• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Drew Brees

You do realize that black people are almost 3 times more likely to be killed by police than white people. Use of force is 7 times higher. Any killing that is unjustified is wrong but for you to sit here and try to compare scenarios is sad man. It all sucks and it all should stop but trying to victimize it the other way around is ridiculous. Almost 70% of the country is white. So you seem like a smart guy. Do the math on that one. I'm not sure which propaganda network you got the 80% figure from but that's not it either. The numbers are 15.8% blacks killing whites and 8.6% white killing blacks. White on white killings are 81.3%. So go ahead and riot.

The only way you are getting those numbers is by using the total population of whites and blacks as the denominator, which is an invalid analysis. Show your work please.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/hide-and-seek/201408/the-psychology-humiliation

"The Latin root of "humiliation" is "humus", which means "earth" or "dirt". Humiliation involves abasement of honour and dignity and, with that, loss of status and standing. We all make certain status claims, however modest they may be, for example, "I am a competent doctor", "I am a happily married mother", or even "I am a human being". When we are merely embarrassed, our status claims are not undermined—or if they are, they are easily recovered. But when we are humiliated, our status claims cannot so easily be recovered because, in this case, our very authority to make status claims has been called into question. People who are in the process of being humiliated are usually left stunned and speechless, and more than that, voiceless. When criticizing people, especially people with low self- esteem, we must take care not to attack their authority to make the status claims that they make.

In short, humiliation is the public failure of one’s status claims. Their private failure amounts not to humiliation but to painful self-realization.

Ritual humiliation in traditional societies can serve to enforce a particular social order, or, as with hazing rituals, to emphasize that the group takes precedence over its individual members. Many tribal societies feature complex initiation rites designed to defuse the threat posed by fit and fertile young men to the male gerontocracy. These rites sometimes include a painful and bloody circumcision, which is, of course, symbolic of castration.

In hierarchical societies, the elites go to great lengths to protect and uphold their reputation and standing, while the lower orders submit to prescribed degrees of debasement."

In short, Brees just submitted himself to a Humiliation Ritual for the larger aim of "The Builders" crafting -- and enforcing -- a New Social Order. If someone as rich and accomplished as Drew Brees can be destroyed or roundly humiliated for a thought crime and freely expressing an opinion, then Joe Blow will certainly think twice before risking the mark of Cain as a racist.

Brees was given the keys to NO and the mantle of Saviour after Katrina. He was given the All Time Yardage and passing titles. He submitted himself a long time ago to the Brotherhood and undertook this Humiliation Ritual as part of the deal. This is the esoteric part of "giving back."

Note even the masonic overtones of the psychologist's words "while the lower orders submit to prescribed degrees of abasement."

We imagine that these Humiliation Rituals no longer exist among the elites and those underlings like Brees allowed portal into that world.

Drew Brees isn't as stupid and tone deaf as imagined by the masses. This was part of the deal. His football days are virtually done. This was an act of prescribed humiliation in most useful at this time service to the craft.

Last edited:
The only way you are getting those numbers is by using the total population of whites and blacks as the denominator, which is an invalid analysis. Show your work please.

Do your own research. Those numbers are from reparable date centers. I gave the links. Now you could argue that black people commit a disproportionate amount of crimes compared to whites and that skews the numbers. It's about 52% to 47% over the last 30 years. We could get into the systematic causes of this, but I won't here because I know you probably don't care. I'm as much of a proponent of personal responsibility as anyone but I also am not naive and short sighted enough to consider that not matter what numbers you throw out this is not a fair comparison. I'm not defending the criminals themselves. They made their choice. But oppression still plays a part in this. Racism still plays a part in this. Systemic indifference and deprivation does as well. We still have a society where people are being judged this way and the blame is not just on white people. Black people have to do better. We can't make excuses for this even with these odds. Everyone needs to be honest about what this is and their role in it.

Last edited:
You do realize that black people are almost 3 times more likely to be killed by police than white people. Use of force is 7 times higher. Any killing that is unjustified is wrong but for you to sit here and try to compare scenarios is sad man. It all sucks and it all should stop but trying to victimize it the other way around is ridiculous. Almost 70% of the country is white. So you seem like a smart guy. Do the math on that one. I'm not sure which propaganda network you got the 80% figure from but that's not it either. The numbers are 15.8% blacks killing whites and 8.6% white killing blacks. White on white killings are 81.3%. So go ahead and riot.

