• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Elon Musk Hints at Launching New Platform to Take on Twitter

I just heard it was taking like a month for people to get "verified" etc. What does it actually take to get a person verified? A blood sample? Seriously, it shouldn't take more than 24 hours to verify a human being with just the basic information provided. User ID, password, email, phone, verification code sent and then input, bot check bypass = done. And they have 10k downloads according to the Google Play store so they can't be overrun with people. Can they be that inept? In any case, looks like a pretty colossal failure at this point.

Yeah even people on the right aren't getting sarcasm. It's like the strain of everything is taking its toll on people. When they were being sarcastic when Elon made his offer to buy Twitter, I heard things like "I told my 6-year old adopted Transsexual Asian child that Elon was taking over Twitter and Ze asked if they were going to be put in a concentration camp.

I choked back tears telling Ze it was all going to be okay while feeding them their grape-flavored hormone blockers". I mean, if you don't know they're joking there, c'mon man.
Yeah, it took me about a month. I'm sure they don't have nearly as many people working for them as Twitter and FB do. Besides being new, you've got to find Conservative IT people.

Yeah, it took me about a month. I'm sure they don't have nearly as many people working for them as Twitter and FB do. Besides being new, you've got to find Conservative IT people.

No doubt they don't have the people. Funny thing about Twitter though is as large as it is, it doesn't have that many employees (and it also shows).

My argument is washing away though

giphy.webp

As I just found this from their Wiki page "The service is only accessible via an iPhone app" although that must be a little old as I see I can get it from the Donk Store.

This isn't good though: "The platform has been criticized for its poor performance at launch, with waitlisting of users attempting to register, and extended outages.
The Truth Social platform has suffered from severe and persistent problems with scalability from the outset, limiting the platform's growth.[7][8]"

I just heard it was taking like a month for people to get "verified" etc. What does it actually take to get a person verified? A blood sample? Seriously, it shouldn't take more than 24 hours to verify a human being with just the basic information provided. User ID, password, email, phone, verification code sent and then input, bot check bypass = done. And they have 10k downloads according to the Google Play store so they can't be overrun with people. Can they be that inept? In any case, looks like a pretty colossal failure at this point.

Yeah even people on the right aren't getting sarcasm. It's like the strain of everything is taking its toll on people. When they were being sarcastic when Elon made his offer to buy Twitter, I heard things like "I told my 6-year old adopted Transsexual Asian child that Elon was taking over Twitter and Ze asked if they were going to be put in a concentration camp.

I choked back tears telling Ze it was all going to be okay while feeding them their grape-flavored hormone blockers". I mean, if you don't know they're joking there, c'mon man.
It’s going to get to the point we’ll make ourselves cry not understanding our own sarcasm

It’s going to get to the point we’ll make ourselves cry not understanding our own sarcasm
My millennial nephews have no concept of it at all. When I told them they were lazy *****, to stop milking off their family and to get the hell out of our house, I think they thought I was being sarcastic. 🤣

My millennial nephews have no concept of it at all. When I told them they were lazy *****, to stop milking off their family and to get the hell out of our house, I think they thought I was being sarcastic. 🤣
I’ve lost concept here to be honest. Everybody after 2020 seems to be on edge.

iu

Too much caffeine more than likely.
Indeed. Especially the pre workout powders that are sold in mom and pop stores.

*whew* my body is here. My soul is somewhere I out there at the moment

Looks like twitter reported 5% bots, it looks more like 20% bots or around 20 million fake accounts. If Elon can prove that, ole ******* is in big trouble.

Reactions: MTC
and now... Elongate

As expected. Libtards are evil liars.

and now... Elongate

Is this one of the women that must be believed?

He’s can’t be cancelled by the woketards. Like Nugent, Kid Rock, Rogan…he doesn’t give a **** what they think, so he’s immune. Rule #1: Don’t apologize. Rule #2: Tell ‘‘em to f uck off.
^^^
Exactly.

He’s can’t be cancelled by the woketards. Like Nugent, Kid Rock, Rogan…he doesn’t give a **** what they think, so he’s immune. Rule #1: Don’t apologize. Rule #2: Tell ‘‘em to f uck off.
A lot of his money comes from Govt. The media will dig up whatever they can real or imagined and drag him through the mud, lawsuits, possible time. Right now he's a traitor to the deep state. We'll see.

Or Chet Hanks, Tom Hanks' son.
Epic.

Tesla CEO Elon Musk’s deal to purchase Twitter is not finalized yet, but some major changes are already taking place at the social media company.

Twitter co-founder Jack Dorsey has stepped down from the company’s board.

“As we shared back in November, Jack would be leaving the Board when ‘his term expires at the 2022 meeting of stockholders,'” a Twitter spokesperson said in a statement.

Dorsey stepped down as the company’s CEO back in November and announced Parag Agrawal, who had been its chief technical officer, would replace him.

Musk responded to the news on Twitter with just four words: “Jack off the board.”

It appears Musk was maybe having some fun with his words as the tweet went viral on Thursday.

Earlier this month, Musk said his deal with Twitter is “not out of the question” at a lower price.

While speaking at the 2022 All-In Summit, Musk said he’s continued to express skepticism about the company’s estimate of spam and fake accounts.

It was originally reported that around 5% of Twitter is comprised of fake accounts and bots. Now, reports have come out arguing that it could be closer to 20%, which Musk admitted concerns him.

Musk said at the All-In Summit that without providing evidence, it “seems beyond unreasonable” that Twitter’s number of human accounts is near 95%.

“Does anyone have that experience?” Musk asked.

In a series of tweets Monday, Twitter CEO Parag Agrawal defended the company’s estimate of “well under 5%” fake accounts and bots.

Tesla CEO Elon Musk’s deal to purchase Twitter is not finalized yet, but some major changes are already taking place at the social media company.

“As we shared back in November, Jack would be leaving the Board when ‘his term expires at the 2022 meeting of stockholders,'” a Twitter spokesperson said in a statement.

Dorsey stepped down as the company’s CEO back in November and announced Parag Agrawal, who had been its chief technical officer, would replace him.

Musk responded to the news on Twitter with just four words: “Jack off the board.”

It appears Musk was maybe having some fun with his words as the tweet went viral on Thursday.

Earlier this month, Musk said his deal with Twitter is “not out of the question” at a lower price.

While speaking at the 2022 All-In Summit, Musk said he’s continued to express skepticism about the company’s estimate of spam and fake accounts.

It was originally reported that around 5% of Twitter is comprised of fake accounts and bots. Now, reports have come out arguing that it could be closer to 20%, which Musk admitted concerns him.

Musk said at the All-In Summit that without providing evidence, it “seems beyond unreasonable” that Twitter’s number of human accounts is near 95%.

In a series of tweets Monday, Twitter CEO Parag Agrawal defended the company’s estimate of “well under 5%” fake accounts and bots.
I knew Tibs was a bot...Tibot

Bots are all over the internet sadly

So a couple facebook related things
1. More than 50% of my facebook feed is ads and fake person nonsense…
2. They block likes on what they deem are controversial posts.. yesterday i was mocking my own response to getting tge flu over nearly dying from covid a few months back… the one i played down the other im milking for all its worth lol… it wasn’t distasteful or anything, nor did it mention vaccines or anything political

Now a follow up post said that i had already tested for covid and mentioned that since i had it i still have antibodies in my system… but thats known science… so either they blocked those posts because they are upset that i said im acting like more of a crybaby over a lesser illness, or because I literally quoted science that hasn’t been disputed for a couple centuries now…