• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Far right-wing terrorist murders two American heroes in Portland

This is the entirety of your solution?? I put thought into my reply and you give me this horseshit?

Well **** Tim, I didn't know you wanted me to draft formal legislation. Not many people here care to spend their Memorial Day weekend writing 2,000 word dissertations like you.

Nonetheless, you should have been able to surmise that I think the problem stems from children being raised in unsupervised, un-nurturing environments. Stop that and you largely eliminate the problem.

You apparently think the problem is due to their parents (who didn't care to get off drugs during pregnancy) not being able to choose which school they should attend. And speaking of horseshit solutions, you failed to address the obvious barrier to school choice - transportation. I suppose you think all the low income inner-city families can just have their chauffeur take the kids to the school of their choice, or take the bus that doesn't go anywhere near the posh neighborhood schools?

Nah, we're not. Nor are our religions. There are fundamental, flawed differences they won't acknowledge, the two biggest being that there are 250+ different verses in the Koran instructing their believers to kill non-believers, and far too many of their followers that aren't radicals themselves support this violence. Translation: As Islam grows, the problem will grow with no end in sight.

I'm quite certain that Dan Rooney would not appreciate his picture being next to this kind of sentiment.

I saw my Jewish neighbors hanging out with my Muslim neighbors this weekend. Of course, the Christian neighbor who forbids their children to play with the Muslim wasn't with them. Now what is fundamental and flawed about that?

I think the flaw is that you conflate not letting the kids play together with a global movement to teach hate for Western Civilization which teaches kids to wear suicide vests and shoot infidels.

I'm quite certain that Dan Rooney would not appreciate his picture being next to this kind of sentiment.

I saw my Jewish neighbors hanging out with my Muslim neighbors this weekend. Of course, the Christian neighbor who forbids their children to play with the Muslim wasn't with them. Now what is fundamental and flawed about that?
That you label all your neighbors?

I think the flaw is that you conflate not letting the kids play together with a global movement to teach hate for Western Civilization which teaches kids to wear suicide vests and shoot infidels.

So what do you call it when the Christian family shuns the Islamic family because they refused to convert? Or when the Catholic Church does what it did? Love?

Islam doesn't have a monopoly on crazy. You guys are just arguing that your crazy isn't as bad as their crazy. Maybe not, but not exactly something in which to take pride.

Islam doesn't have a monopoly on crazy. You guys are just arguing that your crazy isn't as bad as their crazy. Maybe not, but not exactly something in which to take pride.

You're comparing an isolated example of exclusionary bigotry to a well-funded, organized global movement of mass slaughter. They aren't even CLOSE to the same thing. And it's not about how "crazy" it is either. We're talking about something that poses a potential threat to national security, that could possibly result in mass casualties of people of all races and religions vs. something that hurts the feelings of your 3 Muslim neighbors.

Not in the same ballpark. Not even on the same planet in terms of "not as bad".

Let's see...Neighbor A-won't let his kids play with mine because of our religions.
Neighbor B-would saw off my head with a hunting knife and think he was going to heaven for it.

Yeah, equally crazy. Uh huh.

So what do you call it when the Christian family shuns the Islamic family because they refused to convert?.

Bigoted and their constitutional right to free association?

Or when the Catholic Church does what it did? Love?

Do you mean the pedophilia? I do remember the hordes of people on TV celebrating the priests doing that, oooh, wait. That was muslims celebrating on 9/11/2001. The Catholics Church has been criticized by just about everyone and called criminal over that. no one of any importance told us we need to try to understand why they did what they did.

you are goddamned right our "crazy" isn't as bad as theirs. our crazies might blow up or shoot some abortionists and you might even see a small group of people celebrating that. What you will NOT see is the media sycophants asking us to try to understand them better or hordes of us celebrating in the streets ala 9/11. So, yeah, their crazy is a whole lot more ******* crazy.

Another example of the strange contortions liberals go through to find validating equivalence.

The Catholics Church has been criticized by just about everyone and called criminal over that. no one of any importance told us we need to try to understand why they did what they did.

What you will NOT see is the media sycophants asking us to try to understand them better or hordes of us celebrating in the streets ala 9/11.

When they merely transferred the priests to another town, I'd argue they were asking people to understand.

Who asked people to understand Manchester or 9/11?

Just as Catholics don't wish to be associated with the wide-spread pedo scandal, Muslims don't wish to be associated with radical acts of terror.

If the US indiscriminately bombed a large Muslim city, I bet you would see hordes celebrating.

Muslims raise over $300,000 for families of Portland stabbing victims
http://stepfeed.com/muslims-raise-over-usd300-000-for-families-of-portland-stabbing-victims-5730

In the wake of a hate crime that left 2 dead and 1 seriously injured in Portland on Friday, Muslim communities launched a fundraising campaign to honor and support the families of those affected.

Details of the horrific attack had quickly emerged online following the incident on Friday, and it was revealed that the victims, identified as 53-year-old Ricky John Best and Taliesin Myrddin Namkai Meche, 23, were fatally stabbed by suspect Jeremy C. after they had stood up for two Muslim women Jeremy was verbally abusing on a train.

Soon after news of the crime began circulating online, thousands of American Muslims launched a campaign in support of the victims' families and widely shared it via the hashtag #Muslims4Portland.

The campaign, led by the Muslim Educational Trust and Celebrate Mercy, has already raised over $300,000.

"We wish to respond to hate with love, to evil with good, as our faith instructs us, and send a powerful message of compassion through action," its official page read.

Another example of the strange contortions liberals go through to find validating equivalence.
Only to be surpassed by alt-righters ignoring reality and facts when they present an uncomfortable truth.

ADL Says Right-Wing Terror As Dangerous As ‘Radical Islam’ — But Often Ignored
http://forward.com/news/373151/adl-says-right-wing-terror-as-dangerous-as-radical-islam-but-often-ignored/

“Right-wing extremists have been one of the largest and most consistent sources of domestic terror incidents in the United States for many years, a fact that has not gotten the attention it deserves,” the report, released last week, reads.
For example, advocates and experts in the field believe that the Trump administration is seeking to redefine violent extremism and reshape government policy for dealing with the problem — focusing exclusively on violent Islamic extremism, while eliminating programs aimed at the types of right wing extremism outlined in the new ADL report.

screen-shot-2017-05-26-at-11014-pm-1495818641.png

How much did they raise for Manchester?
That's for the Manchester thread dumbass, but here you go.

Manchester bombing: Muslims raise thousands of pounds for victims after terror attack
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...-bombing-explosion-salman-abedi-a7752256.html

Donations are pouring in within hours of pages being set up

Several Muslim-led initiatives are raising funds for the victims of the deadly Manchester explosion at an Ariana Grande concert which killed 22 people.

One effort led by non-governmental organisation Muslim Engagement and Development has raised more than £2,300.

Dr Shazad Amin, CEO of MEND said, "It is a fundamental part of our faith to help those in need, irrespective of their background.

"The Muslim community stands shoulder to shoulder with victims (and their families) of these atrocities."

MEND said it would appoint a local law or accountancy firm to handle the money and distribute to victims.

Another fundraising campaign is being led by the British Muslim Heritage Centre, along with organisations such as the Islamic Society of Britain, and has raised more than £700 within a few hours.

“Though this is a Muslim-led campaign, we welcome our friends of other faiths and none to also contribute,” the page reads.

“We ask particularly that British Muslims, mosques, Imams, leaders, and groups endorse and promote this initiative.”

2300? That's it? Wow...
Why don't you look around a bit of you're so damn interested in something, dumbass? Because you don't give two ***** about the truth and facts, you just wanna keep spreading your sloppy, bullshit rhetoric to be lapped up by the trumpsters on the board.

<section class="article__headline-section">Muslim group sets up JustGiving page to raise £100,000 for victims of Manchester Ariana Grande concert atrocity
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/3633035/manchester-bombing-muslim-charity-start-funraising-goal-100k/
</section>

Only to be surpassed by alt-righters ignoring reality and facts when they present an uncomfortable truth.

ADL Says Right-Wing Terror As Dangerous As ‘Radical Islam’ — But Often Ignored
http://forward.com/news/373151/adl-says-right-wing-terror-as-dangerous-as-radical-islam-but-often-ignored/

screen-shot-2017-05-26-at-11014-pm-1495818641.png

LMFAO. Seriously? 250 people killed over 15 years vs. 3000 killed on one day? Yeah, just as dangerous. Uh huh.

Oh lookie here....1159 people killed by Islamic terrorists in the last 30 days: Yeah, just as dangerous. You crack me up Tibs.

https://www.thereligionofpeace.com/attacks/attacks.aspx?Yr=Last30

So your argument against the false equivalencies charge is more false equivalencies.

Let's try this on for size. These two statements are not mutually exclusive.

1. Worldwide terrorism is a real threat, particularly that which is propagated by ISIS/ISIL/Al Qaeda.
2. Far-right, white supremicist terrorism is a real threat in the US, as propagated by far-right individuals and groups.

What you consider false equivalency is actually just common knowledge. Far right terrorism is a much larger threat domestically in the US than so-called Islamic terrorism. The numbers bear that out. Worldwide, particularly in Europe and the Middle East, the threat from ISIS-affiliated groups is much greater.

The irony is that those of you in the US are screaming bloody murder 24/7 about Islamic terrorism, yet choose to completely ignore the threat of far-right violence. Probably because few of you are muslims or minorities, so it doesn't fit into your world view. And consequently, that's why it doesn't upset you when Trump takes fighting domestic, far-right terrorism off the table without batting an eye.

When they merely transferred the priests to another town, I'd argue they were asking people to understand.

LOL, you mean the people directly involved did. OMG, seriously?

Who asked people to understand Manchester or 9/11?

This can only be a joke.

If the US indiscriminately bombed a large Muslim city, I bet you would see hordes celebrating.

We HAVE been bombing muslims places. Where are the hordes?