You are using total population numbers which have nothing to do with the debate. Black men (~6% of the population) commit ~50% of the murders. They commit the vast majority of all other crimes as well. So they are interacting with police at a higher percentage. Last year 9 black men and 1 black woman were killed without being armed. 19 white men.

You are either having issues with math or aren't understanding what I'm saying. Blacks make up 13% of the population. Whites make up around 61%. So you have 61% committing 58% of total violent crime. Blacks (13%) should be committing 13% of the crime but they don't. They are almost 3X the rate of whites. They make up 36% of violent crime rates. Blacks are 5Xs more likely to commit murder than whites.

In a 2013 study that looked at the color of crime, ~660,000 interracial crimes occurred that were reported as violent. 85% of those were black on white... 85%.... That means that a black person was 27 times more likely to attack a white person than the other way around. Whites are twice as likely to be shot by a police officer than a black person based on the number of contacts with police.

You are using total population numbers which have nothing to do with the debate. Black men (~6% of the population) commit ~50% of the murders. They commit the vast majority of all other crimes as well. So they are interacting with police at a higher percentage. Last year 9 black men and 1 black woman were killed without being armed. 19 white men.

You are either having issues with math or aren't understanding what I'm saying. Blacks make up 13% of the population. Whites make up around 61%. So you have 61% committing 58% of total violent crime. Blacks (13%) should be committing 13% of the crime but they don't. They are almost 3X the rate of whites. They make up 36% of violent crime rates. Blacks are 5Xs more likely to commit murder than whites.

In a 2013 study that looked at the color of crime, ~660,000 interracial crimes occurred that were reported as violent. 85% of those were black on white... 85%.... That means that a black person was 27 times more likely to attack a white person than the other way around. Whites are twice as likely to be shot by a police officer than a black person based on the number of contacts with police.

Bloomberg even used the same 6% data in defending stop and frisk.

I agree with this 100%. Absolutely. That's Drew's right and his feeling on this. It's not like anyone is stopping him either. This isn't just a military issue though. Why the hell can't people separate the two? Certain people in this country take patriotism to the most hypocritical, narrow, and non inclusive levels. A lot of minorities have made the point of stating that their grandfathers served as well......but weren't given a heroes welcome when they returned. They were ostracized and treated as less than human. So when they see that flag they don;t see what Drew sees. They damn sure don't want him stating that he would see their silent protest as disrespect to him or to the military. IF that's how Drew sees it then that's fine but people have the right to be offended by that. Drew didn't have to apologize.....but the fact of the matter is that the NFL is mostly made up of black players and so is his locker room. A lot of New Orleans is black. So walking back into that situation without an apology would be less than ideal. I'm really trying to be patient here and but like I said......this isn't hard to understand. There are some people's minds that just aren;t going to be changed on this and that's fine.

nah, you're now changing course. Kaep kneeled for, and you agreed with him, police brutality. at no point has what you said ever come into the conversation. Though, now that you did point that out - that is entirely ******* appropriate. Those whose parents and grandparents were spit upon and cursed at, yes they probably have a different perspective. And what should happen is that should be told. Drew's teammates, if their dad/grandfathers/etc, had that experience, should have that same discussion with him. So we can all get on the same page.

though, be careful. that same page where we discuss spitting on troops, berating them and calling them all kinds of names is a page that faults the current Democratic Party that is composed of the hippies of yesteryear.

the argument against those numbers is that the black community is thus patrolled more than white communities. as such, it would then stand to reason that more interaction between police and the population would result in more crimes being seen by police and thus more interactions and more arrests.

nah, you're now changing course. Kaep kneeled for, and you agreed with him, police brutality. at no point has what you said ever come into the conversation. Though, now that you did point that out - that is entirely ******* appropriate. Those whose parents and grandparents were spit upon and cursed at, yes they probably have a different perspective. And what should happen is that should be told. Drew's teammates, if their dad/grandfathers/etc, had that experience, should have that same discussion with him. So we can all get on the same page.

though, be careful. that same page where we discuss spitting on troops, berating them and calling them all kinds of names is a page that faults the current Democratic Party that is composed of the hippies of yesteryear.

This is where you guys always lose me. Don't lecture anyone about who is pro military or has the most skeletons in their closet politically if you support that draft dodging low life in the White House. He is a opportunist and a populist. John Kelly and James Mattis have come out against him and I hope more follow along those lines of decent men. That being said.....the Democratic Party suffered huge loses due to their involvement in the Vietnam War and subsequent treatment of troops when they came home. There wasn't a Democrat in the White House for almost 20 years except for Jimmy Carter who was a one term President. In that time the middle class was chipped away and were at the point we are now. So there is no banner party or banner President. Everyone has blood on their hands. False idols.

