• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Ebola out of control in Africa

Excellent point, Confluence. Never even thought of the Brussels connection....

Here's a plan. Ban all travel from Africa. Ban all travel from all countries that don't ban travel to Africa. Oh, and secure our borders.

How come only one person now affected in Dallas, and none in Brussels where dude transited?

This may be differentially transmittable, and that would suck for some/many, but more people should have been infected by now if this was spreading geometrically.

There is clearly more to the story of how this virus moves.

Exactly. If the nurse, any nurse for that matter practiced universal precautions they would be wearing the correct PPE. How does she come in contact with his bodily fluids and or blood? She doesn't. Then, how the **** she get it? Hmm. Next week I say we have five cases, 30 by end of November.

Dr. Nancy Snyderman may have gone all home remedy to prevent Ebola ... because she may have made a very secret run Thursday to a New Jersey restaurant known for its soup ... thus violating her voluntary quarantine.

The NBC doc and her news team were placed on a 21-day voluntary quarantine as a precaution, because one of their cameramen tested positive for Ebola.

But Snyderman reportedly violated the quarantine by going to the Peasant Grill in Hopewell Boro, New Jersey Thursday afternoon. Several people say they saw Snyderman in her Mercedes with shades and a ponytail as a man walked inside the restaurant to pick up some grub ... this according to Planet Princeton.

We're told the owners of the restaurant did not see Snyderman there.

The risk of Ebola for Snyderman and her crew is low ... nonetheless, the New Jersey Department of Health has now issued a mandatory quarantine for the group.

Someone connected to the restaurant tells TMZ ... the Peasant Grill is one of Nancy's favorite restaurant ... so much so she sometimes uses them to cater dinner parties.

NBC News will not discuss the matter, telling TMZ there are privacy concerns. We also left messages for Snyderman and her rep ... so far no response.

BTW ... we hear the seafood chowder is fabulous.

Massachusetts Hospital Treating Patient With Ebola-Like Symptoms
By ABC News Oct 12, 2014, 5:52 PM
A man who had been to Liberia was being treated today for Ebola-like symptoms at a Massachsetts hospital, officials announced.

The patient presented himself this morning at Harvard Vanguard Medical Associates Braintree, complaining of headache and muscle aches, and was taken by ambulance to Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center in Boston.

Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center's Dr. Ken Sands said the patient was being tested, and it will take about 24 to 48 hours for the results.

"The first step is to assess whether the patient should be considered a suspected Ebola case," Sands said. "We have personnel available that have been previously trained, both nurses and clinicians and other support staff and that team is here on site and available to take care of the patient."

PREV HEALTHNEXT
FROM AROUND THE WEB
Better Off Without Them: 10 Cars Not Worth Ever Leaving the Lot (Business Cheat Sheet)
7 Cars That Are 100% Worth Their Price-Tags (Insider Car News)
Top 10 Most Dangerous Cities Everyone Must Avoid (Amerikanki)
What I Said When My Son Realized We Would All Die (Cafe)
MORE FROM ABC NEWS
US Hospitals Drill to Prep for Ebola But Real Outbreak Could Be Trickier
Oct 10, 2014, 3:05 PM
Former Ballerina Teaches Students with Down Syndrome to Dance
Oct 10, 2014, 10:43 AM
Young Breast Cancer Patients Grapple With Fertility
Oct 10, 2014, 10:32 AM
Life Expectancy in the US Reaches All-Time High
Oct 8, 2014, 2:58 AM
HEALTH VIDEO

CDC Director Blames Breach in Protocol...

Gen. Martin Dempsey on Stopping Ebola's...

'Heroic' Health Care Worker Tests...

New Case of Ebola in America

Mother of Enterovirus Patient Describes...

Ebola Screenings Stepped Up at US...

Football Injuries Force Michigan High...

New Jersey Father Remembers Son Who Died...

Dallas County Deputy Released After...

Airport Workers Get a Crash Course in...

Fast-Food Discount Wars: Battle of the...

Synthetic Material Believed to Cause...
prev 1 of 4next
JOIN THE DISCUSSION
share tweet
© 2014 ABC News Internet Ventures. All rights reserved.
Regular Site | Privacy Policy | Interest-Based Ads | Terms of Use | Feedback

I thought I had the Ebola. Turns out it was just a side effect of watching the Steelers.

Not to be a wet blanket on the "afterglow" of today's, er, contest, but do you suppose...

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-...sealed-coffins-ebola-victims-aka-fema-coffins
CDC Suggests "Hermetically Sealed Coffins" For Ebola Victims - AKA "FEMA Coffins"
Submitted by Tyler Durden on 10/08/2014 22:22 -0400

Submitted by Brandon Smith via Alt-Market.com,

I remember years back when I was still writing for my original website, Neithercorp.us, we came across a then little known video of air tight "coffin liners", hundreds of thousands, stacked in a field in the middle of Madison, Georgia in close proximity to Atlanta and the home of the CDC. We helped break that story which immediately swept through independent media circles. Owners of the property leased to store the hermetically sealing plastic coffins stated that it was the CDC that had rented the land for storage of the coffins. Confirmation from the CDC has not been forthcoming.

fema-coffins.jpg

I have been keeping my eyes open for any mention of these kinds of coffins since that story was released, knowing that one day, they would suddenly be touted by the government as if they had always been in use. It appears that day is close at hand...

In a story for Yahoo News, the CDC says that in the event of an Ebola outbreak in the U.S., bodies of the deceased would be required to be buried within "hermetically sealed caskets", which would prevent the escape of microbes during funerals. An administrator of the Dallas Institute Of Funeral Service interviewed in the article states that he has never come across any such caskets in his industry, meaning, hermetically sealed coffins are NOT common in the slightest for burial. The CDC coffins in Madison, Georgia, though, ARE designed to prevent spread of infection. In fact, the patent for these coffins confirms that they are meant for the burial or cremation of bodies exposed to infectious diseases. You can read the patent here: https://www.scribd.com/doc/17690179/Multi-Functional-Cremation-Container-For

This would suggest that the CDC has stockpiled such coffins in places like Madison, Georgia specifically in preparation for a viral outbreak.

