• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Elon Musk Hints at Launching New Platform to Take on Twitter

What a great move to preserve free speech. He's done more to preserve the First Ammendment than any politician could.

I may actually go open a Twitter account in support, not that I'll really use it much.
I only have one so that someone else can't take my real name and to follow some Steelers and NASCAR drivers and formerly Trump. I've sent about 30 tweets in ten years.

Good read from Jonathan Turley

This is just awesome. Elon's Twitter fact checkers fact checked the White House last night and put disclaimers on their lies. The White House then deleted the tweet. LMAO :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

EDIT: It was NOT Elon's fact checkers. It was users. Users can opt into a fact checking program. Crowd sourcing fact checking. Brilliant! The White House taken down by you and me. Boom.

Last edited:

62ffd-16669479996875-1920.jpg

I spend a decent amount of time on Twitter (when I'm not suspended). I can see the changes. Liberal posts with stupid comments are getting mauled. I have not been suspended in almost a week. The takeover is glorious.

SN contributors, join Twitter. Non-contributors? Who gives a ****.

OMG this is epic!

Kathy Griffin permanently banned by twitter​

1667785406408.png

Kathy Griffin impersonated Elon Musk by changing the name of her account and tweeting political endorsements of Democrats. This was after Elon Musk had warned — ‘Going forward, any Twitter handles engaging in impersonation without clearly specifying parody will be permanently suspended.’

Kathy.jpeg

In Elon Musk’s first week at Twitter Inc., he flouted much of the advice management gurus have dished out for decades.

In the days since he closed a $44 billion takeover of Twitter, Mr. Musk has worked to rapidly overhaul the social network. He fired many of the company’s top leaders, including its general counsel, chief financial officer and chief executive officer. He conducted sweeping layoffs, eliminating roughly half of Twitter’s workforce on Friday. Along the way, he floated new product ideas, mocked internal management training, publicly disclosed a decline in revenue and hinted that other changes could be on the way.

The billionaire’s swift actions stand in contrast to those of many new leaders, who often use the first 90 days to meet with employees, listen to concerns and assess how to improve a company’s products before embarking on strategy shifts, executives and corporate advisers say.
“At a minimum, this is an untraditional approach,” said Joel Peterson, the former chairman of JetBlue Airways Corp., who has served on dozens of corporate boards and advised chief executives across industries. “It’s iconoclastic, it’s unusual, it’s not what everybody would do—but I don’t really fault him for it.”

Mr. Musk—who once described himself to The Wall Street Journal as a “nano manager” steeped in the smallest details—appears to be employing many of the management tactics he deployed in building his other companies, Tesla Inc. and Space Exploration Technologies Corp., executives and advisers say. Those include a hands-on obsession over product decisions, a distaste for corporate structures and a focus on speed. Tesla is now the world’s most-valuable car company, and SpaceX is the world’s busiest rocket-launch operation.

[more in the link]

Aweeeeee, gotta pay $8 for a Blue Check. Guess it was ok when Twitter was shadily charging up to $15K for them back door eh?

1667835018800.png 1667835039732.png

😂. Where is the outrage!

My guess is that the reason the dipshits are whining about the blue check fee is they don’t want it to be cheaply available to anyone… its a special status symbol …. Peons should not get that lol

So, help an old guy out here, what is the significance of a blue check? Is it a minimum requirement for being a ****, or just a status thing?

I don't participate and couldn't care less if Musk shut the whole thing down.

So, help an old guy out here, what is the significance of a blue check? Is it a minimum requirement for being a ****, or just a status thing?

I don't participate and couldn't care less if Musk shut the whole thing down.
It verifies that you are who you say you are. Doesn’t matter for me but it’s important for news people, politicians, celebrities, etc.