• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Early training camp news per reports

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
Elliot and Bishop are taking Sutton’s inside reps out of the gates.

Polamalu and Shazier stopped in for a visit.

Fields looked good in his day 1 showing. But according to one report not great.

WR coach had some words with Pickens.

CB Cory Trice was not limited in practice a full go.

Leal was making plays - good start coming off a soso last season.

No camp holdouts.

Source (trust me bruh)

Kidding (Twitter)

Well the door opened a crack for Fields. Will he make the most out of it?
I think it is going to be a rough go for him to supplant Wilson. Not sure outside of injury that will happened.

Well the door opened a crack for Fields. Will he make the most out of it?

Let’s hope he does and there is a legitimate competition.

Iron sharpens Iron.

Salute the nation

I know Fields has his issues, he needs to be behind Russ and learn, Lear, learn.

If there is a chance for his success along the way, it might as well be with the STEELERS.

Salute the nation

Liked like a bullet shooting out of a gun there.

Andrew sure has his fair share of critics, not to flip the script…
very fast indeed. very encouraging. He got great QB pressure but didn't get the sack. I say DPOY material. :giggle:
I am very hyped about this kid. He is doing all the right things so far. Can't wait to see him against padded NFL blockers aiming for him. Got a feeling he will leave a few people looking for their jocks.

I know Fields has his issues, he needs to be behind Russ and learn, Lear, learn.

If there is a chance for his success along the way, it might as well be with the STEELERS.

Salute the nation

Yep. He still has potential, but I dont think people realize how ****** he is from Chicago trying to make him Lamar 2.0..

Liked like a bullet shooting out of a gun there.

Andrew sure has his fair share of critics, not to flip the script…
No doubt...He says a lot of crap. Would be nice if he hits on this one.

Yep. He still has potential, but I dont think people realize how ****** he is from Chicago trying to make him Lamar 2.0..
Tomlin will do his magic.....a Lamar 1.5 perhaps?

Why am I not surprised Pickens already got into it with a coach?

NOT defending, but we don’t know what was said.

Could have been anything from correcting a wrong route, to taking a play off.

The positive is that the WR Coach spoke up and didn’t let him off the hook.

Accountability and practice goes a long way in training camp, but a long way during the season.

Salute the nation

do they still do that running deal on 1st day of camp? the one that Casey H. failed?

do they still do that running deal on 1st day of camp? the one that Casey H. failed?
14 100yrd sprints or something like that iirc. don't know if they still do that or not but HCMT did say yesterday they did their conditioning test after players checked in. I assume it is still the sprint test but could have changed.

14 100yrd sprints or something like that iirc. don't know if they still do that or not but HCMT did say yesterday they did their conditioning test after players checked in. I assume it is still the sprint test but could have changed.
ty used to be such a big deal. lately have not heard much

Why am I not surprised Pickens already got into it with a coach?
Pickens needs pushed. He has the talent to excellent, just needs to put it all together and continue to grow as a player.

The offense was the talk of the day, particularly with a lot of familiar elements of Arthur Smith's offense already in place. Pat Freiermuth was reported as the clear No. 2 target for the offense behind Pickens.

Speaking of Freiermuth, I'd like to see an extension get done during camp in the $12-13 million range. That'd put him well within the top-10 paid tight ends, but out of range of the upper tier--particularly below the $14 million per year Mark Andrews makes.

I did read they did some sort of one last year. So they definitely do something.

Pickens needs pushed. He has the talent to excellent, just needs to put it all together and continue to grow as a player.

The offense was the talk of the day, particularly with a lot of familiar elements of Arthur Smith's offense already in place. Pat Freiermuth was reported as the clear No. 2 target for the offense behind Pickens.

Speaking of Freiermuth, I'd like to see an extension get done during camp in the $12-13 million range. That'd put him well within the top-10 paid tight ends, but out of range of the upper tier--particularly below the $14 million per year Mark Andrews makes.
Definitely needs to be pushed they just internally need to address getting handsy with the WR coach.

Here is another small report from Thursday.

Nice stories. We always hear the positive this time of year. But, we learned last year that preseason means nothing. Kenny was great, then what's wrong with Kenny?