Meaning, the CDC has been expecting the deaths of hundreds of thousands of Americans due to infection for at least the past six years.

That is a LONG period of preparation. Such preparation requires certainty, not hypothesis, especially were the federal government is involved. Our government was so certain of a viral catastrophe they purchased fields full of sealing coffins to be ready for it; not to prevent it, but to have the means to clean up after it.

Let that thought settle for a moment, and then read my latest article, 'An Ebola Outbreak Would Be Advantageous For Globalists', to understand the bigger picture...

Go Steelers!

I'm halfway through mortuary science school and I did learn that if someone dies from Mad Cow disease it is still transmissible even after the body has been embalmed. So that's some serious stuff.

I bet progressives aren't overly concerned about an ebola pandemic. People are evil, and killing off 1/3 of the earths population would save the planet.

I bet progressives aren't overly concerned about an ebola pandemic. People are evil, and killing off 1/3 of the earths population would save the planet.

A third isn't the number. They think an "ideal" population is about 100 million, with 90 million of them "working" and another 9 million "managing" the "workers".

It would be interesting to see what professional football evolves into. I doubt that Rog shares that vision. Betcha defense will win championships.

Every year a few hundred thousand people across the globe die of influenza. Not an exotic strain, or a new strain that seems hellbent on finishing us all, just regular, common, flu. This year, things could be very different though.

Isolating suspected bola patients who are feverish, coughing and generally feeling crap is one thing, but having the facilities to isolate thousands of people in a given area because they have symptoms that could be Ebola is something else altogether.

This coming flu season, is in my mind, going to be he most dangerous one we have ever faced. This is the one where it’s more than likely, an Ebola sufferer is going to slip through the net. An Ebola sufferer with influenza, or even a common cold is the stuff of nightmares. Every cough, sneeze and wheeze will be spreading not only seasonal flu but Ebola virus at the same time.

Those that have read my musing will already know that Ebola is the disease I fear most. I am not being alarmist, but it is the one disease that so far we cannot cure. Even if the new wonder drug hopeful ZMapp works, it will be months and months before there is anywhere near enough to treat a widespread epidemic, let alone a pandemic of this disease.

Now many people will say that Ebola is not airborne…I disagree. Scientists confirmed a long time ago that all Ebola viruses act in the same way but vary in their virulence. Ebola Reston exhibited airborne transmission as far back as 1990.

Yesterday Kim Paxton reported:

- See more at: http://undergroundmedic.com/?p=6657#sthash.hSyFsFp7.dpuf

http://undergroundmedic.com/?p=6657

Think about Ebola vs HIV. Which is more difficult to transmit? HIV has to basically be introduced into your body via needle stick or exchange of bodily fluids. Ebola can be transmitted via far less invasive contact with an infected person.
Now think about this: There are more than 1 MILLION Americans living with HIV, with about 50,000 new case every year.... But don't worry, the government tells us that Ebola is under control, and when have they ever been wrong?

Yep.....breaking on the local news here. At the KU medical center in Kansas City.....

I truely hate this president. Just said banning travel won't help. Wtf!!!

He's a fuckwit with no clue. I quit listening to him ages ago.

Now it may be in my town. http://www.timesdispatch.com/richmo...cle_cb28d73a-5320-11e4-97f5-0017a43b2370.html

A local clinic and state officials are evaluating whether a patient who had recently traveled to West Africa and appeared at clinic offices in South Richmond Monday is at risk of Ebola infection.
Officials at CrossOver Ministry clinic, at 108 Cowardin Ave., said they were talking to city public health officials Monday about whether the patient would be tested for Ebola. Steps were underway Monday night to assure that state laboratories were available for whatever procedures may be warranted, officials said.
“We immediately put the person in isolation and immediately called the health department,” said Julie Bilodeau of CrossOver Ministry, a faith-based free clinic whose patient population includes many immigrants.

hines, since ebola infects those with firearms, send yours to me for safe keeping.

BREAKING NEWS

It is estimated smoking is the cause for 480,000 deaths per year in the USA.
The flu 36,000. Ebola 1.

Score a big one for the media scare machine.

BREAKING NEWS

It is estimated smoking is the cause for 480,000 deaths per year in the USA.
The flu 36,000. Ebola 1.

Score a big one for the media scare machine.

you will be one of the first to go when the "walkers" rise and start to take over the world

I truely hate this president. Just said banning travel won't help. Wtf!!!

and he's sending 3000 of our troops to Africa to clean up infected vomit

16 Members of Doctors Without Borders Infected with Ebola, Nine Dead

JOHANNESBURG (AP) — International aid organization Doctors Without Borders said that 16 of its staff members have been infected with Ebola and nine of them have died

http://www.jems.com/article/news/16-members-doctors-without-borders-infec

Ted Turner did a disservice to the world. He created 24/7 news and since there is so little interesting news.
The news that does interest people needs to be repeated every 15 minutes, making people believe the
news is more important than it actually is.

Ebola, ISIS, Ferguson, repeat, Ebola, ISIS, Ferguson, repeat

Ted Turner did a disservice to the world. He created 24/7 news and since there is so little interesting news.
The news that does interest people needs to be repeated every 15 minutes, making people believe the
news is more important than it actually is.

Ebola, ISIS, Ferguson, repeat, Ebola, ISIS, Ferguson, repeat

It would help if they mentioned other things like IRS too.