• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Ferguson?

Nice try Kenny but don't quit your day job. That's maybe one of the most poorly worded, disjointed, confusing and flawed analogy filled efforts at "thoughtful" discussion in recent memory. He's right about one thing though. Quoting Milk Dud Head "alongside the likes of Al Sharpton and even President Obama" does a huge disservice. To Barkley.

Since when is "being in the struggle" a defence for lawlessness and criminal activity?
It is absolutely brutal that personal responsibility can be forgiven or overlooked because of race.

The body of work that our Black Civil Rights leaders put in by planning, executing and activating does not justify you being in the conversation. While your body of work on the court very few compare to nor should be mentioned when you are giving your expert analysis. Again, I respect that you have an opinion on Ferguson. And here’s mine.

giphy.gif
What.gif

Some interesting stats.

Last year 123 black men were killed by cops.
Last year 326 white men were killed by cops.

Where is the outrage?

In 2013 5,375 murders committed by blacks
In 2013 4,396 murders committed by whites (which includes hispanic)

Whites are 60% of the population, blacks are 13%.

Since when is "being in the struggle" a defence for lawlessness and criminal activity?
It is absolutely brutal that personal responsibility can be forgiven or overlooked because of race.
Somewhere along the way as white people grew more and more guilt-ridden about race, it became an unspoken rule that if you disagree with an indignant
black person, no matter how ridiculous their argument or complaint, you are obviously a racist.

Johnie Cochran got OJ off with little more than indignation. Sharpton, Jackson, and the others are indignant by profession.

January 21, 2009

Bud of mine in Cape Coral FL posted cell phone video on Facebook today of the police tackling and cuffing a guy in his yard. Dude was a convicted murderer who had broken into the vacant house next door and was squatting there. He was white and the police did not kill him. Cape Coral police are obviously racist.

Some interesting stats.

Where is the outrage?

Violence begets violence eh? Look at all of those murders. 13% of the population and they killed 5,375 people.That's some serious killing going on. I bet 80% of those are black on black crime too. That is THE REAL problem! You fix the family unit& culture and everything else will fix itself guaranteed.

Violence begets violence eh? Look at all of those murders. 13% of the population and they killed 5,375 people.That's some serious killing going on. I bet 80% of those are black on black crime too. That is THE REAL problem! You fix the family unit& culture and everything else will fix itself guaranteed.

Nice thought but that will never work. It's FAR more important to smoke weed, drink sizzurp, record rap songs, rob stores and houses, sell black market cigs and call all white people racist devils.

Some interesting stats.

Where is the outrage?

Do you have the link?

Some interesting stats.

Where is the outrage?

Technically speaking, that is an outrage. All else being equal, if there are more than 4 times as many whites as blacks in the population, the number of white men killed by cops would be expected to have been a little more than 4 times the number of black men killed by cops. But your numbers show there to only be a little less than 3 times as many whites killed by cops. So, from a purely statistical perspective, there IS a disparity - black men are killed by cops at a higher rate than white men are.

What those numbers don't tell us is whether that's because white men are less likely to end up in law enforcement encounters that escalate to the use of deadly force (i.e., white men tend to be more cooperative with police), because cops are less disposed to escalate to deadly force when the perp is white compared to when he's black (i.e., shoot first if the perp is black), or just because, on the whole, white men commit fewer crimes in general.

Numbers and statistics are interesting, but they only contribute as much to your argument as the amount of effort you take to substantiate and interpret them. If you just throw numbers out, anyone can put them in any context and come to completely different conclusions.

Some interesting stats.

Where is the outrage?

Exactly. The disproportionate criminality is outrageous but can't be spoken of aloud.

I guess I'm just missing the argument that supports these protests. If you are asking to be treated equal, I know my thought is I don't care if it's a white person.....if you commit strong-arm robbery and a cop confronts you to stop and you then attack. I then fully expect the officer to protect himself to the point of lethal force. Again, I don't care if he's white.

I guess I'm just missing the argument that supports these protests. If you are asking to be treated equal, I know my thought is I don't care if it's a white person.....if you commit strong-arm robbery and a cop confronts you to stop and you then attack. I then fully expect the officer to protect himself to the point of lethal force. Again, I don't care if he's white.

Of course you would say that, you racist. Just look at your username. You're as corrupt as the rest of the Ferguson P.D. ;)

I just had lunch at a black-owned chicken joint. Killer wings. The punk behind the counter was rude as hell to me. I was very polite, so it had to be for no reason other than me being white. The bad blood sentiment that the idiot protesters are causing is getting out of hand. Ignorance of the facts is a dangerous thing.

It also bothers me to see an increasingly omnipresent, militarized police force, along with an erosion of citizen's rights.

You know who else is bothered by this? A specific group that has been vilified and called all kinds of names. Yes, those infamous Tea Baggers have been complaining about it for a while now. Nice of you liberals to catch on.

He was just trying to deal with his feelings about people he never knew being slaves.

I just had lunch at a black-owned chicken joint. Killer wings. The punk behind the counter was rude as hell to me. I was very polite, so it had to be for no reason other than me being white. The bad blood sentiment that the idiot protesters are causing is getting out of hand. Ignorance of the facts is a dangerous thing.
Should have walked out and let the owner know.

I hope you checked your food for "special sauce" before you ate it.

Nice thought but that will never work. It's FAR more important to smoke weed, drink sizzurp, record rap songs, rob stores and houses, sell black market cigs and call all white people racist devils.

Oh i forgot. I'm the blue eyed blonde haired white devil those racist morons in the nation of islam talk about all the time. They really need to fix that culture though. It is the only solution that will ever really work. Personal accountability. I am responsible for my own actions and what i become in life.