• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Desmond King cryptic tweet

FordFairLane

Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:
This, another reason displaying the genius that Tomlin is. Won’t even use this guy, who’s a known player/performer, but continues to trot out Gunner O who has done nothing but burn is time after time after time after time…….I don’t care what happens this season, it’s time for shades to go.

This, another reason displaying the genius that Tomlin is. Won’t even use this guy, who’s a known player/performer, but continues to trot out Gunner O who has done nothing but burn is time after time after time after time…….I don’t care what happens this season, it’s time for shades to go.
ugghhh, you can't fix stupid.

Remember, just a few years ago, when many would get angry that "Tomlin only won with Cowher's players"? That ship has sailed and the apologists were wrong. Now, its clearer that Cowher's coaches also were significant contributors; combined with Tomlin's Charlie Brown Coaching Tree, it is beyond obvious where the football problem really is.

Unfortunately, we have the The Deuce making the ultimate football decisions, and his track record is poor.

They should have cut Gunner and demoted Sullivan

Very odd that either of those two get playing time. Coaches aren't making sound decisions...

I wanted Rush in the 4th round in my mocks, nice.
I liked Rush as well. I also liked Stephen Gilmore who is on the Lions PS. I would love to find a way to get him on the 53 man. I feel he’d be a great nickel/dime defender.

Yeah, and that lessens the impact of cutting King… but why not cut Gunner as the backup returner, and keep King?
Maybe because they want to see how DJ does in practice this week? Then maybe there’s another roster move to dump Gunner for _____ player.

Yep, McBlind...I mean McTripOv...er, McFarland is coming back as KR so...it makes sense.

Dri usually got taken down by an un-scaped blade of grass.

Salute the nation

I thought King would stick but I guess he didn't show much. He was definitely in slow motion when he returned kicks in one of the games. He also took one out of the endzone which was boneheaded. I liked Rush coming out in his draft but we don't seem to have the coaching staff to develop any of these guys so my guess is he gets cut later this season as well.

Great move to steal a guy

But c’mon FO, if a roster spot was needed send Gunner packing

That’s called a win-win

Don’t be averse to those things Shades, it’s ok to deviate from your win-lose standard of mediocrity you’ve been setting for years

Giving Moore Jr 1st team snaps over Jones (will most likely start him and he still sits at 1 on the depth chart). Still refuses to start JPJ and continue to traut out PP, Wallace, and Sullivan even when we see JPJ has the talent when he's on the field regardless of potential rookie mistakes. Continues to employ Canada and Gunner. Cuts veteran King who should've easily been starting at slot if not Wallace's spot and picks up a rookie in his place who we know won't see the field other than maybe special teams this year. Yup, as the mainstream media tells us we are so lucky to have such a great HOF HC in Mike Tomlin........😐😑😒

ugghhh, you can't fix stupid.

Remember, just a few years ago, when many would get angry that "Tomlin only won with Cowher's players"? That ship has sailed and the apologists were wrong. Now, its clearer that Cowher's coaches also were significant contributors; combined with Tomlin's Charlie Brown Coaching Tree, it is beyond obvious where the football problem really is.

Unfortunately, we have the The Deuce making the ultimate football decisions, and his track record is poor.
Yeah, I figured that out a few years ago. Shades inherited Chin’s entire staff except for Whiz who moved on and was replaced by The Bruce who was already here and Dick Hoak who retired. Obviously as the team became more and more his, the playoff wins became fewer and fewer. The Tomlin Fan Club on social media has been pretty quiet this season.

Giving Moore Jr 1st team snaps over Jones (will most likely start him and he still sits at 1 on the depth chart). Still refuses to start JPJ and continue to traut out PP, Wallace, and Sullivan even when we see JPJ has the talent when he's on the field regardless of potential rookie mistakes. Continues to employ Canada and Gunner. Cuts veteran King who should've easily been starting at slot if not Wallace's spot and picks up a rookie in his place who we know won't see the field other than maybe special teams this year. Yup, as the mainstream media tells us we are so lucky to have such a great HOF HC in Mike Tomlin........😐😑😒
On King you knew he was a veteran and capable. Rush is a project. He was beaten for TDs in preseason and the team moved on. I can't pretend to have faith in the coaches coaching him up. They can't even coach veteran players up. So at this point they are just shuffling players in and out. Not upgrading deficiencies but sitting on their arse hoping players will improve.

So they will trot out Moore, Pat Pete, Sullivan which they knew had pass coverage issues coming in, and pair it with not tweaking their schemes.

Is there any doubt coaching is this teams biggest issue? Everything else is a distant second.