Now as far as this situation with Brees......the last thing I will say is that his comments hurt because they seemed tone deaf in comparison to the moment and to what many people in the country are feeling. He has his right. Everyone jumps to that. Of course he does. But so does everyone else. We all want the platform to express how we feel how we want to, peacefully and without provocation. It's the same situation with Tommie Smith and John Carlos when they raised their fist at the 1968 Olympics. They had theirs lives and careers damn near ruined for it. But that was their right. To bring attention to oppression and injustice. Whether it was during something ceremonial or not. They had the platform and they used it. They shouldn't be criticized for it. You do what you want with it and another man can do what he wants......and as long as it's peaceful it is not your right to determine whether it is respectful to YOUR outlook. It's just an awareness of understanding and unity. Put your own feelings aside and respect that for other people this is what they need to do to cope and to show their feelings. It's not meant to be disrespect.

This isn't that hard to understand. No one is saying Drew can't have his opinion or anyone else for that matter. Where he messed up is he did not read the moment and the gaping wound this country has right now as a result of another senseless killing. Drew stated he doesn't agree with anyone who disrespects the flag. In his opinion kneeling during the anthem is disrespect. Silent protest is disrespect. It should only be done where he thinks it should be done. That flag gives everyone the right to express themselves as they see fit. Drew chooses to do what he does and others do what they do. He can say that's fine for HIM but saying he wouldn't support silent protest is like spitting in the face of people who are trying to bring attention to an obviously horrible issue. It'snot that hard to understand.

He never said that. It’s not the time or place. That’s the time you honor the flag and the men And women that died for it. You are at work on the clock. I 100% support athletes rights to protest and speak out against things that are unfair.
Kap with his pigsocks can go **** himself.

Do your own research. Those numbers are from reparable date centers. I gave the links. Now you could argue that black people commit a disproportionate amount of crimes compared to whites and that skews the numbers. It's about 52% to 47% over the last 30 years. We could get into the systematic causes of this, but I won't here because I know you probably don't care. I'm as much of a proponent of personal responsibility as anyone but I also am not naive and short sighted enough to consider that not matter what numbers you throw out this is not a fair comparison. I'm not defending the criminals themselves. They made their choice. But oppression still plays a part in this. Racism still plays a part in this. Systemic indifference and deprivation does as well. We still have a society where people are being judged this way and the blame is not just on white people. Black people have to do better. We can't make excuses for this even with these odds. Everyone needs to be honest about what this is and their role in it.

Why no protest for the 1000’s killed every single year by other young black males? I agree that any cops should be held accountable for there actions, and be punished.. But not one peep from any movie star or any athlete ever. It’s not part of the agenda. It doesn’t keep us divided.

and as long as it's peaceful it is not your right to determine whether it is respectful to YOUR outlook

I'm going to focus on this part and not the other rambling bullshit.

What Drew Brees said was peaceful. He posted it on Twitter, peacefully. Thus, per your own words, it's not your right to determine whether his tweet was respectful to your outlook. I mean, that's precisely what you said. You need to chastise LeBron James for jumping up Drew's *** right after that tweet was made. Yeah, LeBron James - the same guy who is taking a knee for BLM, but is on both knees when it comes to China. I'm sure you know that he back downed from saying anything negative about China's human rights violations, but has not one ******* problem in voicing his not-needed inflammatory opinion elsewhere.

I'm going to focus on this part and not the other rambling bullshit.

What Drew Brees said was peaceful. He posted it on Twitter, peacefully. Thus, per your own words, it's not your right to determine whether his tweet was respectful to your outlook. I mean, that's precisely what you said. You need to chastise LeBron James for jumping up Drew's *** right after that tweet was made. Yeah, LeBron James - the same guy who is taking a knee for BLM, but is on both knees when it comes to China. I'm sure you know that he back downed from saying anything negative about China's human rights violations, but has not one ******* problem in voicing his not-needed inflammatory opinion elsewhere.

My point is if it's peaceful either way.....why take it as disrespect? If Drew said hey I respect their right to protest but for ME PERSONALLY I feel that it should be only for honor and my personal patriotism then fine. It's a platform that should be there for all to do what they feel is right for them personally. Telling another man that you take it as disrespect isn't fair. It's not. Especially when you don;t even acknowledge the point in why they're doing it.

