• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Far right-wing terrorist murders two American heroes in Portland

Islam once again bringing out the best in people.

Wackos of every ilk exist. Execute all zealots...and we'll be fine.

What I hate is seeing ************* who are on government "lists" getting chances to murder innocents.

Zero tolerance for these ********. If these listed ***** cross the tiniest line; boom, done. Prison or just ******* drop them off in New Guinea.

When Muslims stand up to Muslims and die protecting Christians, then I'll listen.

4 Killed, 34 Wounded In Weekend Shootings Across ChicagoCHICAGO (CBS) — Four people were killed and at least 34 others, including a 9-year-old boy, were wounded in shootings across Chicago between Friday night and Monday morning. http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2017/05/22/weekend-shootings-gun-violence-chicago-may-22/

That was just last weekend. I felt like I had to post it or be a hypocrite, even though it has nothing to do with the global islamic terrorism problem. This is just a normal weekend in a liberal big city.

TibTardLodyte doesn't care about black people dying in Chicago, or black on black killings. You never hear them lament that situation or offer solutions for improvement. They don't care because it doesn't fit the AltLeft narrative.

TibTardLodyte doesn't care about black people dying in Chicago, or black on black killings. You never hear them lament that situation or offer solutions for improvement. They don't care because it doesn't fit the AltLeft narrative.

OK. Solutions?

Pittsburgh has seen some of its bad neighborhoods turn into nice neighborhoods with skyrocketing property values thanks to liberal entrepreneurs flipping houses and opening businesses. Chicago? Cabrini Green.

What's the conservative solution? More tax payer supported for-profit prisons?

OK. Solutions?

Pittsburgh has seen some of its bad neighborhoods turn into nice neighborhoods with skyrocketing property values thanks to liberal entrepreneurs flipping houses and opening businesses. Chicago? Cabrini Green.

There are plenty of solution alternatives. We know for a fact that Liberal run cities like Chicago and Detroit and DC are NOT the model that works. There's little debating that.

My suggestions would include:

Education, specifically school choice, which Liberals rail against. They want to force children to have to go to schools by zip codes, denying families the right to place their children in schools that perform. Allow these families the freedom to put their kids into schools that perform. It will increase the performance of all schools if they have to compete and will provide educational opportunities to children stuck in under-performing institutions.

The only way to address this problem is to introduce competition into schooling. No one knows what the “best way” to motivate these students — or even if there is ONE “best way”. There are many experiments going on today, some with outstanding success. If parents can choose their children’s school, they will invariably flock to the most successful, wherever that may be. This is the basis of the so-called “voucher plans”. The government subsidizes the student instead of the school. And therein lies the path to solving the underachieving educational systems of the inner cities in America.

Inner-city schools are not suffering from a lack of funds. With the combination of federal, state and local funding, many of them spend more per pupil than suburban schools. Yet, by any measure, inner-city public schools are failing on a monumental scale, condemning whole generations to lives of poverty and welfare. The simple fact is that the public school system has failed these children. It has failed, not for lack of money, good intentions, or teacher dedication. It has failed because it is a relic of a bygone era.

Abolish Teachers Unions. Period. That's a mouthful to discuss. Let the free market allow effective teachers to remain and provide an easy out for those who do not. Competition breeds success. Government oversight and management breeds bureaucracy and ineffectiveness.

Destroy the PC approach to policing. Allow, as New York once did (which saved the city from it's once vast violence problem), police to profile and target violent offenders.

Jobs Creation. Not the Obama-style BS manipulated numbers. Actual real job creation focus in these areas. This ties back into education. Develop these students with marketable skills and provide them a path to employment through capitalistic free market job creation.

Begin to destroy the Welfare State and dependency on Government handouts. $50 Trillion has been spent since LBJ signed the law, and nothing has changed with the poverty rate. What it has done is destroy minority families, specifically in the black community, where 70+ percent of African American households are now single parent homes, encouraged by welfare programs that provide incentive for these parents not to marry and for these women to have more children.

That's just a starting point to pragmatic approaches to the problems.

I can tell you the Liberal approach fails. Just look at Baltimore, Detroit, and Chicago. Take a look at their violence, the performance of their schools, and their economies. Then tell me how long Democrats have run those enclaves.

