• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Day 3 - Draft Day

Still amazing CB value on the board. Rashaad Reynolds would be an outstanding pick in the 5th. Tough with ball skills and no stranger to playing with a cushion, but still driving on the ball to make a play. Nevin Lawson is grabby but a great ball skills guy. Looked great against Davante Adams and Marqise Lee last year. Antone Exum has some red flags but attacks the ball like it's his last meal. The Gaines boys are still there. Purifoy is a talented project.

Really good OL value still there, too. Tiny Richardson STILL on the board. Cameron Fleming was a four-year RT starter on a great Stanford line. Dakota Dozier looks like a fine zone guard.

Really want an edge rusher in this draft. Prince Shembo, Jackson Jeffcoat, Trevor Reilly, James Gayle, and Aaron Lynch are all 3-4 round guys on my board.

Good slot receivers to pair with Bryant as an awesome WR haul. Abbrederis, Street, Campanaro, Herron, Hazel.

Forgot about Roberson. I thought he'd come off the board in the 2nd. Attacks the ball like a maniac, but doesn't play the run.

I bet we take Jeffcoat or Seastrunk. Still love me some Taylor Hart too. Hurst is still available...right? Chris Smith could be a nice OLB too.

Last edited:
I would be fine with exam in the 5th. Especially since I'm a Va Tech fan. The only issue would be his ACL and has it fully healed? Let me also add he had 5 INT the year before and would have gone way before now if he never tore his ACL. Also wouldn't be sad to see us get Hart.

Last edited:
Now it's being reported the ravens DID NOT draft him.... WTH?

Kevin Seifert
Guys, that DraftCast isn't accurate. AJ McCarron has not been drafted.

Well, fix the darn thing....

Why did the Steelers pass on CB? I think it's because they drafted Shazier. Now with Shazier, they want to keep 4 LBs on the field as often as possible. That means when they go nickel, they will have to take the NT off the field.

And the next DB on the field is probably Shamarko.

I'm not sure how great that is but that may be the thinking.

Well, they still need Taylor's replacement and Allen is still a bit of a question mark, though I think he'll be fine.

It would have been nice to draft a CB now, groom him for a year and let him take over in 2015. A lot of incredibly talented CBs went off the board in the fourth, a rarity for that late in the draft.

There are basically crumbs left now with very remote possibilities of developing.

We can grab a cb next year's draft to start if Ike retires. I think we need to get some OLB depth. A few good guys out there. Maybe even an OT, or an OG that could compete?

Not only do we need to think about Ike's replacement. We need Gay's replacement as well. I don't see him with the team in 2015.

Anyone know how/why Antonio Richardson has not been picked yet? Hopefully he slides a bit more ... To us

At least Penn State grabbed a CB today. Got a kid from DC who had offers from auburn and notre dame. Penn State currently has one of the top recruiting classes for 2015 ranked from 1-4 depending where you look. James Franklin is killing it in recruiting so far.

We can grab a cb next year's draft to start if Ike retires.

The problem with that is one would like to give a rookie time to adjust to the pro game before forcing him into a major role. Next year, they may need a rookie to make a major contribution out of the gate.

I just think they really blew it by electing not to capitalize on this CB class, especially by picking a player like Archer instead.