My question is where is the right place for them to do it? People will find a problem with anything. We go on and on about personal freedoms in this country and then talk about what is disrespectful. Not one of those guys said what Drew feels about the anthem or how he expresses himself is disrespectful or not peaceful obviously.....they were offended that he may feel that way about what they are doing.

Well not to worry steel shinin, the mob has torn apart Drew Brees and he's now made two apologies.

Freedom of speech, baby. Not anymore.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Once you kneel to the mob, they will never stop. They don’t forgive or respect you. Now they despise and humiliate you at will. That’s how this works. <br>Never forget it. <a href="https://t.co/0OtWZiEfiM">https://t.co/0OtWZiEfiM</a></p>— Buck Sexton (@BuckSexton) <a href="https://twitter.com/BuckSexton/status/1268733075128815616?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">June 5, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Well not to worry steel shinin, the mob has torn apart Drew Brees and he's now made two apologies.

Colin Kaepernick was torn apart even worse for using his first amendment rights as well. And I don't agree with everything the guy did. I have considerable questions about his girlfriends involvement in his "awakening" but I give him credit for doing something he believes in. I give Drew credit for it too. If that's how he really feels that's fine. But it works both ways. It will make people uncomfortable if you deem their rights disrespectful.

My point is if it's peaceful either way.....why take it as disrespect? If Drew said hey I respect their right to protest but for ME PERSONALLY I feel that it should be only for honor and my personal patriotism then fine. It's a platform that should be there for all to do what they feel is right for them personally. Telling another man that you take it as disrespect isn't fair. It's not. Especially when you don;t even acknowledge the point in why they're doing it.

My question is where is the right place for them to do it? People will find a problem with anything. We go on and on about personal freedoms in this country and then talk about what is disrespectful. Not one of those guys said what Drew feels about the anthem or how he expresses himself is disrespectful or not peaceful obviously.....they were offended that he may feel that way about what they are doing.

so because Drew Brees didnt check a box and first state that he "respects their right to protest" his right to free speech should be curtailed, nay, expelled, and he should be humiliated? You're overlooking that in his tweet, he made it a personal statement. He did that by adding his father and grandfather. This is a man who also took a knee with his teammates, so the racial bias shouldn't be included. The man was - as you stated "ME PERSONALLY" - speaking from his heart about what matters to him. He didnt say that he disagrees with protests, just that he disagrees with disrespecting the flag. Despite all that is wrong with this country, it is still the only country which affords more freedom than any other on the planet.

your argument, in this sense, is rather weak.

so because Drew Brees didnt check a box and first state that he "respects their right to protest" his right to free speech should be curtailed, nay, expelled, and he should be humiliated? You're overlooking that in his tweet, he made it a personal statement. He did that by adding his father and grandfather. This is a man who also took a knee with his teammates, so the racial bias shouldn't be included. The man was - as you stated "ME PERSONALLY" - speaking from his heart about what matters to him. He didnt say that he disagrees with protests, just that he disagrees with disrespecting the flag. Despite all that is wrong with this country, it is still the only country which affords more freedom than any other on the planet.

your argument, in this sense, is rather weak.

You're taking this out of context. Drew Brees has to walk back into a locker room with guys who are hurting and do not want their right to protest to be criticized anymore. One of the last people they would want to be critical of this is the face of the franchise and the starting QB. HE CAN FEEL HOWEVER HE WANTS. NO ONE IS TELLING HIM HE CAN'T SAY WHAT HE SAID. No one is taking away his first amendment rights But people were hurt by his lack of awareness to what they are going through and rightfully so. He chose to say it and he chose to apologize. He could have doubled down. But either way he has to walk back into that locker room and deal with that.

You're taking this out of context. Drew Brees has to walk back into a locker room with guys who are hurting and do not want their right to protest to be criticized anymore. One of the last people they would want to be critical of this is the face of the franchise and the starting QB. HE CAN FEEL HOWEVER HE WANTS. NO ONE IS TELLING HIM HE CAN'T SAY WHAT HE SAID. No one is taking away his first amendment rights But people were hurt by his lack of awareness to what they are going through and rightfully so. He chose to say it and he chose to apologize. He could have doubled down. But either way he has to walk back into that locker room and deal with that.

it will be interesting who accepts his apologies in that lockerroom the who don't. Shannon Sharpe(i know, of all people) wants him to retire. Retire?? I don't think he's free to say what he feels, to be honest. I knew the backlash would be great, but damn, it's not like he set a church on fire. People want an apology, they get it and bascially tell him, "nope, you already said it.,too late." I think there are greater villans through all of this than Drew Brees.