Saw this several days ago. And the reason nobody is talking about it in this section of the board is because it's not an act of terrorism. This guy was not a member of any known Terrorist organization. Even the police investigating the crime said that it's not a hate crime but it appears to be someone suffering from mental Illness having a psychotic break. Once again tips you were trying to make a false equivalency and attempting to paint all conservatives as racist.

I find it more heartening that two white, christian people stood up to violence and racism. They lost their lives protecting Muslim people. How about THAT narrative.

Where are the Muslims standing up to protect Christians? Where are the Muslims standing up to protect gays? Where are Muslims standing up and giving their lives to protect life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness?

Some in this country do it. Those that have given up the strictness of their faith. Anyone is Saudi Arabia want to stand up? Syria? Egypt? Libya? Not a ******* peep....

There are plenty of solution alternatives. We know for a fact that Liberal run cities like Chicago and Detroit and DC are NOT the model that works. There's little debating that.

My suggestions would include:

Education, specifically school choice, which Liberals rail against. They want to force children to have to go to schools by zip codes, denying families the right to place their children in schools that perform. Allow these families the freedom to put their kids into schools that perform. It will increase the performance of all schools if they have to compete and will provide educational opportunities to children stuck in under-performing institutions.

Abolish Teachers Unions. Period. That's a mouthful to discuss. Let the free market allow effective teachers to remain and provide an easy out for those who do not. Competition breeds success. Government oversight and management breeds bureaucracy and ineffectiveness.

Destroy the PC approach to policing. Allow, as New York once did (which saved the city from it's once vast violence problem), police to profile and target violent offenders.

Jobs Creation. Not the Obama-style BS manipulated numbers. Actual real job creation focus in these areas. This ties back into education. Develop these students with marketable skills and provide them a path to employment through capitalistic free market job creation.

Begin to destroy the Welfare State and dependency on Government handouts. $50 Trillion has been spent since LBJ signed the law, and nothing has changed with the poverty rate. What it has done is destroy minority families, specifically in the black community, where 70+ percent of African American households are now single parent homes, encouraged by welfare programs that provide incentive for these parents not to marry and for these women to have more children.

That's just a starting point to pragmatic approaches to the problems.

I can tell you the Liberal approach fails. Just look at Baltimore, Detroit, and Chicago. Take a look at their violence, the performance of their schools, and their economies. Then tell me how long Democrats have run those enclaves.

Interesting that I provided a private solution and you turned to the government. Now who's the liberal?

Schools that perform is a self-fulfilling prophecy. Even the "worst" school districts have high performing students. How do you explain that? Find a high performing school and I'll show you high performing parents and lots of nice houses.

Your solutions are isolationistic. Welfare is a Frankensteins Monster. Good luck simply cutting that off and having everyone fall in line. As much as the dregs of humanity are a problem, keeping them fat and happy may very well be better than leaving them desperate and hungry. God help the neighborhoods that border the bad neighborhoods if we were to ax welfare.

My point is the extraordinary level of hypocrisy that exists on this board. Have a nice day.

First somebody would have to defend this murderer for there to be any hypocrisy. You see, conservatives actually blame the killer, so they are consistent.

It is the left where the hypocrisy is proven with this example because they will come running to denounce this guy but when it's a muzzy, they look for others to blame. See the hypocrisy.

Interesting that I provided a private solution and you turned to the government. Now who's the liberal?

Schools that perform is a self-fulfilling prophecy. Even the "worst" school districts have high performing students. How do you explain that? Find a high performing school and I'll show you high performing parents and lots of nice houses.

Your solutions are isolationistic. Welfare is a Frankensteins Monster. Good luck simply cutting that off and having everyone fall in line. As much as the dregs of humanity are a problem, keeping them fat and happy may very well be better than leaving them desperate and hungry. God help the neighborhoods that border the bad neighborhoods if we were to ax welfare.

Comical reply, even for you.

"A" solution isn't going to fix the inner cities. You're a daft one, but even you know this. It will take a combination of private and federal institutions, efforts and people to fix this problem over the long term.

My suggestion on the educational approach isn't an attempt to infuse Government, it's already there. It's a modification proposal. Stop tying kids to schools. Why you Liberals are so dead set on keeping kids in the bad schools they attend is mind boggling to me. It's inhumane. Your attempts to keep throwing money at the problem has vastly failed for decades. See Baltimore.

