• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Dri Archer Will Officially Be Listed as a Wide Receiver

steelpastor

Reaction score

Per SteelerDepot, Dri Archer sent out via Instagram that he has changed his number from #34 to #13--a number only available to a WR, QB or Kicker. It seems pretty clear that he will not be playing as either of the latter two. They envision Archer as a WR who will play some out of the backfield... rather than a RB who will play some at Wide Receiver.

Could this end up saving us a roster spot?

I confirmed of the Steelers official site as well.

Given that 5'8" and 175 is small for a WR, there are however some current players with similar height/weight...DeSean Jackson is 5'10" and 175, TY Hilton is 5'9" and 178, Wes Welker is 5'9" and 185, Steve Smith is 5'9" and 184, Ace Sanders is 5'7" and 178.

Dri Archer had 100 catches while at Kent. If he can get 40 catches (Wallace had 40 catches his rookie year and Holmes had 50) plus kick-offs plus some situational runs (say 50)... I think he earns his keep. Hopefully, his catches rise versus his carries.

Archer was 5'7 at the Combine.

This is the right move. Putting him in the slot makes defenses think far more than sticking him in the backfield. WR is his NFL ticket.

Sir please post any Archer related articles in the soon to be 50 page thread. Thanks.

c'mon Steel!

We are trying to make a 50 page thread- we cant achieve this with you diluting the content:cool:

You called me a liar! You suck! Show me my email!! Prove it!! No, YOU suck! F-you, douchebag! Bite me, asswipe!

Sorry, wrong thread. :o