In all of this back and forth on this thread the one thing that hasn't been squashed was freedom of speech. Drew was able to freely say what he said, and those that didn't agree were able to freely disagree and let it be known. So, not really seeing where freedom of speech was in jeopardy here. The government didn't step on and interfere with either side.

Freedom of speech doesn't mean you get to say whatever you want without consequences or backlash.

it will be interesting who accepts his apologies in that lockerroom the who don't. Shannon Sharpe(i know, of all people) wants him to retire. Retire?? I don't think he's free to say what he feels, to be honest. I knew the backlash would be great, but damn, it's not like he set a church on fire. People want an apology, they get it and bascially tell him, "nope, you already said it.,too late." I think there are greater villans through all of this than Drew Brees.

I agree with this man. Some people have went waaaaaay overboard with this. He apologized. We should be able to let the man move on and see how he handles things with his teammates. In private. I really really really don't like this cancel culture bullshit and I think it sets a bad precedent. Liam Neeson was telling a story about when he was young a friend of his was raped by a black man. He said he had fantasies about finding the first black man he could find and getting revenge......he said he grabbed a club and went out hoping someone black would approach him so he could beat them. He was young. He was hurting. Luckily nothing came of it. That was almost 40 years ago. He was holding back tears telling the story and was CLEARLY ashamed of it. The cancel culture brigade came right after him calling him a racist and saying he should be finished and all these ridiculous "think pieces" came out about it. It was simply a man admitting his past wrongs that he had learned from. There has to be a place for that or what the hell is the point. No one would say anything and nothing would get done.

Last edited:
Drew Brees -
The outpour of support during the threat of COVID-19 continues, as New Orleans Saints quarterback Drew Brees and his wife Brittany have become the latest to show their share of generosity during this difficult time. The Brees family is working with multiple partners to help provide over 10,000 meals daily throughout the state of Louisiana to those in need.

"Brittany and I are committing $5,000,000 to the State of Louisiana in 2020. The priority now is helping our communities get through this tough time," Brees announced on his personal Instagram account.

"After considerable research and conversations with local organizations, we will be mobilizing our partnerships with Second Harvest Food Bank, Ochsner Health Systems, Walk-Ons, Jimmy Johns, Smalls Sliders and Waitr to prepare and deliver over 10,000 meals per day throughout Louisiana for as long as it takes to children on meal programs, seniors, and families in need. Let’s all do our part, maintain hope, and get through this together."
- https://www.si.com/nfl/saints/news/drew-brees-donate-10-million-louisiana-coronavirus

And after Katrina -
Yet those who have watched Brees at Purdue, at San Diego, and now at New Orleans know he's greater than the sum of his stats. And now we have more proof. Now we have a number that goes beyond all the numbers.

That number is one million. In an interview with CBS' "Person To Person" to air this week, Brees will announce his pledge of $1 million to help victims of Hurricane Sandy.

And in the same interview, Brees said he will be donating $2 million to New Orleans area organizations and charities.

Anyone in New Orleans will tell you Brees has already done more than enough in the Bayou to cement his reputation as one of the most beloved public figures who ever lived there. Some would even say he's done that by winning a Super Bowl alone. Even in the awful days after Hurricane Katrina ravaged the city in 2005, it was staggering and touching to hear how fans counted their blessings and mentioned the Saints among them. Never has a city deserved a championship like New Orleans deserved its NFL title, and Brees delivered it.

But winning is only part of Brees' long list of achievements. The Brees Dream Foundation, founded in 2003, has reached into all sorts of noble pursuits, not least of which was helping New Orleans recover from Katrina. Brees' charity, which is run with high-school sweetheart turned wife, Brittany, has committed or contributed more than $11 million to everything from building a world-class park to supporting a New Orleans ballet association. A lot of celebrity charities are for show – empty offices with little true muscle behind well-meaning names. For Brees, it's the opposite: His charity does a lot more than many of his most ardent fans realize.
- https://sports.yahoo.com/news/nasca...-1-million-to-victims-of-hurricane-sandy.html

But he says he doesn't agree with disrespecting the American flag, and he is such a terrible person that people who never have and never will help anyone out of charity would see him destroyed.

Last edited: