• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Fake Woke

He is white. Racist.

Buying song ....now!!!!

I think I need a safe space.

article-7916-art601b1b3c2e5bb.jpg

Thought this fit in well with the "fake woke" title, this former champion of the working man lecturing us on unity from his 300 acre mansion while millions of people just want to be able to open their restaurant or send their kids to school

https://www.inforum.com/opinion/687...uce-Springsteens-phony-baloney-call-for-unity

The most jarring thing about Bruce Springsteen's cloyingly earnest call for national unity (brought to you by Jeep!) was the images of him driving around a frozen midwestern landscape in a wide-open jeep.

No self-respecting midwesterner exposes themselves to winter elements like that.

It was a stark reminder, along with a Jersey boy like Springsteen playing the part of a plains cowboy, that tone-deaf liberals still don't get it.

Our liberal friends only seem to want unity after their side wins. The Democrats, thanks to the Republican Party's very stupid decision to make an embarrassing, self-dealing huckster like Donald Trump the face of their party, now control Congress and the White House.

They're in the mood to make nice, or at least paying the notion lip service, but can you imagine Jeep and Springsteen making this sort of ad had Trump somehow managed to win a second term in office?

Springsteen himself was vowing to leave the country if Trump was re-elected in 2020.

In October Springsteen wasn't interested in unity. He compared the national election to an "exorcism" and Republicans to a bevy of evil supernatural entities.

“Welcome ghouls and fools, witches, vampires, bloodsucking politicians, zombie denizens of Washington, D.C., it is time for an exorcism in our nation’s capital,” Springsteen said. “In just a few days we’ll be throwing the bums out. I thought it was a … nightmare but it was so true.”

The rocker is also among the many, many performing artists who object to Republicans using their music at campaign rallies.

Mr. Unity only makes music for progressives, I guess.

Springsteen is a liberal, and he has every right to subscribe to that school of thought, but how can someone who sees the political opposition as "ghouls" call for unity?

There are ghoulish people in politics, sure, from the morons who attacked the Capitol building last month to members of Congress who accuse the opposition of attempted murder, but how can we unite when so many, including Springsteen, insist on hating the opposition?

Taken in a vacuum, I agree with every word of the Springsteen/Jeep ad. We're never going to agree on everything, but we could at least agree that most of us are trying, in our ideologically disparate ways, to make our country better.

But I'll believe that the masters of our most influential institutions — academia and the news media and, yes, the entertainment industry — want unity when they start calling for it after their preferred political figures lose an election.

Otherwise calls like Springsteen's sound less like a plea for unity than a demand that the peasants conform.

One look at the news and it is clear that the left is feeling kinda pumped and dominant right now.

Lord help us...people are having fun.....yikes

Tampa streets packed with maskless revelers ahead of Super Bowl 2021
Tampa residents were seen partying mask-free and packed together on the city’s historic Seventh Avenue on Saturday night, ahead of their hometown team’s appearance in Super Bowl LV
https://nypost.com/2021/02/07/tampa-streets-packed-with-maskless-revelers-before-super-bowl-2021/.

Go ahead, somebody say "injin"...I double dog dare ya

Chiefs Under Pressure to Ditch the Tomahawk Chop Celebration
Local groups have long argued that the team’s chop tradition and even its name itself are derogatory to American Indians, yet the national attention focused for years on the Washington football team’s use of the name Redskins and the cartoonish Chief Wahoo logo, long the emblem for the Cleveland Indians baseball team. But in the past year, those teams have decided to ditch their Native American-themed monikers, and the defending champion Chiefs are generating more attention due to a second consecutive appearance on the sport’s biggest stage.
https://www.breitbart.com/sports/20...ssure-to-ditch-the-tomahawk-chop-celebration/

Must be hell to have to check under your bed for monsters every night

WaPo Concerned That Buccaneers Team Name Romanticizes ‘Ruthless Cutthroats
As the Tampa Bay Buccaneers get ready to host Super Bowl LV in their home town, the Washington Post used the occasion to warn against the dangers of “romanticizing” pirates.
https://www.breitbart.com/sports/20...-team-name-romanticizes-ruthless-cutthroats/’

My Mama used to call it a "BOO BOO FACE", now it's a legit offense.

Yahoo! Reporter Claims McEnany Briefings Had 'Deadly Ends' for Press
Originally introduced on CNN’s so-called “Reliable Sources” as a reporter who would hold White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki’s “feet to the political fire,” Yahoo! News White House correspondent Brittany Shepherd ended up giving her a rhetorical foot massage instead. Especially after she falsely claimed that former White House Press Secretary Kayleigh McEnany’s press briefings had “incited” her followers to pursue “deadly ends” for some reporters
https://newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/ni...rter-claims-mcenany-briefings-had-deadly-ends.

Oh no....you can't quit...I fired you.

SAG-AFTRA Bans Donald Trump from Ever Rejoining After He Quit the Hollywood Union
Trump resigned from the union last week, saying, “I no longer wish to be associated with your union.” The president’s resignation came after SAG-AFTRA threatened to expel him, claiming that it found “probable cause” that the former president — who has been a member for more than 30 years — “violated the union’s Constitution” over the events that led to the Capitol Hill incursion in January.

Trump took a parting shot at the union in his resignation letter, saying, “I write to you today regarding the so-called Disciplinary Committee hearing aimed at revoking my union membership. Who cares!”
https://www.breitbart.com/entertain...-rejoining-after-he-quit-the-hollywood-union/

295856_image.jpg

At least we have a couple hours off to enjoy some football....or not.

U.S.—All around the country, conservatives have invited friends and family over to enjoy food, funny commercials, football, and being insulted by every major corporation in America.

"I love football," said local Christian conservative Brad Longaberger, "but I also love the humbling experience of sitting through hours of sermons from powerful corporations reminding me how rotten and terrible I am for not supporting progressive causes!"

According to sources, millions of Americans are looking forward to taking a much-needed break from scolding about masks, social justice, immigration, and toxic masculinity to be scolded about all of those things while watching a really fun football game.

"It's a great tradition in our family," said Longaberger. "Now who is playing again?"

OFTB, my reply to your comments:

**** Springsteen.

Never understood why some think he's so great, I didn't like him even before I knew his politics.

He does however surround himself with talented musicians, perhaps that's the reason.

Never understood why some think he's so great, I didn't like him even before I knew his politics.

He does however surround himself with talented musicians, perhaps that's the reason.

He's very vanilla. Actually, Bon Jovi has become that, too. Must be a New Jersey thing. All hype, no substance.

This one cracked me up today. Even cardboard people are not allowed to be together.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2021/02/08/super-bowl-stadium-packed-fans-cutouts/

Opinion by
Michele L. Norris
Columnist
Feb. 8, 2021 at 3:47 p.m. EST

We all know by now that Tom Brady led the Tampa Bay Buccaneers to a Super Bowl win this weekend, but I hope we also understand that all of America suffered an unnecessary loss. It was foolish to project the image of a fan-packed stadium in the middle of the worst public health crisis in a century.

The NFL blew a rare high-profile opportunity at Super Bowl LV to highlight the importance of safety, sacrifice and social distancing.

The overhead shots, the sweeping camerawork through the stands and the enhanced roar of the crowd made it appear that a stadium that seats 65,000 people was chock full of fans: It was a trick play, a deception to create the optics of excitement, as if the most-hyped sporting event on the planet needed more of that.

There were actually only 25,000 fans in the stadium — about 7,500 of whom were vaccinated health care workers who attended the game as heroes and front-line warriors. The stadium appeared to be full because of 30,000 cardboard cutouts. The league charged fans $100 each to have a virtual, cardboard presence in the stadium and gave each lucky person who paid that fee a link to find themselves on a stadium “fan cam” so they could share their image on social media and enter a contest to win tickets to next year’s Super Bowl. That marketing device had a twofold objective: The cardboard fans dispersed throughout the seats enforced social distancing, and the resulting sea of faces created an image in keeping with what we usually see when we tune in on Super Bowl Sunday.

But this is a year where nothing is normal. We long ago became used to watching sporting events with little or no attendance. No one was going to cry foul if the stands were mostly empty or if the sounds of Super Bowl LV were somewhat subdued. Both moves would have sent a smarter message — stay home for now and stay safe until we can get to the other side of this storm.

That message was even more important because the Super Bowl was in Florida — where the response to the virus has been so disjointed and cavalier that the state motto might as well be “Covid-schmovid.” Huge crowds of mostly maskless fans gathered outside Raymond James Stadium in Tampa in the days leading up to the game despite the city’s mayor asking everyone to mask up at all Super Bowl parties. And just as we’ve seen in college towns after bowl games, throngs of residents flooded the streets on Sunday night to celebrate their hometown team’s win.

I wonder what the health-care workers who were fortunate enough to take a break from their front-line duties to attend the Super Bowl must have thought when they left the stadium Sunday night and saw the sea of revelers on the streets. Covid-schmovid.

The decision to project the image of a full stadium seems even odder given the NFL’s efforts to limit the virus in other ways. Researchers from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention studied the sequestered league-wide universe — a unique cohort — of NFL teams to better understand how the virus spreads. Among the findings: Closing the dining rooms, using face masks, and eliminating in-person, indoor meetings were essential to stopping the virus’s spread even with frequent testing and contact tracing through wearable devices.

Seems like those findings all apply to the spectacle we saw on Sunday night. The health-care workers were vaccinated, but the other 17,500 were not required to be tested or vaccinated before they arrived. And while the NFL did take important safety measures — cashless concessions and gift bags with N95 masks — it is hard to imagine that thousands of people could be fully safe in an environment with a lot of screaming and people doffing their masks to eat and drink.

The NFL has long struggled with mixed messaging. The league that has vowed to spend $250 million to fight systemic racism, and ran a beautiful, moving commercial pledging to fight for social justice, is the same collection of owners that continues to punish Colin Kaepernick for taking a knee to call attention to those very problems. A good player banished because of bad optics.

So much of the Super Bowl is about monetizing optics: the commercials, the over-the-top halftime shows, the supposedly spontaneous decision by the MVP to announce his trip to Disney World while confetti rains down from the sky. But this year there was an opportunity to use the optics in the public interest, for the common good.

So again: Why was it necessary to project an image of a packed stadium in the middle of a pandemic that has claimed more than 460,000 lives? The simple answer is — it wasn’t.

There were actually only 25,000 fans in the stadium — about 7,500 of whom were vaccinated health care workers who attended the game as heroes and front-line warriors.

I went into the Home Depot this past weekend.

Do I qualify as a "hero"? The requirements for that characterization seem to lessen every week. Once reserved for warriors who went into battle with a sword and shield against the Vikings, where "medical care" for an almost-always fatal wound consisted of gutting a chicken, to present, where teachers conducting Zoom classes because of a virus with a 99.7% survival rate, are "heroes."

I used to be a fan. He's just another limousine liberal now. And his music has sucked worse with every passing year.

As much as I can't stand the man's politics (but like you said, he's entitled to his self-righteous, ignorant opinion), I was always partial to "Glory Days", "I'm On Fire" & "My Hometown". Couldn't ever really get into anything past that though.

Remember kids “Woke” is just anti-white racism and anti-white racism is just fine.

I approved of the messages from those videos, but just not a Rap/Hip-Hop fan. Nice job, otherwise.

Guy does it again with over 4 million views in just a few days

You paged Dr. Steeltime??

Dr. Jimmy is generously controlling his napalm-like retort, a comment so insightful, funny and damaging that you will spend the next 8 hours weeping and searching for a safe space that is not available. You and Annoying Oral Claptrap will suffer together in misery, where in fact abuela's leaky roof would be an upgrade.

giphy.gif

I spare you such fate, because Dr. Jimmy is kind.