• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

FBI is conducting a new investigation on Clinton emails!

It's getting better...

Attorney General Loretta Lynch PLEADS THE FIFTH

How in the hell does the Attorney General of the United States, THE LEAD LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICIAL in the COUNTRY, plead the Fifth Amendment?

LOCK HER UP!!!

DRAIN THE SWAMP!!!

This could be on MTV. It's got it all.

stroking%20gun_0.jpg

While I think she will still skate on all of this, this meme made me laugh.

14900343_428541524152526_5037540609318106345_n.jpg

I'm just too skeptical here. I think they are distracting from the Wikileaks thing with this, and in a week Comey will say he's taken another close look at it with new evidence and it is even more clear that there is nothing to prosecute. He'll probably get a Supreme Court seat out of this.

I'm just too skeptical here. I think they are distracting from the Wikileaks thing with this, and in a week Comey will say he's taken another close look at it with new evidence and it is even more clear that there is nothing to prosecute. He'll probably get a Supreme Court seat out of this.

I just said the same to Mrs Blitz. Hopefully we are just paranoid. But no one is talking about Wikilinks right now...

How in the hell does the Attorney General of the United States, THE LEAD LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICIAL in the COUNTRY, plead the Fifth Amendment?

LOCK HER UP!!!

DRAIN THE SWAMP!!!

It means we are all ******* right about these corrupt ********.

How long until Comey mysteriously "commits suicide"?

He wasn't obligated to announce this, he didn't want to look bad announcing it after the election.

Weren't the Clintons the matchmakers of Wiener and Huma? How Ironic is that?

Been watching the coverage of this all morning. **** keeps piling on.....I LOVE IT!!!

LOCK THE CORRUPT ***** UP!!!!!

What the ... ?? Our attorney general is pleading the fifth amendment as to what happened to taxpayer money?

A party may plead the fifth only where the party has a genuine, legitimate belief that what he or she says could lead to possible criminal investigation or criminal charges against the person. Fifth amendment protection "must be confined to instances where the witness has reasonable cause to apprehend danger from a direct answer.... To sustain the privilege, it need only be evident from the implications of the question, in the setting in which it is asked, that a responsive answer to the question or an explanation of why it cannot be answered might be dangerous because injurious disclosure could result.” (Hoffman v. United States (1951) 341 U.S. 479, 486–487, 71 S.Ct. 814, 95 L.Ed. 1118.)

So our attorney general is saying that answering questions about what happened to hundreds of millions of dollars of taxpayer money "might be dangerous because injurious danger [to her] could result."

She's a lawyer so I presume she knows that.

OK, "pleading the fifth" is not the same as pleading the fifth. There's a reason they put it in quotes.

OK, "pleading the fifth" is not the same as pleading the fifth. There's a reason they put it in quotes.

Is this another version of "depends on your definition of IS" moment?

Has she literally pleaded the fifth under oath?

Hildebeast doesn't plead the fifth, she simply says "I don't remember" so she can't be charged with perjury. She didn't spend all that time in law school for nothing.

No, she has not.

Hence the reason I was compelled to point out that citing legal rulings about pleading the fifth was not in order.

And you missed my attempt at sarcasm.....if "pleading the fifth" isn't the same as pleading the fifth, then "is" isn't the same as is.

So she is not actually invoking her 5th amendment privilege in a government investigation, and instead is simply refusing to answer questions and co-operate in the investigation? I ask because I don't know.

But by the same token, is anybody okay with our attorney ******* general refusing to answer questions and assist in an investigation of what happened to hundreds of millions of dollars of taxpayer money?

She didn't technically plead the fifth because this isn't a legal proceeding and she isn't under subpoena. Yet.

Hildebeast doesn't plead the fifth, she simply says "I don't remember" so she can't be charged with perjury. She didn't spend all that time in law school for nothing.

Huma as well. Amazing all the stuff she couldn't remember in her deposition. A real case of amnesia going around in that crowd. My guess is she probably can't remember how all these emails got on Carlos Danger's laptop either.

But by the same token, is anybody okay with our attorney ******* general refusing to answer questions and assist in an investigation of what happened to hundreds of millions of dollars of taxpayer money?

I'm not.

Of course I wasn't happy with Janet Reno copping a walk on issuing an illegal shoot to kill order at Ruby Ridge Idaho or using sovereign immunity to quash the state charges for second degree murder against Lon Horiuchi either.