• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Early training camp news per reports

Been following this organization for a loooong time and will not allow myself to bye into any hype in the preseason.
I’ll reserve my judgement for when the season starts in September, that’s when I start evaluating this team.
I see a lot of question marks surrounding this team and its coaching causing my expectations to be rather low but we’ll see.
What I d know for sure you must have quality from the most important position on any team, QB and thats one of my question marks.
OL, DL, CB, WR are all question marks that have lowered my expectations until I see different.
Coaching is always on the table and once again here we are again.
I’ll have to see vast improvement from Tomlin to garner any confidence in this team and I don’t mean the same old mediocre results we’ve grown accustomed to and that ownership seems to accept.
It all begins for me in September in Atlanta not Latrobe, Pa,
You can bet that they will open the season unprepared and with halfass effort, just like so many times before.

And I want to make it clear what I deam a player who's attitude is an impediment to winning looks like to me. Some dumb penalties. Can live with. Some fiery nature occasionally can have minor conflict with teamates but can be settled down. Can live with. Puts his numbers and accomplishment ahead of winning. Trade him as fast as you can. AB. Claypool. DJ. Probably this knucklehead. You cannot win with those guys they are good time guys. They put up numbers you win. Everything good. Otherwise you are screwed. They don't pull the rope the same way as the rest of the team snd it's a bummer to all.

Of course. But it's basically all public and open to judgement and discussion. And has effect on team. Otherwise, shut the board down cause there is nothing to talk about.
There’s plenty to talk about besides a players choice of wardrobe or their personal stuff.

I don’t care what a player does personally. I’m not emotionally attached to care if they get into fights, or have quirky attitudes.

I only care about the football stuff that I get to watch. Even then I find it impractical to get emotional over it.

That’s my opinion alone. I just get irked when others are concerned about what others do. I deal with it too much at work to where it annoys me outside of work

There’s plenty to talk about besides a players choice of wardrobe or their personal stuff.

I don’t care what a player does personally. I’m not emotionally attached to care if they get into fights, or have quirky attitudes.

I only care about the football stuff that I get to watch. Even then I find it impractical to get emotional over it.

That’s my opinion alone. I just get irked when others are concerned about what others do. I deal with it too much at work to where it annoys me outside of work
I'm not talking about him having an argument with his girlfriend here. I'm talking about him acting like a petulant child during games on national TV. Cause if thats the **** you see you can only guess what you are not seeing. I'm sure you've been on teams. Probably more then you can count. Guys who act like *** hats and the coach tries to dance around....they sink the ship period. Cause everyone else goes I'm here to do my job and this tool is getting kid gloves acting like this is JV and he is the star player.

I'm not talking about him having an argument with his girlfriend here. I'm talking about him acting like a petulant child during games on national TV. Cause if thats the **** you see you can only guess what you are not seeing. I'm sure you've been on teams. Probably more then you can count. Guys who act like *** hats and the coach tries to dance around....they sink the ship period. Cause everyone else goes I'm here to do my job and this tool is getting kid gloves acting like this is JV and he is the star player.
If he acts like a petulant child during games then thats on coaches and his employer. That’s on said player to account for. These guys make way to much money for me to care about this type of stuff anymore.

My mentality is to do just do my job and go home. I really don’t care what others do. Anything emotional is handled in private and we go about our way.

If he acts like a petulant child during games then thats on coaches and his employer. That’s on said player to account for. These guys make way to much money for me to care about this type of stuff anymore.

My mentality is to do just do my job and go home. I really don’t care what others do. Anything emotional is handled in private and we go about our way.
Fair but that applies to all things here and exactly what do you talk about?

Fair but that applies to all things here and exactly what do you talk about?
Just depends which part of the forum I’m on.
Football or hockey wise. There’s always the season potential to talk about. Who looked like they were fitting in from a strategy/system perspective.

I’d rather just talk about the game more these days than x player was on the sideline doing this and that.

Even on here. I just check in cause we’ve been around for years at this point. Concerns and discussion here are like talking at family get togethers

Just depends which part of the forum I’m on.
Football or hockey wise. There’s always the season potential to talk about. Who looked like they were fitting in from a strategy/system perspective.

I’d rather just talk about the game more these days than x player was on the sideline doing this and that.

Even on here. I just check in cause we’ve been around for years at this point. Concerns and discussion here are like talking at family get togethers
That's fair. Enjoy.

Ok so he was perfectly fine and then the min he got drafted by the Steelers something came over him and he decided to stand in front of the TV with a balaclava on like a ****** idiot. And the three or four mind numbing things a year since. You can't hide this ****. People knew what he was. I'm sure health concerns were paramount. But top 10. No way. They knew.
Cmon, bro... so what he was standing in front of the TV with his baklava on. My son and nephews do the same damn thing and none of them have health concerns.

George is sensitive, at times, but the whole damn generation is a well. We all did it to them by allowing that crap.

I truly suggest you go back and watch all of his film from college. Absolute beast...

And I want to make it clear what I deam a player who's attitude is an impediment to winning looks like to me. Some dumb penalties. Can live with. Some fiery nature occasionally can have minor conflict with teamates but can be settled down. Can live with. Puts his numbers and accomplishment ahead of winning. Trade him as fast as you can. AB. Claypool. DJ. Probably this knucklehead. You cannot win with those guys they are good time guys. They put up numbers you win. Everything good. Otherwise you are screwed. They don't pull the rope the same way as the rest of the team snd it's a bummer to all.
Remove George from the roster now or anytime this year and your *** would be fired faster than you can say "maple syrup"...

You're a smart guy. You know that times have changed and ultimately so have the tonneau youngsters coming in the league.