I went to a small, country school. It's not on the map educationally and needs reform. But I graduated with honors. Got into a prestigious university. Graduated Cum Laude. There will always be exceptional students, no matter where you go or how bad the schooling. Finding and nurturing exceptional students isn't the problem. It's lifting up the average to excellent, and the poor to average or excellent. Poor schools don't do this. That's why states like mine do these ridiculous PARC tests, to test which schools on average are teaching their students better than others so they can measure them. Not a bad notion, it's how they address the data they cull that is perplexing (more money!).

Your blanket generalized statement about show me a good school, I'll show you wealthy people, blah blah, is just that, a generalization. Across the country, there are high performing schools in low income areas. It's not the norm, but it happens a lot more than apparently you're aware. One example: http://tucson.com/news/local/educat...cle_a45f50cd-38cb-50ba-a385-62e8b7cc9743.html. You don't need to have those demographics to have good schools. As stated in the article, it's a lot of hard work, but can be done. And those families in those areas should have the freedom to transfer their kids into those schools.

Why anyone would be against the federal government education dollars being invested in the students instead of solely into the schools is yet again an area of wonderment.

Abolishing teachers unions isn't an infusion of Government.
Destroying the PC approach to policing isn't an infusion of Government. It's a request for modification of policing tactics permitted.
My jobs creation suggestion isn't an infusion of more Government. It's a request to reduce regulatory burdens on business and allow capitalism to once again thrive, grow, and produce jobs.
Asking to destroy the Welfare State is a request to reduce Government involvement.

So I wonder where you think I'm asking for more Government? Odd. Then again, I'm never perplexed by your replies.

As for Welfare, I said to "begin to destroy the welfare state" and in your typical "changing the argument and context style" infer that I mean to cut it off. That means finding alternatives. Teach a man to fish, instead of creating dependency. I'm sure you've heard of it.

None of this is isolationistic. Quite the opposite. Giving parents freedom to seek out better education? Hardly, that's empowering. So too is freeing up the police to do their job. Getting rid of the teachers unions will improve schooling. And trying to divert people from welfare to subsistence is absolutely a worthy, humanitarian approach to solving the problems. If throwing money into Welfare doesn't fix poverty, why then do it? It's not fixing anything. And it's destroying communities.

Now for you. How would you fix the problem? This ought to be novel.

Last edited:
Humayun Khan died in Iraq in 2004.

Well that fixes it. Del asked for Muslims (plural) standing up and giving their lives to protect life, liberty, etc. You bring up one - Khan.

I'll see your Khan and raise you a Nidal Hasan.

Speaking of Khan, what a dad that guy had huh? Another American hero.

Now for you. How would you fix the problem? This ought to be novel.

OK, but they are likely to offend you.

First of all, I sure as hell would not abolish abortion and planned parenthood. Nip the problem in the bud where you can.

Secondly, take the kids away from the "parents". This will never happen, but talk to any NICU nurse or Neonatologist and they'll tell you how many kids are In the custody of selfish, ignorant, immoral monsters who are never going to pick a better school for their kid, they're never going to give a ****.

Last edited:
OK. Solutions?

I assume you are referring to East Liberty and The Penn Ave corridor. It has been good for the Pittsburgh City tax base. The downside to the gentrification has been the displacement of many of the lower income residents who saw their gov't subsidized housing disappear. They were not helped by the tech windfall, but were forced outward to other areas such as Wilkensburg and Penn Hills. So maybe the liberal entrepeneurship is not the answer to upward mobility of the downtrodden, and nothing more than the creation of a new 1% class. And maybe this is why the left is losing it's minority base.

thesteelcity is right...MODS, can you change the title on this thread???? This left-wing Terrorist was a Bernie supporter.

Uhm, no.

If he's fighting liberals on the side of far-right extremists, holds racist, white supremist views, well that makes him a far-right terrorist.

The attack comes as Portland has weathered rising tensions between groups with fiercely opposing views, including white nationalists, right-wing extremists, anarchists and so-called left-wing “antifascists,” known as the “antifa.” These groups have been colliding with increasing frequency across the country since the election last fall of President Trump — especially in cities regarded as liberal. In April, Berkeley, Calif., was the scene of riots as protests and counter-protests swirled around planned appearances of conservative commentator Ann Coulter and Milo Yiannopoulos, a former Breitbart News editor.

In Portland, clashes broke out last month during what was supposed to be a parade to start the city’s annual Rose Festival. The April 29 parade was canceled after anti-fascist groups pledged to disrupt the event because of the participation of a county Republican Party float. Parade organizers did not want to risk violence. Instead, the day was marked by protesters from across the political spectrum.

That’s where Christian showed up, with his flag cape, where he was noticed by journalists from The Oregonian who were live-streaming the event. That’s the dude who wrote all that ranting, weird stuff on the Facebook page. That’s the dude in the ’76 cape,” one of the journalists said, referring to the 1776 American flag that Christian wore around his neck, “the one who got kicked out earlier.” “Oh, the one who was shouting at everyone.” “He was shouting racial epithets at the park,” she continued.

Christian’s Facebook page is awash in hateful and angry memes and photos. He makes threats of violence against police. He called Oklahoma City bomber Timothy McVeigh a “TRUE PATRIOT!!!” on April 19, the anniversary of the 1995 domestic terrorist attack. Attempts to reach Christian’s family members for comment were unsuccessful Saturday.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-tensions-in-portland/?utm_term=.db9c459975b5

The Portland Mercury, a local newspaper, reported that Christian was a “known right wing extremist and white supremacist” who had attempted to assault protesters at local demonstrations in the past. Video from April 29, shot by Mercury reporter Doug Brown, showed Christian arriving at a “March for Free Speech” draped in an American flag and carrying a baseball bat. While there, Christian yelled to the crowd that he was a “nihilist,” shouted the n-word at people and gave Nazi salutes, Brown reported.

According to the Southern Poverty Law Center, a Facebook page they said belonged to Christian showed he held racist, white supremacist and extremist beliefs. On that profile, the Facebook user said he supported creating a “White homeland” in the Pacific Northwest and declared on April 9 that he had “just Challenged Ben Ferencz (Last Living Nuremberg Persecutor) to a Debate in the Hague with Putin as our judge. I will defend the Nazis and he will defend the AshkeNAZIs.”

I assume you are referring to East Liberty and The Penn Ave corridor. It has been good for the Pittsburgh City tax base. The downside to the gentrification has been the displacement of many of the lower income residents who saw their gov't subsidized housing disappear. They were not helped by the tech windfall, but were forced outward to other areas such as Wilkensburg and Penn Hills. So maybe the liberal entrepeneurship is not the answer to upward mobility of the downtrodden, and nothing more than the creation of a new 1% class. And maybe this is why the left is losing it's minority base.

Wow! Who is the liberal here?

Uhm, no.

If he's fighting liberals on the side of far-right extremists, holds racist, white supremist views, well that makes him a far-right terrorist.

but he was a Bernie supporter who couldn't vote for Trump. Can't we chalk him up to another nutjob that should have been put down? You are Hell bent to label this shitbag to fit your agenda, which I don't even know what it is. Dude is a hateful scumbag. Why isn't that enough?

[h=1]A Teenager At The Center Of Portland Stabbing Attack Thanked The Men Who Died Trying To Defend Her[/h]https://www.buzzfeed.com/claudiakoerner/teenager-at-center-of-portland-stabbing-attack-thanks-men?bffbnews&utm_term=.cpGJGLOWL#.scd3EMjeM
"They lost their lives because of me and my friend, and the way we looked. I just want to say thank you"

One of the teenagers at the center of Friday's train stabbing in Portland, Oregon, offered an emotional thanks to the two men who died after intervening against a man who had been hurling racist abuse at the women.Destinee Mangum, 16, spoke to Fox 12 Oregon on Saturday, at times in tears.

"They lost their lives because of me and my friend, and the way we looked," she said. "I just want to say thank you to them and their family, and that I appreciate them. Without them, we probably would be dead right now."

Mangum said that she was riding the MAX train with a 17-year-old female friend, when a man confronted the girls and began telling them that Muslims should die. Her friend is Muslim, and was wearing a hijab, Mangum's mother told The Oregonian, but Mangum is not.

The girls moved away from him, but he continued to approach and scream at them, she said. He told them to go back to Saudi Arabia, and that they should kill themselves, Fox 12 reported.

Three men then intervened, and the man slashed them with a knife. Ricky Best, 53, and Taliesin Namkai-Meche, 23, were killed, and 21-year-old Micah David-Cole Fletcher was injured. The suspect, identified as white supremacist Jeremy Christian, was arrested after fleeing on foot and has been charged with aggravated murder.

"I just want to say thank you to the people who put their life on the line for me because they didn't even know me," Mangum told Fox 12.

