• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Ebola out of control in Africa

Ebola Patient's Pet Dog to Be Euthanized as Precaution

Spanish health authorities reacted forcefully today after a nurse's aide was found to have contracted Ebola, putting her in an isolation unit, quarantining her husband and two other people, and getting a court order to euthanize her dog.

The case marked the first time the disease has been contracted outside of west Africa and has alarmed health workers throughout Europe.

The European Union has demanded an explanation from Spain as to how the health worker could have become infected. “Tomorrow morning, we will have an audio conference call of EU's Health Security Committee," said Frederic Vincent, a spokesman for European Health Commission. “We will all listen very carefully to what the Spanish officials have to tell us on why was the hospital not ready for Ebola patients.”

The response by Madrid raised the specter that pets could spread the disease.

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/ebola-patients-pet-dog-euthanized-precaution/story?id=26014974

-------------------

Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!

The response by Madrid raised the specter that pets could spread the disease.

Somewhere Michael Vick is watching this on the news and saying "WTF?"

haha, top of Drudge right now
th

and another one down, another one down, another one bites the dust...

http://toprightnews.com/?p=6412

Thomas Eric Duncan, the first person to rest positive for the Ebola virus in the United States, died Wednesday (Oct. 8) morning at 7:51 a.m., Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Dallas announced today.

Duncan had been receiving the experimental drug brincidofovir since Saturday. The latest update on his condition, released yesterday afternoon by the hospital, was that he was on a ventilator and had been receiving kidney dialysis.

A statement from the hospital about the news of Duncan’s passing reads:

It is with profound sadness and heartfelt disappointment that we must inform you of the death of Thomas Eric Duncan this morning at 7:51 am. Mr. Duncan succumbed to an insidious disease, Ebola. He fought courageously in this battle. Our professionals, the doctors and nurses in the unit, as well as the entire Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Dallas community, are also grieving his passing. We have offered the family our support and condolences at this difficult time.

Duncan lied on his travel documents in order to board a plane in Liberia on September 19, arriving in Dallas the following day. He reported feeling ill on September 24 and sought care at Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital the next day. Doctors released Duncan with a prescription for antibiotics on September 26.

He was readmitted to the hospital two days later.

Duncan had been facing charges from the Liberian government and Dallas D.A. for document and immigration fraud, Friends in Liberia said Duncan knew he had Ebola, and put untold numbers of his fellow passengers, friends, family and strangers in danger before being hospitalized.

It is estimated Duncan had contacted 50-70 people during that time frame. So far no other individuals have shown symptoms as a result of Duncan’s exposure in the Dallas area.

Family members of Duncan remain under quarantine. The family hasn’t showed symptoms of the virus and will remain under monitoring and isolation until October 19.

The Obama Administration has come under withering criticism for failing to enact flight restrictions on passengers coming from Ebola-affected “hot zones” in Africa. As I reported last week, despite the the White House’s assertion that African “screening” for passengers using temporal thermometers was “sufficient,” experts demonstrated how using simply Ibuprofen (Advil) can defeat those scanners long enough to gain access to a flight, for those desperate enough to make the journey.

As Top Right News also reported on October 5th, Border Agents have reported a doubling in the number of illegal aliens from Ebola-affected nations who have crossed the Southern border in the past six months.

I think that with the elections coming up, Bomma will ultimately HAVE to ban travel from west Africa and the social justice folks will be just as baffled as the peaceniks when he re-fired the war machine.

reportedly a 2nd ebola victim in Dallas, now, too.

yay.

way to lead from behind.

yay.

way to lead from behind.
That's how you turn Texas into a blue state. Bomma is trying to kill Republicans the same way that Reagan killed gay people by inventing AIDS.

yay.

way to lead from behind.

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/?lead=frisco-patient-exhibiting-ebola-symptoms

This deputy had no contact with him.

Monning was not one of the 48 people being monitored by federal, state and local health officials because he never had direct contact with the patient. Monnig did enter the apartment where Duncan stayed after Duncan had been admitted to the hospital.
“He was in the apartment for 30 minutes, which we were told is no chance to contact the virus,” said Logan.

I really hope this one is a false alarm.

****. I live in Frisco TX. That Care Now is 6 miles from my house.

Hey, I think it's a great idea to give very expensive and difficult-to-obtain medical care to people who know they have the disease, lie about it, and come to the U.S. illegally to get the treatment, without a ******* nickel to cover the costs and without having paid a goddam dime for medical care or medical insurance their entire lives.

That could not possibly encourage others to do the same, now, could it? And bringing in Ebola infected Africans to our country ... what possible harm could that cause???

If it's not a false alarm, we are truly ******.

Bomma will lead us through this.

I think that with the elections coming up, Bomma will ultimately HAVE to ban travel from west Africa and the social justice folks will be just as baffled as the peaceniks when he re-fired the war machine.

******* reality.......just blows their minds.

Bomma will lead us through this.

If by "lead" you mean "dragged kicking and screaming" to a too late solution you're correct.

Hey, I think it's a great idea to give very expensive and difficult-to-obtain medical care to people who know they have the disease, lie about it, and come to the U.S. illegally to get the treatment, without a ******* nickel to cover the costs and without having paid a goddam dime for medical care or medical insurance their entire lives.

That could not possibly encourage others to do the same, now, could it? And bringing in Ebola infected Africans to our country ... what possible harm could that cause???
I detect a note of sarcasm. And you're a racist. ;)

"There must be SOME way that we caused them to get Ebola, or at the very least it's Bush's fault, so we have to let them in and take care of them now." /Libtards

Obamacare has it covered....now pay your medical insurance or be subjected to fines, levies and forfeitures.

If by "lead" you mean "dragged kicking and screaming" to a too late solution you're correct.

yes, he is the single greatest president since george washington.