper end corners, so expect one late.

Khiari Fortt could be a steal for the Saints. He is inexperienced. He began at Penn State but was buried on the depth chart so he transferred to Cal where he was often injured. He's one of the most athletic guys in the draft. His KEI is 76. That's an explosive athlete.

Why did the Steelers pass on CB? I think it's because they drafted Shazier. Now with Shazier, they want to keep 4 LBs on the field as often as possible. That means when they go nickel, they will have to take the NT off the field.

And the next DB on the field is probably Shamarko.

I'm not sure how great that is but that may be the thinking.

I think Shamarko is the reason. We signed Mitchell on Day One of free agency, so I think Shamarko is our slot corner first and foremost. Therefore, we'd be looking for physical outside CBs as opposed to smaller slot types. This draft is overflowing with big, physical CBs, so perhaps they're going for value later.

Very happy with the Bryant pick. I've liked him the whole draft process.

He's a Limas Sweed pick 90 picks later. I just hope he doesn't fall apart mentally like Sweed. Some risk a LOT of reward. Much more reward potential than Archer.

I wish the Steelers had about 5 picks right now.

Desir could be a steal or fold under the pressure. Worth the risk, I guess. The Browns making some good moves.

Desir would have been a good pick too. All he does is pick off balls. Our CB's don't know what the word pick means.

Yah, I can't figure it out . Hypothetically would you rather have AJ McCarron or L. Jones to tutor under Ben?

Neither. McCarron is still available because he looked horrible vs Oklahoma which is pretty much the only time he faced real pass rush pressure.