<blockquote class="twitter-video" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Destinee Mangum, one of the targets of hate speech on a MAX train, thanks strangers for saving her life. <a href="https://t.co/sefmOAyIVt">pic.twitter.com/sefmOAyIVt</a></p>— FOX 12 Oregon KPTV (@fox12oregon) <a href="https://twitter.com/fox12oregon/status/868631020609949697">May 28, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Why isn't that enough?

Because of the wider context here, which can't be ignored.

The Most Dangerous National Security Threat That Donald Trump Is Ignoring
http://fortune.com/2017/02/13/donal...y-cve-right-wing-extremism-terrorism-germany/

Donald Trump was elected president while employing white supremacist, anti-immigrant, and anti-Muslim rhetoric. Now the U.S. executive branch is actively seeking to reduce federal efforts to fight right-wing extremism by removing white supremacist groups from U.S. government countering violent extremism (CVE) programs.

Earlier this month, the Trump administration proposed it would repurpose the Countering Violent Extremism task force to focus only on Islamic extremists, considering renaming it “Countering Radical Islamic Extremism” or “Countering Islamic Extremism.”

It’s hard not to see the hand of Steve Bannon—the White House chief strategist and senior counselor whose close ties to white nationalist and far right-wing groups are well-documented—at play. If the change in the CVE task force is implemented, it would mean that hate groups like the KKK would no longer be subject to federal tracking and monitoring through the multi-agency CVE task force, although individual agencies like the FBI would continue to track domestic terrorism and violence.

Domestic terrorism poses a significant, if not greater, threat than Islamic terrorism. Right-wing extremists have repeatedly lashed out in violent and deadly ways against innocent American citizens. The far right wing was responsible for the 1995 Oklahoma City bombing, as well as the 2012 shooting at a Wisconsin Sikh temple and 2015 shooting at a Charleston church. And the FBI has thwarted other, large-scale attacks over the years that would have caused higher casualties.

It is critically important that CVE work continue to focus on preventing violent extremism across the political and ideological spectrum. To do otherwise puts Americans at risk.

Right-wing nationalists and white supremacists will continue to feel sanctioned and energized in the face of national leadership that validates their hate and fear and fails to unequivocally condemn hate-based violence. This is because political language by elected leaders matters.

Another Donald Trump Failure: Not Calling White Supremacy 'Terrorism'
http://time.com/4671901/donald-trump-extremism-terrorism-muslims/

It was recently reported that the Donald Trump Administration plans to limit the focus of the Countering Violent Extremism antiterrorism program. Instead of fighting all violent belief systems, the program would instead devote itself solely to combating radicals who are Muslims and list only "Islamic terrorism" in its name. This betrays a fundamental misunderstanding of the domestic terrorism threats facing our country.

CVE launched under President Obama. Through it, the Department of Homeland Security administers federal grants to nongovernmental organizations and higher-education institutions to carry out programs that counter the potential for violence from “domestic terrorists and homegrown violent extremists.”

From their inception, CVE initiatives have come under fire for unfairly singling out the American Muslim community for special scrutiny, while paying mere lip service to other, equally dangerous threats. Changing the name and the mandate of the CVE program would exacerbate the problem of how little scrutiny right-wing and left-wing extremists receive and amplify the false belief that Islamic extremists are responsible for more violence than other types of domestic terrorists.

Not everyone opposes a CVE name change: white supremacists are rejoicing online because, as they see it, the government is signaling that they are now free from scrutiny. As someone posted to the white-supremacist site Stormfront: “Oh my goodness. Is this for real. Amazing my government no longer targets me as the enemy.

Wow! Who is the liberal here?
I am all for turning shithole areas into economic drivers. I also have a small degree of sympathy for those that are displaced as a result. But in the end, those dependent on Gov't help have little control over their living situations. I am merely pointing out that these liberal entrepeneurs are capitalists, with little regard for social justice issues, even though they pay lip service. The poor are beginning to realize the same thing about the Democratic party.

Abolish Teachers Unions. Period. That's a mouthful to discuss. Let the free market allow effective teachers to remain and provide an easy out for those who do not. Competition breeds success. Government oversight and management breeds bureaucracy and ineffectiveness..

Only if prinicpals are regulated better. Here in WY the libs run the schools, and we are a "Right to work state." In this state that means the prinicpals can get rid of teachers for no reason. I had my kids in a Title 1 school getting scores in the 90% of the whole state, and was fired for being a bad teacher. Truth is that the libs don't want conservatives in these jobs. That's why I was let go.