You're not going to find a shiny penny anymore. The internet and social media have ****** that up for the whole world.

You have to take some risks and hopefully not throw the baby out with the bath water...

Yep, as long as they work hard, stay focused at their job, are a team player and not a locker room distraction, I couldn't care less about their personal choices in life.
In fact, that applies to everyone.

That’s his obstacle to overcome.

If it impacts his work. Then that’s up to his coaches and owners to worry about.

I have no care in what he does
That was the same attitude for AB also. Team kept everything under the rug until it suited them to let everyone know what they had been hiding. The cancer that was AB destroyed the inner workings of the team first culture that Pittsburgh had here.

All I wanna do is a boom boom. Nailed it!

All I wanna do is zoom-a-zoom-zoom-zoom (Yeah)
In a pum pum, just shake ya rump (Rump shaker)
All I wanna do is zoom-a-zoom-zoom-zoom
Crap like this makes it really easy to skim by your posts and not take them seriously. Even on the rare occasion you have a good point to make.

You're never going to get everyone to agree with anything you say. Nobody is. But you continually try. You make the exact same arguments over and over. Anyone who agrees with you has already bought in. Eventually it always devolves into childish crap like this.

Time to grow up! You're embarrassing yourself.

Last edited:
Cmon, bro... so what he was standing in front of the TV with his baklava on. My son and nephews do the same damn thing and none of them have health concerns.

George is sensitive, at times, but the whole damn generation is a well. We all did it to them by allowing that crap.

I truly suggest you go back and watch all of his film from college. Absolute beast...
You do bring up a good point it is harder now a days not to see these kids act in this manner. I feel for new parents.

You do bring up a good point it is harder now a days not to see these kids act in this manner. I feel for new parents.
I think the issue isnt so much that wrs act more narcissistic these days... there are stories of "me first" guys going back many decades on many teams... i just think its more accepted to act out in public now... back when TO was assholing his way through the league, a player basically said those guys are on every team, just less flamboyant about it... another guy in the players tribune anonymously said you tolerate those jackasses as long as their talent level requires it... as soon as they start to dip, you see them replaced ASAP, even if they are still good...

That was the same attitude for AB also. Team kept everything under the rug until it suited them to let everyone know what they had been hiding. The cancer that was AB destroyed the inner workings of the team first culture that Pittsburgh had here.
As I stated with SteelerSask. I don’t care.
That’s up to the employer(Steelers) and said player to settle.

These type of things have no impact on me whatsoever

Yep, as long as they work hard, stay focused at their job, are a team player and not a locker room distraction, I couldn't care less about their personal choices in life.
In fact, that applies to everyone.
Exactly.
I deal with people at work are concerned about others. They’re the most disgruntled ones everytime.

Sure I can say it sucks when someone is standing around or hiding out on there phone getting paid the same as me, but at the end of the day, that’s up to the bosses to deliver the discipline.

Remove George from the roster now or anytime this year and your *** would be fired faster than you can say "maple syrup"...

You're a smart guy. You know that times have changed and ultimately so have the tonneau youngsters coming in the league.

You're not going to find a shiny penny anymore. The internet and social media have ****** that up for the whole world.

You have to take some risks and hopefully not throw the baby out with the bath water...
No you are right you can't move him now. But here is the most likely scenario. Wildcard Groundhog weekend start looking for answers. Look back at the several tantrums he had and he gets moved next off season. Think moving DJ was a roster decision like Tomlin said Bermuda? Really?

Your son and nephew are not on national TV for the biggest moment of their professional life. I don't need to go watch his ****** highlights. I've watched his game for two years. He is a very talented,big fast kid with a great catch radius. He has a very limited route tree and he gives up on some plays. And is soft mentally. Every word of that is 100 percent accurate.

Last edited:
Crap like this makes it really easy to skim by your posts and not take them seriously. Even on the rare occasion you have a good point to make.

You're never going to get everyone to agree with anything you say. Nobody is. But you continually try. You make the exact same arguments over and over. Anyone who agrees with you has already bought in. Eventually it always devolves into childish crap like this.

Time to grow up! You're embarrassing yourself.
I have taken action using the ignore button to lesson the crap, childish, name calling posts in here. It's already making a difference.

As I stated with SteelerSask. I don’t care.
That’s up to the employer(Steelers) and said player to settle.

These type of things have no impact on me whatsoever
Yep yep. In actually life I can careless also. In the realm of fandomhood I personally hope the people you mentioned at some point take care of the issue.

Reactions: MTC
I have taken action using the ignore button to lesson the crap, childish, name calling posts in here. It's already making a difference.

Lesson (noun): An instructional session; a means of providing constructive information; a source of wisdom or learning. "When he left the oven on while drinking, Bob learned a valuable lesson."

Lessen (verb): To lower or reduce; to bring about a reduction. "Politicians enact laws to lessen their accountability to voters."

Lesson (noun): An instructional session; a means of providing constructive information; a source of wisdom or learning. "When he left the oven on while drinking, Bob learned a valuable lesson."

Lessen (verb): To lower or reduce; to bring about a reduction. "Politicians enact laws to lessen their accountability to voters."
I don't think we disagree.

Your son and nephew are not on national TV for the biggest moment of their professional life. I don't need to go watch his ****** highlights. I've watched his game for two years. He is a very talented,big fast kid with a great catch radius. He has a very limited route tree and he gives up on some plays. And is soft mentally. Every word of that is 100 percent accurate.
Yes, please go back and watch. He can run ever route. Coach Canada just didn't use the whole route tree and Kenny would've just not looked there anyway...